Usman brags to fans: I finish Chimaev in a 5 rounder

Khamzat without a torn ligament in his hand finishes Usman in under 3 rounds

Khamzat would never do the fight at 170 lbs. Usman will need to take the fight at 185 lbs. A full training camp and not just a 10 day notice properly done at middleweight, Usman indeed does finish Khamzat in 5 rounds. Not even a question. Usman will need to be heavier also for it to help with the size deficit. Not just 190 lbs at fight night like the last time.

what's he supposed to say?

"borz will ragdoll me for 1 round and gas out for the next 4 but squeak out a split decision" ???

To play devils advocate, does Usman look as good in the late rounds if next time around Khamzat dosen't randomly blow a ligament in his hand/wrist?

Only on Sherdog can an active champion avoid somebody who isn't even a contender yet.

God everytime I forget how nauseating Khamzat fans are they always find a way to remind me.
Pretty much how I feel about Pereira fans.

He couldn't give him a beating when Usman has 10 days notice at MW. Usman beats him in a 5 rounder at 170 or 185.
Usman couldn't do shit to khamzat in 3 rounds so it's a baseless claim to say he'd do something like finish khamzat in 5.

Usman couldn't even beat a guy who was injured in the 1st round.

Big chub duck should be fighting guys his size not 170 lbers.

Pretty much how I feel about Pereira fans.
Yeah, I actually like Poatan but a lot of his fans can be pretty obnoxious too.

For me it probably goes in order of how annoying they are;

Chimaev fans
Jones fans
Shavkat fans
Islam fans (though let's be honest they dickride for every Dagestani fighter)
Poatan fans

There's never been a champ at WW or below that was 35 years or older. That's pretty telling imo.
Sean Sherk was almost 35 when he won the LW title.

Pat Miletich was 35 when he became WW champ

Yeah, I actually like Poatan but a lot of his fans can be pretty obnoxious too.

For me it probably goes in order of how annoying they are;

Chimaev fans
Jones fans
Shavkat fans
Islam fans (though let's be honest they dickride for every Dagestani fighter)
Poatan fans
Oof those shavkat fans..... unreal lol

People pace themselves differently in 3 or 5 round fights. Fighters will prepare accordingly.

Acting like a 5 round fight would be different because your opponent would keep the same strategy as he did for a 3 round fight is retarded.

If your cardio is so damn good for 5 rounds, then why didn't you push harder in a 3 round fight? It's not like they changed the round format in the middle of the fight. Both fighters went in knowing how many rounds they had to win.

People pace themselves differently in 3 or 5 round fights. Fighters will prepare accordingly.

Acting like a 5 round fight would be different because your opponent would keep the same strategy as he did for a 3 round fight is retarded.

If your cardio is so damn good for 5 rounds, then why didn't you push harder in a 3 round fight? It's not like they changed the round format in the middle of the fight. Both fighters went in knowing how many rounds they had to win.

Because he took the fight on ten days notice?

Prime Usman does unspeakable things to Khamzat, I think we can all agree on that.
The combination of athleticism and conditioning would be too much for Khamzat, his only option is an early finish.
I think we can all agree on that.

Now, as for current Usman, I'm not sure. I don't see a one-sided affair either way, if they fight again.

To play devils advocate, does Usman look as good in the late rounds if next time around Khamzat dosen't randomly blow a ligament in his hand/wrist?
It wasn't randomly, his hand got messed up when Usman did the flip that slammed Khamzat into the mat.

Back