Usman vs Whittaker

• Thread starter Deleted member 583968
  • Start date
Usman worst matchup at mw. Bobby gets the finish and stuffs the td attempts.

>Fighting grown men

>Omitting that the average age of his MW opponents is 40

I’m not interested in hearing any excuses for Whits losses and failure in a much deeper WW talent pool. You need to come to grips with the fact that these days he’s nothing more than a chinny striker with a nice scramble and nothing else... VERY limited. He’s declining while Usman is getting better, you can’t deny that.

His ONLY legit young opponents at MW he’s looked terrible against, got his jaw cracked by Adesanya and struggled against against a one legged Till who also put him on skates.
Lol usman fighting journeyman lightweights, works both ways Twinky

Bobby is just about the worst style matchup possible for Usman. Easy TKO

Wrong gif pal. I just exposed you for an idiot.

>Imagine being so sensitive enough to go on a Wikipedia quest

Obviously you’re too triggered and desperate to not realize that I was being facetious in making fun of Whits biggest “wins” at WW.

You’re obviously some little triggered kid who’s never trained a day in his life trying to put Usman down. I gave you TECHNICAL reasons why I believe Usman would win, you’ve provided nothing but gone on Wikipedia and lash out with insults because I hurt your feelings stating Usman is a superior fighter.

<36>

>Imagine being so sensitive enough to go on a Wikipedia quest

Obviously you’re too triggered and desperate to not realize that I was being facetious in making fun of Whits biggest “wins” at WW.

You’re obviously some little triggered kid who’s never trained a day in his life trying to put Usman down. I gave you TECHNICAL reasons why I believe Usman would win, you’ve provided nothing but gone on Wikipedia and lash out with insults because I hurt your feelings stating Usman is a superior fighter.

<36>
No. Everyone can see you are an idiot now. I had the courtesy to verify your claims and it turns out your words carry no weight. No gifs can save you now.

Lol usman fighting journeyman lightweights, works both ways Twinky

I remember the last time Whit tried fighting current WW “journeymen”

103bebb13afe034904cf3add01615eec.gif

Burns looked phenomenal at WW prior to running into Usman, he’s also one of the FEW fighters on the roster that negates Usmans biggest advantage: wrestling. In the end Usman adapted and knocked him out while passing his guard which as a casual you wouldn’t even comprehend how impressive that is.

Burns? wtf?

He beat Nelson who isn't that great, Maia, who is way past it, and then Woodley, who gets beaten by just about anyone these days.

And Burns having good BJJ doesn't mean he can negate Usman's wrestling. If anything, it's the other way around. Burns hasn't really proven to be a great wrestler anyway.

*Both fighters* win *this fight* in their respective weight classes.

No. Everyone can see you are an idiot now. I had the courtesy to verify your claims and it turns out your words carry no weight. No gifs can save you now.

You got exposed lol, you made a thinly veiled Usman hate thread and were triggered into spending time on Wiki like your life depended on it lol

<WhatItIs>

Burns looked phenomenal at WW prior to running into Usman, he’s also one of the FEW fighters on the roster that negates Usmans biggest advantage: wrestling. In the end Usman adapted and knocked him out while passing his guard which as a casual you wouldn’t even comprehend how impressive that is.
Burns looked phenomenal beating up couple of old guys? That's your glorious argument?
Also lol @ you putting down Masvidal when he’s the reason Whit even fought Till, got sent packing after that brutal KO while Whit got his chinny jaw cracked yet again and resorted to panic wrestling a one legged WW flunkie Till to hold on for a close decision.
Till beat Mas. Which Whittaker also did. But differently. And you can't make comparisons because...
That’s a silly MMAth comparison. Styles make fights
And, lastly...
Usman has been dominant, Whit has been a punching bag these past couple of years.

LightheartedHighBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

LOL:

View attachment 847498
Whittaker is 11-1 since that Wonderboy fight in 2014. What couple of years are you on about? And how is losing to two guys Usman's ducking supposed to make Whittaker look worse? To be fair, as we just found out, Izzy and Wonderboy are not washed up enough for Usman. Also this:
... tbh I’d have no problem picking Romero against Usman.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Burns? wtf?

He beat Nelson who isn't that great, Maia, who is way past it, and then Woodley, who gets beaten by just about anyone these days.

And Burns having good BJJ doesn't mean he can negate Usman's wrestling. If anything, it's the other way around. Burns hasn't really proven to be a great wrestler anyway.

Lol what in the world are you talking about, with the exception of Usman he’s taken down everyone he’s attempted takedowns on at WW... both Gunnar and Woodley were easily taken down by him.

The problem with Burns is realizing he packs serious power in his hands and developing comfort in striking. I’ve said time and time again that Hooft is one of the best striking coaches in the sport, without him to keep Burns in check he got overzealous hunting the KO leading him to be outstruck and eventually knocked out by Usman.

Whittaker's wrestling is too good for Usman to hold him down and he's the superior striking. Bad fight for Usman.

Usman breaks Whit with ease.

Only casuals who’ve never trained and solely root for “nice guys” would pick Whit, they can’t possibly comprehend the different level Usman is on. Whit is fighting 40 year olds and another WW Flunkie in Till (whom he struggled against). This is the same guy who got EASILY outwrestled by Court friggin McGee at WW... he’d get broken and finished from full mount late in the fight.

There’s a big difference in grappling skill and outside of a hyper scrambling game he gets away with against 40 year olds, there’s not much substance to Whits grappling. Usman would exploit that.

Lol noob. Whittaker has made massive improvements in his wrestling compared to his early career. He actively competes in freestyle and has won championships.

Back