vegan muscle building??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cnyle33

Blue Belt
Reaction score
hey im a vegan and i recently decided to gain some wait and bulk up. if anyone has any ideas about how i can gain some muscle it would be greatly appreciated. By the way im 6" 166 with a 17% body fat (its dropping pretty fast). THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

P.S. I ran the search function and its become pretty clear that most people on sherdog have a strong disliking for the vegan/vegetarian lifestyle, those people please dont flame!!!!

Do you drink milk? Is vegan the super vegetarian type deal where you don't eat eggs or drink milk or any of that?

Don't vegetables lack certain amino acids?

Supplement your food.

yeah you will need to suppliment
also because you cant eat as healthy as a normal person you
should be careful of overtraining

eat your beets and eat your carbs and if you want you can eat whordes of nuts and brown beans.

jamiejamie6661 said:
yeah you will need to suppliment
also because you cant eat as healthy as a normal person you
should be careful of overtraining
IMO i eat healthier then a "normal person" the only essential vitamin i am missing is vitamin B-12 which i get more then enough of.

Gaining weight for vegans is pretty hard I think. Look up a vegan bodybuilder, and compare him to a normal bodybuilder, (not advocating body building in anyway, just using it as a comparison.)

Cnyle33 said:
sorry the only essential vitamin i am missing from MEAT is vitamin 12, which can be found in lots of soy products.

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/vegetarian-bodybuilding.asp its a great site...but i really dont wanna be a bodybuilder, im just looking to get up to about 180 and look cut and BIGGER not huge! :-D thanks though.

Yes, but if you're working out, you're also depleting the zinc in your muscles; this wouldn't be a concern for a non-athlete. Unfortunately, zinc and iron aren't absorbed very well except from food sources, but you should be supplementing both these, now, too.

Aside from that, a lot of whey and/or weight gainers. I'm not sure what to use with whey to maximize its nitrogen utilization besides milk, so you'd have research that (learn about PDCAA and how to manipulate it, but if that seems too complicated, for protein, stick with the foods that you are allowed to consume that have the highest PER or BV scores).

Learn to love natural peanut butter. Love it.

*EDIT* Mixed up my protein tests, there.

carped33z said:
i just want to say that animals were made to be eaten.
actually, it's more accurate to say humans were made to eat animals.

Urban said:
actually, it's more accurate to say humans were made to eat animals.

i was more referring to the issue of raising animals for slaughter. those animals wouldnt exist without humans breeding them for such. its like people saying save the trees when you waste paper. most paper comes from tree farms, so the trees cut, like animals slaughtered, exist because people put them there.

animals are delicious.

I think protein can be had in other ways!! Sorry, I just had to say it. Anyway, I would think that just eating more carbs and soy should help with the weight dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back