Valentina Shevchenko is not all that. It was Holly that made her look awesome.

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm not bashing, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Holly GAVE Valentina that fight on a silver fucking platter.

Valentina is a straight up striker...and Holly just hopped around with a billion worthless feints atop of worthless spammy kicks...never wanting to engage...which made it EASY for Valentina to time everything.

Holly acted as if Valentina was a prime Mike Tyson or something...what was sad in light of how much BIGGER Holly is compared to Valentiny.

That said, I LIKE Valentina, but she is VERY limited in MMA...as opposed to strict stand-up fighting.

Also, it should be noted that I admire and respect Holly, (she is a TRUE warrior) but last night her game was totally OFF.

Last edited:
Agreed. I need to see a lot more from Shevchenko before I jump on that bandwagon.

How is she limited? She seems more well rounded than we all thought. She seems competent on the ground and isn't afraid to take it there.

The most surprising thing about the fight was when Valentina started speaking Spanish in the post fight interview.

Outside of the ronda fight...
Holly has looked far from
stellar in the UFC. I still think
Rocky fought her to a draw

You are, actually. You're doing exactly that.

There's nothing wrong with it, but own it.

I will not own it sir.

Valentina is cute, charming, really good at striking, but...the UFC is more than stand up fighting, and for the weight class, she is diminutive.

The most surprising thing about the fight was when Valentina started speaking Spanish in the post fight interview.
Well, she has lived in Peru for a long time now (well, at least I think it has been a long time).

Watch this & get back to me... Also go watch the Nunes fight & tell me she wouldn't have won if it were five rounds or had a full camp.

I can't wait to see Nunes gas and Shevchenko will finish her this time.

I'm not bashing, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Holly GAVE Valentina that fight on a silver fucking platter.

Valentina is a straight up striker...and Holly just hopped around with a billion worthless feints atop of worthless spammy kicks...never wanting to engage...which made it EASY for Valentina to time everything.

Holly acted as if Valentina was a prime Mike Tyson or something...what was sad in light of how much BIGGER Holly is compared to Valentiny.

That said, I LIKE Valentina, but she is VERY limited in MMA...as opposed to strict stand-up fighting.

Also, it should be noted that I admire and respect Holly, (she is a TRUE warrior) but last night her game was totally OFF.
I can't disagree with that assessment. Super frustrating to watch.

Just like Holly is not all that, it was just Ronda rushing in that made Holly look awesome.

Watch this & get back to me... Also go watch the Nunes fight & tell me she wouldn't have won if it were five rounds or had a full camp.

I've seen that, but thanks for posting it.

I'll reiterate, Val is a good striker, but.......

Ok, imagine if Borg came to 135 and fought Val................................ O_O

Night night Val.

I will not own it sir.

Valentina is cute, charming, really good at striking, but...the UFC is more than stand up fighting, and for the weight class, she is diminutive.
Shevy is all that and her judo is decent. Took Holm down and held her there.
Ronda would wreck her easily though.

How is she limited? She seems more well rounded than we all thought. She seems competent on the ground and isn't afraid to take it there.
She's definitely limited on the ground. She's good with her Muay Thai trips and what not. But she literally laid in half guard doing absolutely nothing until the final seconds of the round.

Valentina's timing looked masterful last night
Sure did. The right hand was there aaaallll night. Like a magnet to Holly's head.

I've seen that, but thanks for posting it.

I'll reiterate, Val is a good striker, but.......

Ok, imagine if Borg came to 135 and fought Val................................ O_O

Night night Val.
Okay-gif.gif

You can say that about anyone at 135 vs Cyborg :p

Holly reminded me of UFC Cro Cop last night, way to gun shy and when she did swing it was a mile off the mark.

The same way Rousey made Holm look awesome?

Back