Usman - Completely changed the way I look at him

People talk as if besting Khamzat is a feather in their cap, he hasn’t even beaten anyone noteworthy lol.
Beating Khamzat is a big deal. It doesnt matter what his record is,he is percieved as one of the most dangerous guys out there because some people have actually watched his fights and not just look at wikipedia.

Usman in this phase of his career as a hungry contender is a fun Usman to watch. I rooted for him during Usman/Edwards 3 there was something about his energy in the lead up.

I will continue to root for him in his quest back.

It’s his last huge payday and he has a short notice excuse. Many other guys wanted the fight too for the money. The guy was a cocky arrogant POS until he got humbled. He completely changed his entire personality since he lost.

I'm simply talking about that particular reason mentioned by the person I replied to.

Usman and Volk should be respected for even showing up. This shit is fuckin crazy to take high level fights like this on such short notice,esp poor Volk whose got to go 5 fuckin rounds. And flying halfway around the world to boot. Respect

Beating Khamzat is a big deal. It doesnt matter what his record is,he is percieved as one of the most dangerous guys out there because some people have actually watched his fights and not just look at wikipedia.
I’ve watched his fights lol, he’s not a once in a lifetime fighter if that’s what you’re trying to say.

Usman said he's been eying this fight and it was inevitable. I think he sees it as an easy way to the title. Khamzat hasn't faced a wrestler yet nor one with good power. People keep bringing up the knees but his knees have been shot his entire UFC run and he went 10 years undefeated.

It's a risk but it seems to be calculated with a big pay off. I think the Burns fight played a big role in his decision.

Reactions: JKS
i agree - def a nice bump in pay and that may make the decision a little easier, but i think everyone throws the "built-in excuses" argument around too much. u really think what excuses he may or may not have after the fight IF he loses, guides his decision to take the fight? you stay ready so you dont gotta get ready. thats how champions roll

There’s no real risk, Usman can just give up a sub at any time

You really don't get the hype?

Whether or not he'll live up to it is another thing, but you really can't see why he has the hype?

not the hype that he's champion material. he did real good in his initial jump into UFC but after COVID dude turned into a diva and has 1 good win, Gilbert Burns that was at WW. the fact that he could get a title shot at MW after KOing GM3 years ago and beating a short notice WW is ridiculous. but UFC gon UFC.

not the hype that he's champion material. he did real good in his initial jump into UFC but after COVID dude turned into a diva and has 1 good win, Gilbert Burns that was at WW. the fact that he could get a title shot at MW after KOing GM3 years ago and beating a short notice WW is ridiculous. but UFC gon UFC.

I agree that it's ridiculous that he'll get a title shot, but that's two different things.

I agree that it's ridiculous that he'll get a title shot, but that's two different things.

isn't that what the hype is about? when he first burst onto the scene people were saying he'd beat Pereira, Adesanya, Usman, Leon, Colby. people were saying he had a chance to be a 2 division champion. there has been A LOT of this kind of hype around him since he came to UFC. if you mean hype that he's just a good fighter, i think that's not hype that's already been proven when he beat Burns.

Considering Usman is pushing almost 37 and having just lost the belt, this is a calculated risk. He gets a crack at another title with a win over Khamzat.

The alternative is him fighting another contender and hoping to get another tilte shot at 170, which may or may not come anytime soon. Time isn't on his side anymore

Yeah, I can't stop looking at those pecks at 185 either

I concur : drool: he is looking FIT! And for your grate poast u just won yerself a music video from the FABULOUS MISS MESS HERSELF! I’m speaking of course about MS. DIVINE:cool:

i rooted against him during the second Colby fight but dude he's so awesome. one of my all time favorites i mean he just puts you on the cage and you gas out its wild the effect he has on guys

I'm conflicted. I respect it but also I know gsp wouldn't have taken risks like this with his legacy. Though I guess kamaru is a little forced to.
Usman is coming off two loses and this fight has more reward than risks imo, great pay of course, at another division and short notice so built in excuse already there, if he wins he gets to derail one of the hottest contenders in the UFC and most likely skips the line at MW.

A reigning champ wouldnt take this, no one.

A lot of cliche talk from Usman, Volk, and all their coaches. Its going to be so bad that I predict it will catch high echelon fighters' eyes and make them take pause on a short notice fight. A lot of short notice fights involve a fighter just signed to fill an open spot. That is a way in to the UFC. Another short notice is you either just had a fight or you're already preparing for one. Neither Usman nor Volk fit any of that criteria.
They are going to lose and badly.
I'm looking forward to Dana getting post event questions about whether he regrets making those replacement fights. He's going to be pissed.

Back