Rumored Usman vs Burns, Masvidal vs Diaz 2.

Not sure what the whining is about (sherdog gonna sherdog) but Jorge said from day 1 he was going to give nate a rematch because of the way the first fight ended

Nate is mediocre. Why is jorge on his bullshit again man. I'd rather see him fight fucking chiesa if he's looking for an easier fight or something like that. Because this is fuckery. Why would they push that fight again. It was shit then and it's still shit now. They're totally different leagues. Jorge excels at everything. Nate is only good at jiu jitsu and the clinch , sucks at wrestling, no kicks, passable boxing and you're telling me that they're somehow competitive? FOH. Jorge vs Chiesa or pettis or some shit. Something fresh. I'd say robbie but he's not looking too good.

More bad booking from the UFC. just forcing these rematches on the fans.

stop buying ppvs like I did long ago and maybe they’ll change.

That would be so much better.

I know the UFC doesn’t care about this because he’s not fighting regularly anyway, but Diaz will lose relevance if he keeps getting beat up. He could still potentially headline a fun card against Ferguson or another ranked 155er, but nobody is going to remain interested if he’s done nothing but be a punching bag for several years. Nate may not care either I guess.
He hasn't been a punching bag though..he beat Johnson then conor then lost a razor thin decision to conor and took 3 years off came back beat Pettis then lost to Masvidal. How is that being a punching bag?

I have really no interest in Masvidal vs Nate rematch, the first fight was so dominate, it would have been like 30-25 if it was 3 rounds and finished right then

How come M'as doesn't fight top contenders like Edward or even Thompson ? Colby is booked with Tyron but Leon and Stephen are available...

How come M'as doesn't fight top contenders like Edward or even Thompson ? Colby is booked with Tyron but Leon and Stephen are available...
Put yourself in Masvidal's shoes. He can make bank beating a guy he beat the shit out of already the last time they fought. Hell yeah he's giving Diaz a rematch.

Can't complain. But yeah, no way both Nate and Jorge would want this as a co main.

Happy Mas and Nate are getting a good payday but I’m not thrilled with the fight itself. Oh well.

I have really no interest in Masvidal vs Nate rematch, the first fight was so dominate, it would have been like 30-25 if it was 3 rounds and finished right then
Somehow I missed this thread completely...

well I like watching Masvidal fight, so I'm up for it but.... yes... I cannot see this fight going any other way but more or less a repeat of the first fight.

I just think Jorge is too powerful and too varied in his striking attack for Nate Diaz. I'm guessing UFC are throwing a boatload of money at them both cos neither of them will fight cheap that's for sure.

Somehow I missed this thread completely...

well I like watching Masvidal fight, so I'm up for it but.... yes... I cannot see this fight going any other way but more or less a repeat of the first fight.

I just think Jorge is too powerful and too varied in his striking attack for Nate Diaz. I'm guessing UFC are throwing a boatload of money at them both cos neither of them will fight cheap that's for sure.
True, and Nate bleeds to death after a few jabs. I have really no interest in it again.. Nate needs a gassy guy to fight or is just a punching bag. Masvidal vs Edwards was the fight to make, a lot of beef and a fresh matchup

Leon and WB are rumored to fight in November so the UFC give Masvidal the rematch against Nate

McGregor is not a more technical striker than masvidal is.

McGregor has a left hand and some flashy spinning kicks to Mask the left hand.

Masvidal has better angles, footwork, power, he clinches better, elbows better, knees better. Conor has a nice toe Stab front kick but masvidal has a gnarly roundhouse to the body.

Go watch the till vs masvidal finish. Watch jorges footwork and then come back and tell me that conor is a more technical striker. Based on what? Knocking out Aldo?

Keep in mind McGregor got choked out the first time he fought nate and then eeked out a majority decision in the rematch.

Masvidal ran nate over bell to bell.

Being more technical and Jorge getting dropped every second fight

McGregor is not a more technical striker than masvidal is.

McGregor has a left hand and some flashy spinning kicks to Mask the left hand.

Masvidal has better angles, footwork, power, he clinches better, elbows better, knees better. Conor has a nice toe Stab front kick but masvidal has a gnarly roundhouse to the body.

Go watch the till vs masvidal finish. Watch jorges footwork and then come back and tell me that conor is a more technical striker. Based on what? Knocking out Aldo?

Keep in mind McGregor got choked out the first time he fought nate and then eeked out a majority decision in the rematch.

Masvidal ran nate over bell to bell.
Till got way too overconfident and thought he could knock out Jorge easily when he dropped him. Also Jorge was slowing down in the Nate fight before the doctor stoppage. Conor dropped Nate 5 times and then slowed down. Also power? How many decision has Jorge had?

True, and Nate bleeds to death after a few jabs. I have really no interest in it again.. Nate needs a gassy guy to fight or is just a punching bag. Masvidal vs Edwards was the fight to make, a lot of beef and a fresh matchup
I think that Masvidal will, (after the Nate II fight) fight the winner of Wonderboy and Edwards.
Pretty sure that's the UFC's plan and a big part of why they matched up Wonderboy and Edwards.

When interviewed by Helwani about a few days after he got back to Florida after his loss to Usman, Masvidal did say that 2 future fights he wanted was Nate DIaz and Stephen Thompson. Diaz cos I think to him he feels like it's relatively easy fight, and already won it before. And Thompson because he lost to Wonderboy in Nov 2017 and he said he would like to run that back again.

To me, the UFC are basically giving Masvidal the opponents he wants because the PPV numbers and the Embedded video numbers show that Masvidal was a huge part of the success of UFC251, and so my take is that UFC are just giving him who he wants as the net $$$ benefit to the UFC is big. So UFC prob got their checkbook out for Nate Diaz (who doesn't really NEED the money now anymore).

I think both Wonderboy vs Edwards will be officially confirmed v soon, and also Masvidal vs Nate soon as well.

Back