News Valentina Shevchenko on Andrade "I really like opponents that go forward"

"I really like opponents who run towards me and want to hit the hardest they can, I really like them so it's gonna be good"

1:21:00

7klk6till57bullet456-gif.830167

Val mentions she does a lot of studying of her opponent as part of her preparation. This is one of the reasons she's among the best in wmma history, imho.

I've never understood the ones who say 'I'm not concerned about what my opponent might do. My coaches will develop a game plan for me.'

There is a significant skill difference in this fight. Shev wins and makes it look easy. The safest bet on the card.

There is a significant skill difference in this fight. Shev wins and makes it look easy. The safest bet on the card.
The question is how does she get it done? I feel like any way except knockout. Andrade got a big ol' melon.

"I really like opponents who run towards me and want to hit the hardest they can, I really like them so it's gonna be good"

1:21:00

Valentina's a counterstriker and you know Jessica's gonna come at her lol. It's gonna be glorious. Like a dissection.

Yep, I am fully expecting a Valentina finish.

She alternates decisions and finishes, and just had a decision vs Maia.

Andrade is the perfect opponent to catch with a head kick.

I've never understood the ones who say 'I'm not concerned about what my opponent might do. My coaches will develop a game plan for me.'
Both things work for different people. Sometimes they have a trust in thier coaches analyzing opponents. If they trust them to train her they trust in this too. At some point,fighters have prepared themselves as much as they can in the things they are good at and let them take care of the rest.

Back