• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Usyk vs Joshua 2 August 20th

Two HWs that dont fuck about making fights. Very refreshing.

Looking forward to seeing if AJ can solve the puzzle or if Usyk turns it up a notch further.

Two HWs that dont fuck about making fights. Very refreshing.

Looking forward to seeing if AJ can solve the puzzle or if Usyk turns it up a notch further.

Indeed. A very rare thing in boxing today, especially HW boxing.

Torn on this again as I love both fighters. Difficult to see how Joshua wins this unless he can change his style, and be that aggressive pressure fighter. We know he’s a quick learner, but that’s not enough time imo. If he fights the same, the result will be the same.
If he can push usyk back and pressure him, I still think he’s the one most likely to get stopped, but that’s what he has to do.

can’t wait

Surely AJ has to try and bulldozer Usyk this time, trying to outbox him is up there with the dumbest game plans of all time.

Indeed. A very rare thing in boxing today, especially HW boxing.

Torn on this again as I love both fighters. Difficult to see how Joshua wins this unless he can change his style, and be that aggressive pressure fighter. We know he’s a quick learner, but that’s not enough time imo. If he fights the same, the result will be the same.
If he can push usyk back and pressure him, I still think he’s the one most likely to get stopped, but that’s what he has to do.

can’t wait
AJ needs to flip the killer switch and just go for it. Hes not winning a chess match. Force inside and let the hands fly.

i think if Joshua goes balls to the wall, he gets stopped

he need to box again, but go for the body early on, he had some success with it in the first fight, and for some reason abandoned it

All depends on how much the situation back home affects him on fight night. I hope Usyk wins and then calls Putin a murderous piece of garbage on live tv.

AJ needs to flip the killer switch and just go for it. Hes not winning a chess match. Force inside and let the hands fly.

He was getting some success going to the body in the middle rounds the first time around, then stopped unexpectedly. There is something to do better on that regard in the rematch.

Last edited:
i like both guys but i'll still be rooting for usyk, i want to see him put AJ away and then call out fury. if he managed to beat fury too, he'd have to go down as one of the greatest HWs ever.

as for this fight, i also expect him to actually stop joshua, or win an even wider decision. i think AJ will come in with some adjustments and probably try to rough him up some more, but usyk is very crafty and will only find his openings more often if he does that. let's not forget that it was usyk that wobbled joshua in the early rounds and was putting a beating on him in the closing seconds of the fight, AJ never really had usyk seriously hurt at any point.

He was getting some success going to the body in the middle rounds the first time around, then stopped unexpectedly. There is something to do better on that regard in the rematchW
That was interesting. I remember the live thread here going crazy when he abandoned it. Slowing Usyk down could do wonders for him if he can manage to do it

That was interesting. I remember the live thread here going crazy when he abandoned it. Slowing Usyk down could do wonders for him if he can manage to do it

I’m amazed by all these guys having success going to the body who drop it all of a sudden and pay the price. Yarde vs Kovalev, Joshua vs Usyk, Murata vs Golovkin come to mind.

I’ll go with Usyk UD. Either way, I really really hope the winner takes on Tyson Fury

Cool. Good fight last time and there's interest in seeing if AJ can get any impact from his adjustments and shift his strategy/aggression. And then if Usyk has answers of his own, he's a resourceful and skilfull fighter.

Usyk beats him again and I'm not a fan of rematches. Might stop him this time.

I’m amazed by all these guys having success going to the body who drop it all of a sudden and pay the price. Yarde vs Kovalev, Joshua vs Usyk, Murata vs Golovkin come to mind.
Even Wilder a bit at the beginning of Wilder Fury 3. I am no boxing genius, far from it. But my feeling is bodywork can be more cardio intensive unless you're an inside guy. So you drop it and focus on outside head stuff. But y'all can school me on that. Please do!

Back