Usman won't ever get close to GSP's greatness if all he does is grant undeserved rematches.

Lack of discipline and taking care of kids at night broke Hendricks. He beat the piss outta GSP though.
Hendricks downfall was crazy. Foreclosed on his house (which he bought at his peak earning), lost his resteraunt, and is now doing community college classes in order to be a small town cop (aka the least popular job on the planet right now)

128423467_10104969016777781_3567766417792617157_n.jpg

Yup. It would appear that way.

Leon has graced the cage twice in a few months, hard to imagine him doing anything besides wait at this point.
Exactly, but if Dana offers him a fight with Mas or another top WW, and he refuses. Not sure he will get a title shot anytime soon

He already passed gsp/ gsp couldnt finish a fight for ten years and fought cans.... wake up you clown
Usman never tapped to strikes, quit after a tough fight, ran from USADA and never returned to fight an easy champ and quit again.

how fucking dumb do you have to be to not realize colby gave Usman one of his toughest fights.
Colby haters just show the the photo of Colby with a busted face, and him running, not walking or carried out, but running from the cage.

They forget the 4 rounds before the stoppage, or the fact Usman faked a nut shot, and the eye pokes looked suss. Im not a Colby or Usman dick rider. They are both great and need to run it back.
Colby stood up immediately after that stoppage and looked ok

Hendricks downfall was crazy. Foreclosed on his house (which he bought at his peak earning)

I know his restaurant was a punchline for many jokes here, but if he really lost his house that fucking sucks… Never heard that before. :(

OP is right, Usman should do the stanky leg all over the cage and then tap to strikes, a worthy rematch.

I know his restaurant was a punchline for many jokes here, but if he really lost his house that fucking sucks… Never heard that before. :(
He did, it was a 2 story house about half an hour south of Dallas (Midlothian). Now he's getting certifications to become a freaking cop (talking a downturn, world champion/argueably dethroning GSP to becoming a small city cop)

Also, why anyone thinks Colby is on a different level than, say, Koscheck or Hendricks is beyond me.

Masvidal and Woodley are also not categorially better than guys like Fitch, Condit, or Shields. The idea that the sport has moved forward is generally true, but WW is not at its peak right now.

At least Marty gets finishes over guys hes supposed to finish.

I'm in the minority but gsp is thee most overrated " 1st tier goat ".

A first tier goat- yes.
However, further down the goat ladder- yes.

Gsps army of worshippers need to put the FOREST ON THE BACK BURNER and pay attention to the trees-
The Franklin U, April of 2019.

He will rematch Colby now because of Nate's lucky punch and that will be the second undeserved rematch after that joke of a fight that was Usman vs Masvidal II
Colby only fought washed up has-beens. His best wins are senior citizen Maia, Useless Robbie Lawler and Jake Pauls future bitch Tyron Woodley.
His only legit title defense is against Gilbert Burns. Leon Edwards should be next and anyone who says anything different is delusional. After that there are Chiesa, Wonderboy and Luque. The current welterweight division is rather weak I must say especially when compared to GSP's era. Hard to build a legacy like GSP's on those names.

360 spinning back kick on every donk's head who thinks Usman is close to the GOAT

{<jordan}
Greatness of pro record? Who cares? Maybe Usman cares more about being a great fighter than having a great Wikipedia page.

Besides, it's ironic you mention rematches. GSP has zero title defense finishes that aren't rematches. Holding Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, Nick Diaz, and Carlos Condit down, and jabbing Koscheck and Shields to points? I'm not imprezzed. What Usman has done is far more impressive.

The sooner you fanboys accept that GSP is a pioneer and not a GOAT, the happier you'll be.

Why are GSP fans so damn insecure . I like GSP but alot you Mfers are fucking ridiculous. Usman already has more finishes as the champ than GSP in his entire run.

Yeah, but how many finishes against a champion in a weightclass above his own?

GSP's level is a wet blanket. Usman is beyond that level as he is at least finishing guys (though be it LW's).

Colby would still deserve the shot more even if Leon won round 5 clean n safely.

should come down to who is perceived as having the best chance of winning. Rack up as many padded record wins ina row as you want and it shouldn’t count for much.

People duckin leon for years ontop of his bad luck rona layoff is pretty shitty tho. That seems to be over for now but so far what’s the highest rank he’s beaten and when?

Last edited:
Rematches tend to happen when one champ cleans out the division.

Back