*Video* Anderson Silva sparring. Boxing only

Freddie Roach thinks different from you...but what he does he know. Cant you just have fun and watch the greatest MMA fighter spar in boxing without trying to explain to us thats hes not Mohammed Ali

Lol this, seriously. No one in this thread claimed Anderson was the GOAT of boxing, calm the fuck down. Some people are sensitive as fuck in here.

1. I didn't ask a question.
2. You state your case. I counter. You evade with personal attacks.
3. I haven't made a single irrelevant comment. Everything has been direct.
4. I watch plenty of boxing.
5. You're still evading.

You win man. Silva is a better boxer and would probably beat the two Olympians I posted in that video.

What you dudes fail to understand is people look great against crap opponents. It happens all the fucking time in boxing. Dudes go undefeated for 10-12 or more fights working there way up. They take a step against a old journeyman and get tooled.

All that nonsense, irrelevant movements he is making would not work against a guy who has some talent. If you think it wouldnt, then you don't know what to look for.

There are few guys in history who can pull off those moves against top level talent, and Roy Jones is one of them. Anderson Silva is no Roy Jones. Silva is no Sergio Martinez, who gets tagged all the time with movements like that with his hands down.

Silva would get tooled as he did in that gif against any boxer with talent. I didn't want to turn this into a pissing match, but all the ooohhss and awwws of his movement against guys with no talent is sickening.

Lol this, seriously. No one in this thread claimed Anderson was the GOAT of boxing, calm the fuck down. Some people are sensitive as fuck in here.

No one compared him to the GOAT in boxing. Someone (me) compared him to Hollloway a prospect who has now fell off the radar, and Angulo a guy known for his toughness and power, not his boxing.

Crispness of punches because they were going "live". They were going full speed or close to full speed.

Anderson wasn't. The fact that you couldn't tell is really baffling. Anderson's sparring session was a light session. Apparently you've never heard of that.

This. Those boxers could very well be much more skilled in boxing, but they were going harder. Light sparring is a different thing.

You win man. Silva is a better boxer and would probably beat the two Olympians I posted in that video.

What you dudes fail to understand is people look great against crap opponents. It happens all the fucking time in boxing. Dudes go undefeated for 10-12 or more fights working there way up. They take a step against a old journeyman and get tooled.

All that nonsense, irrelevant movements he is making would not work against a guy who has some talent. If you think it wouldnt, then you don't know what to look for.

There are few guys in history who can pull off those moves against top level talent, and Roy Jones is one of them. Anderson Silva is no Roy Jones. Silva is no Sergio Martinez, who gets tagged all the time with movements like that with his hands down.

Silva would get tooled as he did in that gif against any boxer with talent. I didn't want to turn this into a pissing match, but all the ooohhss and awwws of his movement against guys with no talent is sickening.
So moving your head is a "move" now. Irrelevant at that. Wow.

It's wonderful deductive reasoning on your part. He's moving his head and staying out of harm's way. And because these boxers he's lightly sparring with are lowly to you, these moves would therefore not work against anyone else with any talent. That is what you deduced.

And special emphasis on LIGHT sparring session where he's barely trying.

they are boxing fans that are angry that boxing is dying and is an inferior sport

they are boxing fans that are angry that boxing is dying and is an inferior sport

As an MMA fan, this is a stupid comment. Boxing might be dying in it's own right, and it might not be as exciting (I don't think it is), but saying it's an inferior sport is full-retard. Boxing has evolved over hundreds of years and has probably peaked in it's evolution. MMA? 20 years tops. A lot of guys are still 1 or 2 dimensional.

Boxers have a shit-ton of knowledge about their sport and it's very strategic. Saying it's inferior is like comparing soccer to football.

So moving your head is a "move" now. Irrelevant at that. Wow.

It's wonderful deductive reasoning on your part. He's moving his head and staying out of harm's way. And because these boxers he's lightly sparring with are lowly to you, these moves would therefore not work against anyone else with any talent. That is what you deduced.

And special emphasis on LIGHT sparring session where he's barely trying.

You fail to even realize what I am talking about makes this an impossible debate. Like I said, and I'm not trying to be a dick. Watch some boxing. Watch 2 or 3 cards. That's it.

You fail to even realize what I am talking about makes this an impossible debate. Like I said, and I'm not trying to be a dick. Watch some boxing. Watch 2 or 3 cards. That's it.

The fact that you keep running to the "watch boxing" argument proves that you dont know what youre talking about. If you did, you'd easily pick my argument apart with facts and reasoning. You have neither because you don't know what you're talking about.

I watch plenty of boxing. I've watched it for many years and I still do watch it.

You have no argument.

No one compared him to the GOAT in boxing. Someone (me) compared him to Hollloway a prospect who has now fell off the radar, and Angulo a guy known for his toughness and power, not his boxing.

Fair enough man. I for one am just saying his boxing is the best in MMA, of that there is no doubt.

As someone else mentioned, I don't think he'd win a title or anything but I think he would have a decent boxing career were he to make the switch.

EDIT: But I don't think Silva would be destroyed so easily as your posts would make people believe.

That's just about asinine. Boxing may not be as popular as it once was, but how many people in MMA can consistently pull over 1mil PPV buys? Boxing has more than one, and with Canelo Alvarez moving up the ranks and Sergio Martinez gaining a lot more mainstream coverage I see no reason why you'd believe it's a dead sport. Saying it's inferior in your mind doesn't make it true either. For the most part, us Americans think that soccer is inferior to football, but that doesn't make even the slightest bit true. It's comparing apples to oranges. They're both great sports.

That's just about asinine. Boxing may not be as popular as it once was, but how many people in MMA can consistently pull over 1mil PPV buys? Boxing has more than one, and with Canelo Alvarez moving up the ranks and Sergio Martinez gaining a lot more mainstream coverage I see no reason why you'd believe it's a dead sport.

alvarez only got 1 million viewers when he fought lopez

khan against garcia had a 400k gate

meh

alvarez only got 1 million viewers when he fought lopez

khan against garcia had a 400k gate

meh

Alvarez got 1 million on the same night as Martinez/Chavez Jr (which did over 500k PPV buys) . That's not too shabby if you ask me, especially considering it was the first time he was a headliner.

So you're explaining to everyone that, while his MMA boxing may be notable, he wouldn't make waves in traditional boxing?

And...who exactly argued otherwise up till the point you posted?

Cazadores: the answer to the question no one asked, and everyone already knew.

Thanks for educating all of us.

Alvarez got 1 million on the same night as Martinez/Chavez Jr (which did over 500k PPV buys) . That's not too shabby if you ask me, especially considering it was the first time he was a headliner.

it got 475k and they have over 100 combined fights

meh

it got 475k and they have over 100 combined fights

meh

Close enough. Either way that's close to 1.5 million people watching boxing at the same time. While not mind blowing, it damn sure isn't a bad day at the office for fighters that aren't even a top draw.

Last edited:
Back