Usman - Completely changed the way I look at him

Oh man.
it took me this long to understand when people say it's not a real sport. Gamrot was a better fight but Volk will sell more PPVs.
Its not a real sport? Is boxing a real sport then? is it only UFC that try to make money fights?

Its not a real sport? Is boxing a real sport then? is it only UFC that try to make money fights?
I was just imagining the NFL not allowing a conference champion in the Superbowl because a different team would get better ratings.

I was just imagining the NFL not allowing a conference champion in the Superbowl because a different team would get better ratings.
Prize fighting cannot,and never will be promoted like normal sports.

In the end this is about making the biggest fights for the most money.

Of course it is a sport,but it is done in a different way. IFL's corpse can tell you that it cant be done like the NFL.

I never had anything against Usman, at one point I thought he might've eclipsed GSP as being the best WW of all time. The Edwards losses have put pay to that idea though, but huge props to him for taking this one.

I never respected this guy highly, but mad respects to Usman for taking this fight against a young hungry animal in Chimaev.

He has to perform Saturday for me to give him credit. I've seen to many times in my years watching MMA where a guy will accept a short notice fight just to collect a check.

He has to perform Saturday for me to give him credit. I've seen to many times in my years watching MMA where a guy will accept a short notice fight just to collect a check.
You really think Usman wants to fly to abu dhabi just to lose 3 in a row,and pass up a title shot at 185? lol

You really think Usman wants to fly to abu dhabi just to lose 3 in a row,and pass up a title shot at 185? lol

Obviously he doesn't want to lose but it's possible he's not in fighting shape and shouldn't of taken the fight. Usually when that's the case guys try to win until they face adversity and than they will look for a way out. I am not accusing him, I am very hopeful he comes ready and we see a great fight.

Reactions: HHJ
Most fighters don’t take short notice bouts because they are not very professional when it comes to being in shape year around & most fighters at the top have the intelligence to know that it takes a proper training to defeat someone who is the best in the world.

Respect to Usman for taking the fight on short notice against a beast. Extra respect to Usman for not bringing up the fact that this is short notice at every chance. No excuses from Usman.

He's gonna get steamrolled but still... mad respect Usman.

Usman is almost done and he knows it.

Dana had to save the card and offered him a bag full of cash that he could not refuse.

I just wanted to take a minute to recognize and appreciate what this guy is doing this weekend.

Taking this fight against Borz is super bad ass. I never thought Usman was a 'fake' fighter, or anything - I just always saw him more as an 'athlete' than a 'fighter'. Will pretty much fight anyone, but will only take calculated risks and a technical fighter who doesn't produce knock-down, drag-out brawls. I know.. colby fights. but, still.

Taking this fight, on 12 days, at this point in his career - Usman has all my respect and adulation. This bumps him up on my all-time list and I truly see him as a fighter's fighter now.

"Fighters fight" - thank you and good luck Marty... I really hope you don't get smeshed!
First time I am cheering for him in...ever.

His choice to let that trashcan of a manager take care of his social media.
def agree with that. usman's true character doesn't really blend with Ali and his bullshit

I have a lot of respect for Usman, but I just don't see this going well for him. Even if his knee isn't injured, he's on the way out and Khamzat is on the way in. Very tough fight for Usman.

If Usman would just talk normal and not whisper all the time like he was telling you some top secret info, I'd like him more. I do respect what he's doing though, how could you not.

Back