Usman vs Whittaker

• Thread starter Deleted member 583968
  • Start date
>Competes in freestyle

In the “Commonwealth games”? I.e. not even HS level wrestling here in the states LOL

You’re talking to a grappling connoisseur sir... you’re either being disingenuous or obviously have no idea what you’re talking about to even mention that insult to anyone’s wrestling knowledge.

MISS ME WITH THAT FAKE NEWS.

<36>
Grappling connoisseur is it? Clearly you don't know much about striking given you said Whittaker was ducking Cannonier and would get destroyed by him. I get you hate Aussies because you got cucked by one but jeez you're letting your hatred blind you.

Grown ass men are men who weigh a normal weight and are of normal stature. But you keep pushing for this angle, so who are the old men Knuckles has fought - Homero and Jacare? Ok, Yoel's an old guy - a genetic specimen and an olympian, but sure. Jacare was 36 when they fought in 2017, same age Jorge will be in this goofy rematch. Who else? Oh wait. 36 year old Mas about to have his 50th fight. 36 year old, surgery riddled arthritis T-Wood. And ancient Maia, the legit 40 year old welterweight. If anyone's beating up old people between these two - it's Usman.

Then what? Can't excuse Whittaker's losses from his proto days? Dude's 3 years younger than Usman, fought those guys as a kid. But he gets no benefit of the doubt for improvement? You're telling me he hasn't improved despite, clearly, being a better version now than he's ever been?

And his chin's cracked cause he got flashbanged by Izzy? Usman just got wobbled by a flunkie LW, dude. You must've missed that.

None of your arguments hold up.
I can't believe he actually is making that argument that Usman could get Whittaker down. I get his point about Whittaker's scrambling, we haven't seen him off his back in a locked down position, but come on, if Romero tried like 16 times to get Whittaker down, how the hell will Usman do it? Push him up against the cage? That works on 5'9 WW's, it won't work against 206 pound rehydrated Rob.

Usman breaks Whit with ease.

Only casuals who’ve never trained and solely root for “nice guys” would pick Whit, they can’t possibly comprehend the different level Usman is on. Whit is fighting 40 year olds and another WW Flunkie in Till (whom he struggled against). This is the same guy who got EASILY outwrestled by Court friggin McGee at WW... he’d get broken and finished from full mount late in the fight.

There’s a big difference in grappling skill and outside of a hyper scrambling game he gets away with against 40 year olds, there’s not much substance to Whits grappling. Usman would exploit that.

Are you saying Court Mcgee is a better grappler than Jacare and Yoel?

>Fighting grown men

>Omitting that the average age of his MW opponents is 40

I’m not interested in hearing any excuses for Whits losses and failure in a much deeper WW talent pool. You need to come to grips with the fact that these days he’s nothing more than a chinny striker with a nice scramble and nothing else... VERY limited. He’s declining while Usman is getting better, you can’t deny that.

His ONLY legit young opponents at MW he’s looked terrible against, got his jaw cracked by Adesanya and struggled against against a one legged Till who also put him on skates.
The average is actually 32.5 lol, your premise is factually incorrect.

Usman breaks Whit with ease.

Only casuals who’ve never trained and solely root for “nice guys” would pick Whit, they can’t possibly comprehend the different level Usman is on. Whit is fighting 40 year olds and another WW Flunkie in Till (whom he struggled against). This is the same guy who got EASILY outwrestled by Court friggin McGee at WW... he’d get broken and finished from full mount late in the fight.

There’s a big difference in grappling skill and outside of a hyper scrambling game he gets away with against 40 year olds, there’s not much substance to Whits grappling. Usman would exploit that.
Lol Romero isn't the typical 40 year old he's a freak of nature and ATG in wrestling. Whittaker easily escapes Usman's attempts to cuddle and KOs him with the right high kick.

Romero is an ATG freestyle wrestling and Whittaker still defended his takedowns.

q534nzbc3s211.gif

Whittaker is every grappler's worst nightmare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back