News Valentina Shevchenko on Andrade "I really like opponents that go forward"

Hearing her talk is like watching someone planning a murder. Simply terrifying...

I don't think I ever listen to her talk in the same manner again lol!

Val mentions she does a lot of studying of her opponent as part of her preparation. This is one of the reasons she's among the best in wmma history, imho.

I've never understood the ones who say 'I'm not concerned about what my opponent might do. My coaches will develop a game plan for me.'

Some fighters love to be on auto-pilot and not to think at all.

I.E. "I love the opponents that come at me because I'll never do it myself no matter how woefully inferior they are."

This, it's not exactly a secret that Valentina relies a lot on counterstriking. Andrade is her best opponent since Joanna and I think she's absolutely awesome, but it doesn't take a MMA mastermind to see that her style is taylor-made for Valentina to counter.

I'm thinking Andrade will bumrush and try overwhelm and rush in with an overhead and Bullet will counter on her chin.

Andrade uses so much force when attacking forward that a counter will be enough to wobble her.

Bullets precision will be key in this fight.

As earlier posters already stated, Valentinas counterstriking will be the thing.

Yeah Val is never in a rush. If she can figure out her distance,shes gonna pick Roiddrade apart.
I agree that Valentina, I don't lift weights but am built like a East German Olympic athlete, Shevchenko will do as you say.

Everytime I have trouble sleeping, I know that a Valentina fight can do the job. Much better than Nyquil.

Easy win for Val. Brawler vs. Super tech striker.

Let's be honest, Val has 0 power. Unless Andrade walks into a high kick, she's never going to hurt her with those pillow fists.

Shevchenko is by far my favourite WMMA fighter .....I think she’ll win comfortably....but anything can happen

Some fighters love to be on auto-pilot and not to think at all.
I have never understood professional fighters not getting every advantage they can, whether it's studying their opponent, or watching what they eat when they don't have a fight scheduled. I remember watching TUFF and wondering why someone would get sh*tfaced drunk when they have fights scheduled, and a UFC contract on the line. Why not give yourself the best possible chance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back