Valentina Shevchenko is not all that. It was Holly that made her look awesome.

resized_dr-evil-meme-generator-you-ain-t-all-that-and-a-bag-of-potato-chips-1518cf.jpg

She just beat the former champion,and would have beaten the current champ in 5 rounds, yea I would say she's good. But Sherdog.

resized_dr-evil-meme-generator-you-ain-t-all-that-and-a-bag-of-potato-chips-1518cf.jpg

She just beat the former champion,and would have beaten the current champ in 5 rounds, yea I would say she's good. But Sherdog.

"But Sherdog"...

Sherdog tends to over-react to a win...

You're the one "But Sherdogging".

I'm not bashing, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Holly GAVE Valentina that fight on a silver fucking platter.

Valentina is a straight up striker...and Holly just hopped around with a billion worthless feints atop of worthless spammy kicks...never wanting to engage...which made it EASY for Valentina to time everything.

Holly acted as if Valentina was a prime Mike Tyson or something...what was sad in light of how much BIGGER Holly is compared to Valentiny.

That said, I LIKE Valentina, but she is VERY limited in MMA...as opposed to strict stand-up fighting.

Also, it should be noted that I admire and respect Holly, (she is a TRUE warrior) but last night her game was totally OFF.

Almost every time Holm tried to move forward she ended up eating a strike of some kind and there was also the threat of that spinning back fist that could have caught her several times if she'd pushed forward more.

The reality is Holm fought her natural game, the same game she used vs Rousey but faced someone who was simply better at it beating her to the punch/kick. Looking to chase someone down and brawl with them has never been how she fights.

Just like Holly is not all that, it was just Ronda rushing in that made Holly look awesome.
How about you watch 193 for yourself instead of being a total retard and just repeating what other retards have said.

Ronda did not "rush" into Holly's punches, ppl just assume this cuz that's what Ronda does.

Ppl see this gif and think Ronda was rushing, she wasn't rushing, that is just the biggest whiff of all time in the UFC
sqXfrlrmUVPsQ.gif

Find me a gif where Ronda rushes in, you won't, you'll most see this
t9O5fAVmaWaqY.gif
zskBTKlb2OucM.gif
13rD5qnsEYredW.gif
PFFncrzKmuqf6.gif

Seriously, i challenge you to stop being a re-re-repeating retard and find two (there is only 1), TWO gifs of Ronda charging in.

I mean i have obviously watched this fight with a fine tooth comb.

Outside of the ronda fight...
Holly has looked far from
stellar in the UFC. I still think
Rocky fought her to a draw
This. Holly has looked pretty impotent with regards to striking power in every fight I've seen of hers in the UFC other than the Ronda fight. She yells loudly like old school TMAs but there appears to be very little force on her strikes. Her judging of distance/range doesn't seem great considering her pedigree. She was constantly coming up short on her strikes vs Shevchenko. It really makes you scratch your head as to why in the Ronda fight all of a sudden she had solid, damaging power and pinpoint accuracy. I know Ronda was pretty aggressive and all (that explains a little bit of it) but Holly just looked like a different fighter in there.

^^^^^
Ive never fallen over from throwing a left hook, and Ive never seen it before from anyone ever. If that isnt rushing in offbalance..... I mean, she could have started in a three point stance I guess.

How about you watch 193 for yourself instead of being a total retard and just repeating what other retards have said.

Ronda did not "rush" into Holly's punches, ppl just assume this cuz that's what Ronda does.

Ppl see this gif and think Ronda was rushing, she wasn't rushing, that is just the biggest whiff of all time in the UFC
sqXfrlrmUVPsQ.gif

Find me a gif where Ronda rushes in, you won't, you'll most see this
t9O5fAVmaWaqY.gif
zskBTKlb2OucM.gif
13rD5qnsEYredW.gif
PFFncrzKmuqf6.gif

Seriously, i challenge you to stop being a re-re-repeating retard and find two (there is only 1), TWO gifs of Ronda charging in.

I mean i have obviously watched this fight with a fine tooth comb.

Exactly.

Holly was overrated because she beat a tired out 50% Ronda Rousey.. If you watch her other fights she either beat people no one has heard of, lost or barely got by....

With that being said, Valentina Shevchenko is a very good mixed martial artist. Shes a multiple time Muay Thai Champion who would of beat Amanda if the fight went longer and will in the rematch.. I called Holly losing a few times on this site and other forums.. reasons for that, Shev is an amazing fighter and Holly was very overrated.
Shev will be the champion of 135 soon... Just a matter of when Amanda takes the fight.

I've been involved with fighting all my life.

My insight is not that of an uneducated fan.

Respect, but that doesn't mean you can't be wrong.

Sometimes, people who train can project their own experiences onto situations where it doesn't belong.

Holly is a kickboxer, who had reach & height. Shevchenko overcame that with speed & an incredible, superior sense of range.

Highly impressive to my eyes. Most people get stuck & moved against Holly, but Shev owned her.

What made Holly shine in the Ronda fight was absent here. She rarely threw combinations. She did have some moderate success when she did. Also she did not cut any angles and simply stopped after throwing her strikes. Against Ronda she threw nice combinations and exited on an angle beautifully.

cry more loser, VALENTINA SHEVCHENKO IS GONNA BEAT ALL YOUR FAVORITE FIGHTERS

7d7uMwz.gif

This. Holly has looked pretty impotent with regards to striking power in every fight I've seen of hers in the UFC other than the Ronda fight. She yells loudly like old school TMAs but there appears to be very little force on her strikes. Her judging of distance/range doesn't seem great considering her pedigree. She was constantly coming up short on her strikes vs Shevchenko. It really makes you scratch your head as to why in the Ronda fight all of a sudden she had solid, damaging power and pinpoint accuracy. I know Ronda was pretty aggressive and all (that explains a little bit of it) but Holly just looked like a different fighter in there.
It was almost like it was the
first time someone went into a
Ronda fight with a clear gameplan.

I think that fight had a lot more to
do with their respective coaches,
more so than either of their skills.
They are both clearly very skilled.
Ronda was just a fish out of water.
Perhaps all the media obligations
prevented her from recognizing the
need to adjust her training for her
most formidable opponent up to
that point.

Holly was overrated because she beat a tired out 50% Ronda Rousey.. If you watch her other fights she either beat people no one has heard of, lost or barely got by....

With that being said, Valentina Shevchenko is a very good mixed martial artist. Shes a multiple time Muay Thai Champion who would of beat Amanda if the fight went longer and will in the rematch.. I called Holly losing a few times on this site and other forums.. reasons for that, Shev is an amazing fighter and Holly was very overrated.
Shev will be the champion of 135 soon... Just a matter of when Amanda takes the fight.
I don't think Holly is over rated. I had her winning the first two rounds vs Valentina. I can see Valentina winning the belt but I don't think its a guarantee she would beat Holly again.

I'm not bashing, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Holly GAVE Valentina that fight on a silver fucking platter.

Valentina is a straight up striker...and Holly just hopped around with a billion worthless feints atop of worthless spammy kicks...never wanting to engage...which made it EASY for Valentina to time everything.

Holly acted as if Valentina was a prime Mike Tyson or something...what was sad in light of how much BIGGER Holly is compared to Valentiny.

That said, I LIKE Valentina, but she is VERY limited in MMA...as opposed to strict stand-up fighting.

Also, it should be noted that I admire and respect Holly, (she is a TRUE warrior) but last night her game was totally OFF.
People often get it wrong and make bad predictions. Some people accept it and move on, and others like yourself still try to pretend that they were right all along by making some weak, pathetic excuse for their fighter.

People often get it wrong and make bad predictions. Some people accept it and move on, and others like yourself still try to pretend that they were right all along by making some weak, pathetic excuse for their fighter.

Huh? Do you think that Holly fought a great fight in a barn-burning battle?

Holly LOOKED like she was super scared to FIGHT...

...and due to never wanting to mix it up, Val timed her superbly.

What made Holly shine in the Ronda fight was absent here. She rarely threw combinations. She did have some moderate success when she did. Also she did not cut any angles and simply stopped after throwing her strikes. Against Ronda she threw nice combinations and exited on an angle beautifully.
No, what Holly gained is MORE Greg Jackson, he's fucking up Holly's game.

Look, Holly has been the best fighter that listens to her corner, while in the fight, which is also a detriment. You watch some of her opponents interviews and they can see that Holly is practically a robot, Mia st. John noticed this in her fight as well which went to 10rounds.

At this point Greg Jackson has no idea what he's doing with all his fighters, he's TOO successful and coaching and cornering HALF the UFC fights on a card, ok not really, but he's always there.

Look, this isn't Edmond bad, and yes i am 100% positive Greg Jackson favors all this top 5 stars over anyone else, especially Holly, she's the face of Jackson/Wink.

He's just not good anymore.

Back