1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Usman won't ever get close to GSP's greatness if all he does is grant undeserved rematches.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by OldFashion, Jun 14, 2021.

1. OldFashion Purple Belt

He will rematch Colby now because of Nate's lucky punch and that will be the second undeserved rematch after that joke of a fight that was Usman vs Masvidal II
    Colby only fought washed up has-beens. His best wins are senior citizen Maia, Useless Robbie Lawler and Jake Pauls future bitch Tyron Woodley.
    His only legit title defense is against Gilbert Burns. Leon Edwards should be next and anyone who says anything different is delusional. After that there are Chiesa, Wonderboy and Luque. The current welterweight division is rather weak I must say especially when compared to GSP's era. Hard to build a legacy like GSP's on those names.

360 spinning back kick on every donk's head who thinks Usman is close to the GOAT

{<jordan}

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    jitzmonkey likes this.
  2. JJCc Banned Banned

Most of those guys are leagues above the mma fighters in the past that GSP has faced.

3. Andrew06 Brown Belt

and leon edwards has beat....? nate?

4. ShowYouRoll Banned Banned

Let me guess, Usman is ducking Leon, cause Leon is the uncrowned king of the WW division?

I cant wait to see Leon fight a top WW

FuriousG and jitzmonkey like this.
  5. Herwald Red Belt

Shut up!

You'll ruin the Masvidal trilogy.

6. OldFashion Purple Belt

Most of those guys? Lmao Robbie Lawler and Demian Maia ARE from GSP's era you goof and you could argue that Woodley is too though he was in Strikeforce at that point.

7. ShowYouRoll Banned Banned

He is on a big win streak apparently, cant remember who he has actually beaten, clearly no one of any significance anyway.

jitzmonkey likes this.
  8. OldFashion Purple Belt

That's because current welterweight sucks, which I mentioned in the OP. Look at the rankings. He still deserves it more than Masvidal and Colby. At least he is a different style matchup. Can't build a legacy by beating up the same 2 guys for years

jjresq and Bubba Kid like this.
  9. Reapzz Green Belt

Hendricks beat GSP into retirement.

10. BenjaminDuffy Mayor of Memory Lane Staff Member Sherdog.com Staff

It's OK. Usman will ascend to No. 1 as soon as Dan Hardy knocks out GSP. I'm assured that all he has to do is touch St. Pierre's chin once.

PokerandMMA, Zebra Cheeks and Kaynan like this.
  11. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

Why are GSP fans so damn insecure . I like GSP but alot you Mfers are fucking ridiculous. Usman already has more finishes as the champ than GSP in his entire run.

12. OldFashion Purple Belt

Lmao GSP took Hendricks soul, who was never the same after GSP beat him and lost to almost everyone after that. GSP retired rich as a legend and came back 4 years after that and took the MW belt. Stay mad.
    <36>

13. Striker Fox Brown Belt

Colby is Usman's best win, and I'd pick prime Hendricks and Shields to beat him

90 50 and bigmacbub like this.
  14. OldFashion Purple Belt

prime Koscheck would beat Colby's ass too

Striker Fox, 90 50, FuriousG and 3 others like this.
  15. ShowYouRoll Banned Banned

And USADA was coming

TheSpider, Reapzz and AerialPingPong like this.
  16. pseto223 Blue Belt

Masvidal indeed was granted an undeserved rematch, but on the other hand Usman is a quite active champ. I'll take that. It's better to see the champ fighing 2-3 times a year, even if some fights are not great matchmaking, contrary to fighting once per year or less.

Colby is the only fighter as of recent who gave Usman trouble and the fight was 2:2 in two scorecards coming into the fifth. Although he wasn't active and beating Woodley doesn't mean a lot nowadays, I still think he is the best contender. Maybe Wonderboy next (if he keeps on winning).

K1 Usman breaks Leon Edwards' bum chin. I mean how does Edwards win? He can't outwrestle Usman and sure as hell won't outstrike him. Usman has good chin and insane recovery + good power when he sits on his punches. Edwards couldn't do nutthin to Nate and was nearly put out in the fifth.

17. Fioretti Beef

GSP had 9 fights against 4 guys, girls. Two of those guys (4 fights) were from the LW division, and were unranked at WW.

Stop your pretend time fantasy bullshit.

18. Sad Dad Brown Belt

Well edwards is a rematch too lol. The only other guy right now is wonderboy if he beats burns.

19. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

At his activity Rate Usman will get more fights against the WW top ten before the other Champs cycle through guys in and out the top 5 in their divisions.

20. TheMessiah Black Belt

Prime GSP got sent into the shadow realm by 5'4" LW Matt "Journeyman" Serra and retired by Big "Pigg" Rigg