Rumored Usman vs Burns, Masvidal vs Diaz 2.

As others have said, the Masvidal-Diaz rematch is pointless.

If Usman wins, Edwards should be next in line (what's his status?).

Considering we were robbed of 4th and 5th round first time around, this actually sounds good.

boy.

I guess I'll just say it. Nate hasn't looked good in years imo.

I thought he was terrible in both the Pettis (even though he won which says a lot about Pettis) and Mas fights.

I get he's a big star but I wonder if he or his team is aware of his last fights and how bad he has looked
Agreed. He’s just looked slow and super sloppy, almost like he’s intoxicated. There’s something off about the way he moves, even when he’s fresh, that I can’t quite figure out.

A little disappointed they’re running the nate vs masvidal fight back. At the end of the day I’ll still enjoy the shit out of it, but it definitely doesn’t have the appeal to me it did the first time. They better not do it in NY again

I have a hard time seeing Mas and Nate accept a co main at this rate

Usman is making bank. He doesn't need to be a draw himself, if he fights against draws or if a draw fighting on his cards that he headlines he gets some nice cash.

I really want a grudge match between Edwards and Masvidal. Diaz got murked for 3 rounds.
The UFC should make Masvidal/Edwards but unfortunately Leon is not a money fight so Masvidal is looking for money fight and Nate is a money fight but he already beat Nate so what is the point of the rematch ?

I love Diaz, but why?! Why???
<{vega}>
<Neil01>

I really want a grudge match between Edwards and Masvidal. Diaz got murked for 3 rounds.

That would be so much better.

I know the UFC doesn’t care about this because he’s not fighting regularly anyway, but Diaz will lose relevance if he keeps getting beat up. He could still potentially headline a fun card against Ferguson or another ranked 155er, but nobody is going to remain interested if he’s done nothing but be a punching bag for several years. Nate may not care either I guess.

I am down with mas vs diaz 2

The UFC should make Masvidal/Edwards but unfortunately Leon is not a money fight so Masvidal is looking for money fight and Nate is a money fight but he already beat Nate so what is the point of the rematch ?

It would be interesting to know how much worse Usman-Burns + Jorge-Leon would sell than Usman-Burns + Jorge-Nate at this point, and how much money that would translate to for Jorge.

There’s the big picture to consider too. If Jorge beats Nate again, will anyone care and will that do anything in terms of securing or building up his next big fight?

I guess from Jorge’s POV it’s one of the few fights he can take with very little downside, which will allow him to get paid and maybe keep the door open for a McGregor fight. . Covington would be a bigger fight IMO but he might lose. He might lose to Edwards too. And you have to wonder how much his stock would drop after a second loss. He rocketed to fame pretty quickly after spending a long time being pretty irrelevant. His star power was built very quickly on two flashy KO’s and the 3-piece and a soda situation. Lose a boring decision to the 3-piece guy and you could see his drawing power drop off considerably.

Masvidal will do anything to avoid real contenders. He knows Edwards and Covington would both ruin his whole gimmick for good.
Yup. He's trying to make as much as he can while he's hot. He knows that getting destroyed by those guys will end his hype and stop the high pay.

I am down. I dont mind watching Nate getting worked again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back