Usman - Completely changed the way I look at him

dcthegod

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a minute to recognize and appreciate what this guy is doing this weekend.

Taking this fight against Borz is super bad ass. I never thought Usman was a 'fake' fighter, or anything - I just always saw him more as an 'athlete' than a 'fighter'. Will pretty much fight anyone, but will only take calculated risks and a technical fighter who doesn't produce knock-down, drag-out brawls. I know.. colby fights. but, still.

Taking this fight, on 12 days, at this point in his career - Usman has all my respect and adulation. This bumps him up on my all-time list and I truly see him as a fighter's fighter now.

"Fighters fight" - thank you and good luck Marty... I really hope you don't get smeshed!

I'm conflicted. I respect it but also I know gsp wouldn't have taken risks like this with his legacy. Though I guess kamaru is a little forced to.

Money talks he seems to be not the fighter he once was. So this could be his last biggest pay day.

Just going off of this, that would make it a respectable thing to do then.

High risk, low reward (according to you).
I just don’t understand the hype behind Khamzat, is it because he’s 12-0? Or he “kills” his opponents? Sure he’s explosive but his gas tank hasn’t been tested yet, for all we know he could gas as quick as Conor lol.

I just don’t understand the hype behind Khamzat, is it because he’s 12-0? Or he “kills” his opponents? Sure he’s explosive but his gas tank hasn’t been tested yet, for all we know he could gas as quick as Conor lol.

You really don't get the hype?

Whether or not he'll live up to it is another thing, but you really can't see why he has the hype?

This fight only helps his legacy.

Short notice at 185 against Khamzat is low risk high reward.

Because no one fights like him.

Explosive would be an understatement.

The intensity he brings to the Octagon is second to none and he goes in there to fight, not hug it out before each round.

Smesh or be smeshed bruddah.

I just wanted to take a minute to recognize and appreciate what this guy is doing this weekend.

Taking this fight against Borz is super bad ass. I never thought Usman was a 'fake' fighter, or anything - I just always saw him more as an 'athlete' than a 'fighter'. Will pretty much fight anyone, but will only take calculated risks and a technical fighter who doesn't produce knock-down, drag-out brawls. I know.. colby fights. but, still.

Taking this fight, on 12 days, at this point in his career - Usman has all my respect and adulation. This bumps him up on my all-time list and I truly see him as a fighter's fighter now.

"Fighters fight" - thank you and good luck Marty... I really hope you don't get smeshed!
He’s just seeing this fight as a payday. It’s likely the last huge payday he’ll ever get again. He also will have a built in excuse that it was short notice even though it doesn’t matter

UFC must have paid him a LARGE amount for this.
Both Volkla and Usman must have had very enticing paychecks for this weekend.

But I give them both big credit because if they both lose then it will hurt their legacy a bit for sure.

Volka ain't gonna get another shot at Makhachev if he goes 0-2 and Usman I think MIGHT retire in the Octagon if he loses this fight on Sat. I think .....perhaps....Usman is taking one final large payday before pulling the plug. Losing to Leon Edwards twice....and then going up to MW and losing to Chimaev might well be the final nail in the coffin. Because then there are no easy fast routes back to any title and I think he quits permanently in the event of a L to Chimaev.

So.... if Usman retires in the cage if he loses.... well....it won't surprise me hugely. If he WINS then....likely an immediate 185lb title-shot against Strickland and, frankly, a probable victory against Sean.

If anything, that would make it even more respectable.

And Marty was not forced to.
It’s his last huge payday and he has a short notice excuse. Many other guys wanted the fight too for the money. The guy was a cocky arrogant POS until he got humbled. He completely changed his entire personality since he lost.

I'm conflicted. I respect it but also I know gsp wouldn't have taken risks like this with his legacy. Though I guess kamaru is a little forced to.
GSP was the champion. He wasnt in Usman's position. You would have to beat GSP to put him in this position.

This Volk trash talk is making people just make up these hypotheticals,and its funny to me.

Back