Usman - Completely changed the way I look at him

usman is a normal dude when he's on the joe rogan podcasts, i actually liked him there. but when he's trying to sell the fight (before this one), he comes off as fake, and him acting like he didn't even know who ben askren was, was pretty lame. he's turned the corner tho in fan perception, and its pretty cool seeing everyone cheering usman before he fights the new boogeyman. its admirable, respectable, and what he has lost in the championship belt, he gains in fan appreciation. WAR USMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS FUCKING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loses 2 in a row, doesn't bitch and moan about it, then goes up a weight class to take a short fight notice against one of most dangerous guys in the UFC. Balls of steel, and definitely not a guy who would ask for an easy fight like Diego in Dublin.

Last edited:
A lot of cliche talk from Usman, Volk, and all their coaches. Its going to be so bad that I predict it will catch high echelon fighters' eyes and make them take pause on a short notice fight. A lot of short notice fights involve a fighter just signed to fill an open spot. That is a way in to the UFC. Another short notice is you either just had a fight or you're already preparing for one. Neither Usman nor Volk fit any of that criteria.
They are going to lose and badly.
I'm looking forward to Dana getting post event questions about whether he regrets making those replacement fights. He's going to be pissed.
lol this too. these short notice fights never live up, it's always a complete annihilation. if there's one guy who can do it, youd't think it would be volk though. but let's be real, they've got about a round to figure out a full fight camp monster before their lack of conditoning, strength, and timing is exposed on the world stage.

I just wanted to take a minute to recognize and appreciate what this guy is doing this weekend.

Taking this fight against Borz is super bad ass. I never thought Usman was a 'fake' fighter, or anything - I just always saw him more as an 'athlete' than a 'fighter'. Will pretty much fight anyone, but will only take calculated risks and a technical fighter who doesn't produce knock-down, drag-out brawls. I know.. colby fights. but, still.

Taking this fight, on 12 days, at this point in his career - Usman has all my respect and adulation. This bumps him up on my all-time list and I truly see him as a fighter's fighter now.

"Fighters fight" - thank you and good luck Marty... I really hope you don't get smeshed!
He sat there just brooding during the press con. Kinda funny how nobody asked him any questions too (at least from the footage I saw).
But he was out there. Looking indomitable.

Will root for the guy, in probably the first time.

He’s a cherry picking duck. Not only is he probably being paid really well. After losing two in a row and no longer being the WW champion. All he has to do is win one fight and he gets a TS against a guy he beat before.

Yes, it’s decent and all. But calm down, alright. He called out Mavidal after beating him 50-45. There was ZERO badass about that call out. And I’ll never pretend there was.

Why hasn’t he fought Jan yet? That would have actually impressed me. But he never said a word about it until AFTER Jan lost the title.

Let’s not try to rewrite history, alright.

It happens a lot. A former big name loses and steps in to get a win back.

He’s a cherry picking duck. Not only is he probably being paid really well. After losing two in a row and no longer being the WW champion. All he has to do is win one fight and he gets a TS against a guy he beat before.

Yes, it’s decent and all. But calm down, alright. He called out Mavidal after beating him 50-45. There was ZERO badass about that call out. And I’ll never pretend there was.

Why hasn’t he fought Jan yet? That would have actually impressed me. But he never said a word about it until AFTER Jan lost the title.

Let’s not try to rewrite history, alright.
lol ok. i agree with the mas stuff, completely. but other than that, lol

usman has nothing to lose. but still he def should be respected for this. he's going for all the glory.

lol this too. these short notice fights never live up, it's always a complete annihilation. if there's one guy who can do it, youd't think it would be volk though. but let's be real, they've got about a round to figure out a full fight camp monster before their lack of conditoning, strength, and timing is exposed on the world stage.
If Volk gets finished early the question I want for Dana is: Do you regret not giving Gamrot the fight?

I'm conflicted. I respect it but also I know gsp wouldn't have taken risks like this with his legacy. Though I guess kamaru is a little forced to.
The less marketable you are the more you need to stfu and be a company man to compensate

I just wanted to take a minute to recognize and appreciate what this guy is doing this weekend.

Taking this fight against Borz is super bad ass. I never thought Usman was a 'fake' fighter, or anything - I just always saw him more as an 'athlete' than a 'fighter'. Will pretty much fight anyone, but will only take calculated risks and a technical fighter who doesn't produce knock-down, drag-out brawls. I know.. colby fights. but, still.

Taking this fight, on 12 days, at this point in his career - Usman has all my respect and adulation. This bumps him up on my all-time list and I truly see him as a fighter's fighter now.

"Fighters fight" - thank you and good luck Marty... I really hope you don't get smeshed!
I always hated Usman but I too was gonna make a thread similar to your thread OP.
He finally did something worth respecting. And he's been doing it quietly. This is all I wanted from the guy is stay away from the mic and media.

I just don’t understand the hype behind Khamzat, is it because he’s 12-0? Or he “kills” his opponents? Sure he’s explosive but his gas tank hasn’t been tested yet, for all we know he could gas as quick as Conor lol.

The pace that him and Burns fought would've killed Conor sir.

I concur : drool: he is looking FIT! And for your grate poast u just won yerself a music video from the FABULOUS MISS MESS HERSELF! I’m speaking of course about MS. DIVINE:cool:

Thank you so much, Sir (brought you by @StonedLemur !)

Never saw this clip, but I saw all if it just now while waking up in the middle of the night to poop.

Made me reflect while I was having trouble getting it out as it was bigger and harder than normal. I guess I'm not a man to be honest, just a boy or toy and can't really see it!

For that reason, I'll try heading back to the gym tomorrow morning after months! Thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you so much, Sir (brought you by @StonedLemur !)

Never saw this clip, but I saw all if it just now while waking up in the middle of the night to poop.

Made me reflect while I was having trouble getting it out as it was bigger and harder than normal. I guess I'm not a man to be honest, just a boy or toy and can't really see it!

For that reason, I'll try heading back to the gym tomorrow morning after months! Thanks for the inspiration!

Que? Lmao

Hespect for Usman for stepping up. Wouldn't be surprised if he somehow pulls of a W against (perhaps) a wreckless Khamzat

Y’all are nuts

just enjoy the fights instead of obsessing over weirdo stuff

The whole "athlete vs. fighter" narrative is, and has always been, complete nonsense. Someone doesn't choose a career where they literally lock themselves in a cage against the best fighters in the world if they themselves aren't a "fighter."

No he wont.

The money will already be in his pockets,and the abu dhabi sheiks will be happy with the winners.
Oh man.
it took me this long to understand when people say it's not a real sport. Gamrot was a better fight but Volk will sell more PPVs.

Back