Valentina Shevchenko is not all that. It was Holly that made her look awesome.

Holly played right into Val's hands.

If you were a coach, you'd realize that.
I reckon I've likely done a hell of a lot more muay thai and kickboxing than you have. There was nothing Holly could've done in that fight that would've changed shit. Holly excels at striking, only problem is that so does Valentina, and she's even better at it.

I agree that holly totally fought to Valentina's strengths. Getting into a game of tag in the center of the octagon while being the bigger and stronger athlete.

However Valentina's decorated resume does prove she is all that. Does she have holes in mma? sure, everyone does. But any chick that wants to exchange with her in open space is getting beat. Joanna included, holly, and to all you returning Ronda fanboys, Holly's sudden skid doesn't suddenly make Ronda's standup any better

Not so sure she beats Joanna now. Joanna was nowhere near as experienced as Valentina when they fought years ago. I would love to see a mma fight between them at some point.

I've seen that, but thanks for posting it.

I'll reiterate, Val is a good striker, but.......

Ok, imagine if Borg came to 135 and fought Val................................ O_O

Night night Val.

Im not so sure sir. She keeps improving her ground game and has had great hips n base from judo. And she's on another level right now when it comes to striking.

Im not so sure sir. She keeps improving her ground game and has had great hips n base from judo. And she's on another level right now when it comes to striking.

It's mythical anyway.

Borg is not going to 135 any time soon.

...but if she did...Val would be DWARFED.

tumblr_inline_nep8tonWHY1rmwxao.gif

I don't know if I would go that far. Valentina clearly won the fight but I had Holly winning rounds 1&2, with 3 being reasonable close.
Round 3 of all rounds was the most lopsided in Shev's favor.
Two takedowns plus extended ground control must account for a little bit at least.

so you're saying valentina is a limited one-dimensional fighter but she just outclassed holly in all aspects of an mma fight so what does that make holly?? lol

Shevchenko makes a ton of dudes look like amateurs.

She had a similar performance to Aldo's at 200 minus the size advantage and praise. Poised, technical, and tactical victory.

Go Bullet Valentina.

(FYI I'm not calling Aldo an amateur.)

Holly Holm is not all that it was Ronda that made her look awesome.

I'm not bashing, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Ronda GAVE Holly that fight on a silver fucking platter.

Holly is a straight up striker...and Ronda just charged recklessly at her with a billion sloppy punches...which made it EASY for Holly to time everything.

That said, I LIKE Holly, but she is VERY limited in MMA...as opposed to strict stand-up fighting.

Also, it should be noted that I admire and respect Ronda, (she is a TRUE warrior) but for that fight her game was totally OFF.

Holly Holm is not all that it was Ronda that made her look awesome.

Ronda GAVE Holly that fight on a silver fucking platter.

Holly is a straight up striker...and Ronda just charged recklessly at her with a billion sloppy punches...which made it EASY for Holly to time everything.

That said, I LIKE Holly, but she is VERY limited in MMA...as opposed to strict stand-up fighting.

Also, it should be noted that I admire and respect Ronda, (she is a TRUE warrior) but for that fight her game was totally OFF.

Yeah, apart from when HH countered/blocked the clinch throw; escaped RR armbar attempt, lifted/slammed RR herself; pick RR off when she was stationary.

Yeah all that happened was RR ran into HH punches/kicks.

Sarcasm over

Holly GAVE Valentina that fight on a silver fucking platter.

Valentina is a straight up striker...and Holly just hopped around with a billion worthless feints atop of worthless spammy kicks...never wanting to engage...which made it EASY for Valentina to time everything.

Holly acted as if Valentina was a prime Mike Tyson or something...what was sad in light of how much BIGGER Holly is compared to Valentiny.

That said, I LIKE Valentina, but she is VERY limited in MMA...as opposed to strict stand-up fighting.

Also, it should be noted that I admire and respect Holly, (she is a TRUE warrior) but last night her game was totally OFF.
I actually agree with this a lot.

She seemed scared to get in close.

People are really overrating the performance of Valentina, I think people are just in shock at the fact she beat Holly.

Memories are very short, 2 losses and you're a bum.

Yeah, apart from when HH countered/blocked the clinch throw; escaped RR armbar attempt, lifted/slammed RR herself; pick RR off when she was stationary.

Yeah all that happened was RR ran into HH punches/kicks.

Sarcasm over
All that happened after Ronda ran into Holly's punches and had her jaw shattered.

I actually agree with this a lot.

She seemed scared to get in close.

People are really overrating the performance of Valentina, I think people are just in shock at the fact she beat Holly.

Memories are very short, 2 losses and you're a bum.
In the case of Ronda one loss was enough.

In the case of Holm one victory was enough to put her on a pedestal - a place she never earned.

In the case of Ronda one loss was enough.

In the case of Holm one victory was enough to put her on a pedestal - a place she never earned.
Never earned? Come off it.

She absolutely murdered the undisputed champion. In that case Weidman and Dillashaw didn't earn anything either.

Holly threw away the Tate fight - was unbeaten in MMA beforehand and had an extensive Kickboxing and Boxing world level career.

She absolutely murdered the undisputed champion. In that case Weidman and Dillashaw didn't earn anything either.

Holly threw away the Tate fight - was unbeaten in MMA beforehand and had an extensive Kickboxing and Boxing world level career.

I meant mma.

See, it's the other way round.
She has one great victory and nothing else in this sport and people act as if she's the greatest thing since poo came sliced.

And lol at the Weidman comparison.
He defended his title like four or five times before he was beaten.
He defeated high level opponents in the ufc before he got a title shot.

Holm would be 2-3 in the ufc if the Pennington fight had been scored correctly.

And lol at the Weidman comparison.
He defended his title like four or five times before he was beaten.
He defeated high level opponents in the ufc before he got a title shot.

Holm would be 2-3 in the ufc if the Pennington fight had been scored correctly.
Weidman beat Munoz and Maia - essentially the male equivalents of Pennington and Reneau level.

Weidman a nobody before Silva right? Same as Holly was a nobody before Rousey.

Who's even talking about Weidman post-Silva, that wasn't my point. Weidman also defended it 3 times, not 4 or 5.

I meant mma.

See, it's the other way round.
She has one great victory and nothing else in this sport and people act as if she's the greatest thing since poo came sliced.
If she's such a bum, why did she drop Valentina? Why did she win 3 rounds against Tate?

Valentina is a straight up striker...and Holly just hopped around with a billion worthless feints atop of worthless spammy kicks...never wanting to engage...which made it EASY for Valentina to time everything.

That said, I LIKE Valentina, but she is VERY limited in MMA...as opposed to strict stand-up fighting.

Fucking what? This is the first time you've ever seen Valentina fight, isn't it, lad? It ain't even just you. Way too many people seem to think Valentina is one-dimensional and only a striker.

She's got more submission wins than anything else and in her UFC debut she threw like 5 strikes for the whole fight and proceeded to wrestlefuck Sarah Kaufman like she owned her.

Valentina is way more than just a striker.

As for her and Holly, Valentina was just better than Holly everywhere. Holly was tentative, sure, because she knew Valentina's wrestling was a threat. Holly couldn't even budge her once she got her down.

Back