Usyk beats Fury

If Fury is 6'7, than Usyk is 6'

It's not an easy fight for either guy, but I'd give the edge to Fury--he's more special, and harder to prepare for in training. You can't find a sparing partner that can even come close to emulating Fury, Usyk is far my typical.
I thought Fury was 6’9”

I agree, i don’t think it’s as easy as it sounds to just pressure, lean and make it a rough tough fight. His footwork is exceptional, far better than furys and so far ahead of wilders, so it’s not gonna be easy to just grab hold of usyk. He’s gonna have to work his way in or he’ll get caught coming in. He really did struggle with Cunningham as well, who’s no where near as slippery vas usyk.

I think it’s a closely balanced fight, fury will be favourite but I do favour usyk as well
Usyk is not gonna be there for Fury to lean on. Fury has a good gas tank at a certain pace. Usyk has a good gas tank at a higher pace.

I'm assuming Usyk's next fight will be AJ. And there's a possibility that after that one, he'll fight AJ.

Then, depending what Fury is up to at that point MAYBE they'll fight.

there’s a rematch clause, nothing more. If usyk beats Joshua and fury beats his mandatory then there’s nothing stopping them fighting

Usyk is not gonna be there for Fury to lean on. Fury has a good gas tank at a certain pace. Usyk has a good gas tank at a higher pace.

Indeed. He moves around like a MW, he’s not gonna be a stationary target at any point in the fight

Usyk makes you constantly work as well, even if you’re not getting many shots off. This fight really is intriguing. I knew the Joshua fight was a tough 1 to call but always thought fury would be a step to far. Not anymore. And it would be ironic if a blown up CW was the guy to beat all of these fuckin huge heavies.

Smothering and leaning on Usyk won't work. The height difference is too pronounced. Usyk is 6'2-6'3 while Fury is 6'7. Wilder is only an inch, inch and a half shorter than Fury so those roughhousing inside tactics were easier to leverage with the center of gravity. It would not be the case against Usyk.

Usyk has dissuaded much more murderous punchers than Fury like Gassiev from stalking him. Fury won't have an easy time doing it with Usyks footwork, angles and change of riddum. He's also southpaw and we saw Fury have struggles against Wallins southpaw style.
I disagree about the height not working for Fury. It will be even easier for Fury to lock up a headlock on Usyk due to their height difference. I don't believe Gassiev hits harder than Fury. Fury is 280lbs and when he sits down on his shots Usyk will feel it. What I would agree with is Usyk being hard to catch because of his footwork which is stellar but Fury moves well for such a big man. Fury was struggling against Wallin but I think that was as much to do with Fury underestimating Wallin (as many of us did if we are honest) as him being a southpaw.

why is everyone assuming Fury would want to make it physical and put Usyk on back foot like he did with Wilder. I can see Fury box, move around, feint and touch up Usyk as he brings his hands up.

why is everyone assuming Fury would want to make it physical and put Usyk on back foot like he did with Wilder. I can see Fury box, move around, feint and touch up Usyk as he brings his hands up.
Usyk can outbox Fury, I actually think he could make Fury look foolish in certain exchanges

I live in Morecambe, and still I don't see a way for Fury to win against Usyk. Fury doesn't have a terrible KO power (this is sometimes assumed because he's big but this is just not true), so he doesn't have a puncher's chance. While Fury is a good boxer, it's clear Usyk is a much better boxer. Similarly, while Fury has a very good gas tank, it's clear Usyk has a much better gas tank. Fury has a great quick flick jab a la Ali, but I can't believe Usyk won't find a way into the pocket past Fury's jab. The threat of "leaning on him" is just bollocks - if Fury really tries it then it's Usyk who'll win by KO.

As the time goes, you'll hear more and more excuses from Fury why it's a bad idea to make this fight, see e.g. here: https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/...YzAZVIT-fPbiITcr4jxu_IjGCu0Yz4BQQNVAjSvDNHSfk

Last edited:

he can do both, and win whether he boxes him or tries to overwhelm him. However, it doesn’t necessarily make sense to play usyk at his own game. Usyk is a better boxer than fury, with better feet and almost perfect balance, so it’s a dangerous game to play. The main advantage fury has against usyk (which separates him from the rest of the division) is he can do both, so he’s not tied down by a game plan that may not work

I have a feeling that Usyk would get mugged. Headlocks and uppercuts.

I would be super stoked to see this one, I would back Fury to win by maul dogging him but obviously could not rule out Usyk's speed and agility being too much.

I live in Morecambe, and still I don't see a way for Fury to win against Usyk

so by living in morecambe you can tell whether fury can beat usyk or not .. interesting lol

this thread probably sounds like what a pre fury wilder 1 thread sounded like .. everyone counting out fury and calling a wilder ko .. the big fat guy gets no respect .. fury will stop or outpoint usyk just like has done to everyone else .. too big too skilled, too slippery for a big guy and a chin that won't break .. this is all assuming he comes in shape and is fully focused of course .. all bets off if he comes in like oct 9 .. he wasn't in shape, wasn't all there(understandably because of his kid)

If Fury fights aggressive like he did vs Wilder in the last 2 fights, I think he beats Usyk.

so by living in morecambe you can tell whether fury can beat usyk or not .. interesting lol
Huh? Sure, let me break it down into smaller pieces: I live in Fury's hometown, Morecambe, where he's a bit of a local hero, everyone's rooting for him, and although the heart is full of hope for him, etc., I still don't see a way for him to beat Usyk.

I disagree about the height not working for Fury. It will be even easier for Fury to lock up a headlock on Usyk due to their height difference. I don't believe Gassiev hits harder than Fury. Fury is 280lbs and when he sits down on his shots Usyk will feel it. What I would agree with is Usyk being hard to catch because of his footwork which is stellar but Fury moves well for such a big man. Fury was struggling against Wallin but I think that was as much to do with Fury underestimating Wallin (as many of us did if we are honest) as him being a southpaw.
Arreola who sparred gassiev and fought Wilder says gassiev is the hardest puncher he's been in with. Said gassiev hit harder than wilder

Arreola who sparred gassiev and fought Wilder says gassiev is the hardest puncher he's been in with. Said gassiev hit harder than wilder
Didn't Wilder break his hand early in the Arreola fight?

Back