*Video* Anderson Silva sparring. Boxing only

LMAO at unnecessary movement. The movements were 100% necessary. It keeps your opponent thinking and keeps you generally out of harms way. It also gives you many angles to attack from. There's absolutely nothing unnecessary about constantly moving your head and your hands.

You're an idiot

You clearly haven't watched much boxing. You can't start making up stuff that you think is good, just because you are ignorant.

Unnecessary movement is unnecessary movement. I could point it out through all 3 videos, but it would be futile.

You clearly haven't watched much boxing. You can't start making up stuff that you think is good, just because you are ignorant.

Unnecessary movement is unnecessary movement. I could point it out through all 3 videos, but it would be futile.

Like I said, you're an idiot.

Compelling argument chap. You got me.

Go watch a few boxing matches. I'll PM you streams to the HBO card this Saturday if you don't have HBO.

Please tell me how moving your head after striking and keeping active is unnecessary movement. Please explain to me the downside of that. As opposed to standing statue-esque and throwing predictable punches while marching forward in a straight like in the video you posted.

Lotta' trollin' up in here... wow.

Anyway I think for an MMA fighter Anderson boxes very well. Very good timing.

Please tell me how moving your head after striking and keeping active is unnecessary movement. Please explain to me the downside of that. As opposed to standing statue-esque and throwing predictable punches while marching forward in a straight like in the video you posted.

It's not even worth arguing with you. You think Silva is abetter boxer then either guy I posted shows that you don't know what to look for and flat out don't know what you are seeing.

Bouncing around non stop while note in range does nothing. Feints are a good thing. Non-stop feints that lead to no where are not a good thing.

You fail to even realize the skill difference between the guys I posted and the OP videos. Silva would be able to get away with no such thing against either of those guys.

looks like a kid hes sparring with

tbh there's alot of videos with him sparring and he aint exactly outside his comfort zone....meaning........step up and spar with decent boxers where he'd be the one getting pushed.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uBcJOayx7-c?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's not even worth arguing with you. You think Silva is abetter boxer then either guy I posted shows that you don't know what to look for and flat out don't know what you are seeing.

Bouncing around non stop while note in range does nothing. Feints are a good thing. Non-stop feints that lead to no where are not a good thing.

You fail to even realize the skill difference between the guys I posted and the OP videos. Silva would be able to get away with no such thing against either of those guys.

Yet you don't say why they are better. Since you do know, explain it. And since you think silva's movement is not good, tell me a boxing fight to watch where they have movement equal to his and where they get owned. Because saying his movement isn't good without having examples of it not working is retarded, just because its not the norm doesn't give enough evidence to say it is unnecessary, the punches in the vid you posted Silva would dodge easily or take them perfectly so that no damage was dealt.

Except he wasn't bouncing around. And the guy was absolutely in range, especially since a lot of his strikes were lunging strikes.

Not sure which video you were watching.

The crispness of punches alone is more impressive then anything in the OP's videos.

Crispness of punches because they were going "live". They were going full speed or close to full speed.

Anderson wasn't. The fact that you couldn't tell is really baffling. Anderson's sparring session was a light session. Apparently you've never heard of that.

You sound like the type of gym hero everyone hates. The guy who's always trying to impress everyone in the gym. Always goes full speed. Always tries his hardest in sparring. Everyone else is taking it easy, working technique, timing, etc. But there's always one or two guys who thinks it's a fight.

Yet you don't say why they are better. Since you do know, explain it. And since you think silva's movement is not good, tell me a boxing fight to watch where they have movement equal to his and where they get owned. Because saying his movement isn't good without having examples of it not working is retarded, just because its not the norm doesn't give enough evidence to say it is unnecessary, the punches in the vid you posted Silva would dodge easily or take them perfectly so that no damage was dealt.

He's fighting a guy from Brazil, which in no way has a foot hold n boxing, who has faced 1 guy with a winning record of 1-0. The guy he is fighting is a joke. If you legitimately believe Silva can get away with that against someone of talent or would even try that, then you are incredibly mistaken.

The gif of him doing something like that and getting hit against another limited boxer is already in this thread.

Compelling argument chap. You got me.

Go watch a few boxing matches. I'll PM you streams to the HBO card this Saturday if you don't have HBO.

Hook a guy up with that link. Just got rid of HBO/Showtime and need to this GGG fight.

Except he wasn't bouncing around. And the guy was absolutely in range, especially since a lot of his strikes were lunging strikes.

Not sure which video you were watching.

Crispness of punches because they were going "live". They were going full speed or close to full speed.

Anderson wasn't. The fact that you couldn't tell is really baffling. Anderson's sparring session was a light session. Apparently you've never heard of that.

You sound like the type of gym hero everyone hates. The guy who's always trying to impress everyone in the gym. Always goes full speed. Always tries his hardest in sparring. Everyone else is taking it easy, working technique, timing, etc. But there's always one or two guys who thinks it's a fight.

How many boxing matches have you watched in the past year. Until you start watching actual boxing your opinion is down right useless.

How many boxing matches have you watched in the past year. Until you start watching actual boxing your opinion is down right useless.

Rather than addressing the specific points I brought up, you address me. Typical evasive tactics.

Rather than addressing the specific points I brought up, you address me. Typical evasive tactics.

You are an evasive debater. You ask a question, I make a point, and then you ask another question or make a comment irrelevant to the debate.

I'm not being evasive. you are. Not only that, but your opinion is shit if you don't even watch boxing.

You are an evasive debater. You ask a question, I make a point, and then you ask another question or make a comment irrelevant to the debate.

I'm not being evasive. you are. Not only that, but your opinion is shit if you don't even watch boxing.

1. I didn't ask a question.
2. You state your case. I counter. You evade with personal attacks.
3. I haven't made a single irrelevant comment. Everything has been direct.
4. I watch plenty of boxing.
5. You're still evading.

Back