Valentina Shevchenko is not all that. It was Holly that made her look awesome.

Outside of the ronda fight...
Holly has looked far from
stellar in the UFC. I still think
Rocky fought her to a draw

She lets herself be far too one dimensional. She was clearly the bigger/stronger fighter last night. Should have gone for some takedowns, if nothing else, to put that in the back of Valentina's mind so she wouldn't be as quick to throw.

I don't think Holly is over rated. I had her winning the first two rounds vs Valentina. I can see Valentina winning the belt but I don't think its a guarantee she would beat Holly again.
I do, she hasnt done anything outside of that one fight I mentioned impressive. But also it seems Muay Thai girls take a few rounds to get going.. She did the same against Amanda, got going to late in the third. JJ always seems to pick it up in the second or third also.. I think they like to feel out their opponent and get their range.. I think it was 4 rounds to 1 but can see your arguement.. Either way Shev winning wasnt an upset at all in my eyes.

Last edited:
How about you watch 193 for yourself instead of being a total retard and just repeating what other retards have said.

Ronda did not "rush" into Holly's punches, ppl just assume this cuz that's what Ronda does.
Seriously, i challenge you to stop being a re-re-repeating retard and find two (there is only 1), TWO gifs of Ronda charging in.

I mean i have obviously watched this fight with a fine tooth comb.

I'm sorry but either you defintion of "rushing" is vastly different to most people or you seem to have totally lost touch with reality here. Its obviously Rousey was rushing/chasing down Holm aggressively and Holly caught her several times when she was doing so including the setup for the headkick off of a wild Rousey strike.

I would add as well this fight wasn't Crocop./Wanderlei 2 redux as some liked to paint it either, Holm was obviously getting the better or Rousey before the finish but was eating a good deal of punishment herself. Sne's a good kickboxer certainly but not on the level of someone like Mirko.

Ok, imagine if Borg came to 135 and fought Val................................ O_O

Night night Val.

cyborg will never be able to make 135 and even if she wouldnt be as powerful and strong so I actually think valentina would win. Its not like cyborg never lost to an elite kickboxer..

I'm sorry but either you defintion of "rushing" is vastly different to most people or you seem to have totally lost touch with reality here. Its obviously Rousey was rushing/chasing down Holm aggressively and Holly caught her several times when she was doing so including the setup for the headkick off of a wild Rousey strike.

I would add as well this fight wasn't Crocop./Wanderlei 2 redux as some liked to paint it either, Holm was obviously getting the better or Rousey before the finish but was eating a good deal of punishment herself. Sne's a good kickboxer certainly but not on the level of someone like Mirko.
Then show me TWO fucking gifs where Ronda rushed in 193, just show me two fucking gifs, or stfu.

Huh? Do you think that Holly fought a great fight in a barn-burning battle?

Holly LOOKED like she was super scared to FIGHT...

...and due to never wanting to mix it up, Val timed her superbly.
Your previous post was nothing but useless excuse making.

Valentina Shevchenko:

2nd degree black belt in Taekwondo
International Master of Sports in Muay Thai
Master of Sports in Boxing
Master of Sports in Kickboxing
Master of Sports in Taekwondo
Black belt and Master of Sports in Judo

Master of Sports (in Russia) =~ Black Belt
---
I'm not surprised as to what she did to Holly. Holly fought to the best of her abilities.

She lets herself be far too one dimensional. She was clearly the bigger/stronger fighter last night. Should have gone for some takedowns, if nothing else, to put that in the back of Valentina's mind so she wouldn't be as quick to throw.
idk about that... She entered MMA
as a champion boxer. She developed
quite quickly into a solid kickboxer.
Her dimension is stand up, but she
has grown in that dimension. Perhaps
she has become a little stagnant... but
I think her problem is her aggression.
I think that KO loss in boxing sort of
rerouted her fighting career.

She has the size, skill and endurance
to be a highlight reel in a relatively
shallow division. All due respect to
the women at 135 (I'm a HUGE
Peacemaker fan), but the reality is,
is that the discrepancy in skill between
the elite top 5 & the rest of the bracket
is stark & evident. Even in their physicality

I thought Holly fought the same fight she always does. She didn't look any different than usual to me. Shevchenko is highly skilled and looked well prepared to deal with Holly's attack.

Exactly this .. Valentina and her coach had Holly's predictable style and strikes/combos completely figured out. I believed that Val could beat Holly, and I never thought the size difference was as much of an issue as others seemed to think, but I also didn't think that Holly would end up looking completely outclassed by comparison ...

Last edited:

I do think she was having some success in that clinch. If she would have had more confidence there she could have maybe won a boring cage fight. Would have been horrible to watch but if I'm her it's better than losing.

I think Pena gets the next shot. She's earned it at this point.

Pena should fight Tate next. Valentina earned the rematch with Nunes.. considering Nunes lost the 3rh round and would have most likely lost 4 and 5.

She won dominated the 3rd round vs Nunes and might had beaten her if it had been a 5 round fight. If Shevchenko might be the favoruite vs the fucking champ then what is is but all that?

I like Holly because she's nice and humble and gave us the greatest moment in MMA history, but it's sadly true she's only looked good in the Honda fight.

Exactly this .. Valentina and her coach had Holly's predictable style and strikes/combos completely figured out. I believed that Val could beat Holly, and I never thought the size the difference was as much of an issue as others seemed to think, but I also didn't think that Holly would end up looking completely outclassed by comparison ...
tumblr_inline_nep8tonWHY1rmwxao.gif

I don't know if I would go that far. Valentina clearly won the fight but I had Holly winning rounds 1&2, with 3 being reasonable close.

Then show me TWO fucking gifs where Ronda rushed in 193, just show me two fucking gifs, or stfu.

I'm watching the fight now...

Rd 1

0:30- Rousey chasing Holm down walks into jab.

0:50 - Rousey caught by power straight moving forward quickly.

1:30 - Rousey overbalanced rushing forward with strikes and eats a body kick getting up.

2:15 - Rousey rushes forward directly into an elbow by Holm.

3:30 - Rousey moves forward a bit more slowly into power straight

Rd 2

0:15 - Rousey chasing walks into a straight.

0:25 - Rousey advancing walks into bodykick

0:50 - Rousey overbalances again looking to burst forward with a punch, sets up headkick.

That's ignoring loads of points where Holm just avoids a Rousey rush forward. Even the points where Rousey is not moving forward she's happy to stay much closer to Holm than Valentina was.

Just like Holly is not all that, it was just Ronda rushing in that made Holly look awesome.
Just like how Ronda isn't all that because she rushes in in every fight. Just took the right fighter to expose her bum rushing style as flawed and limited.

Back