Usman brags to fans: I finish Chimaev in a 5 rounder

His stock didn’t go down, it went up. An unranked fighter just convincingly beat a top 5 welterweight in his 4th ufc fight. He had nowhere to go but up.

leon was the next contender against Usman, but khamzat was on his way to fighting Usman after that. Only Usman didn’t want anything to do with him.

you can deny this if you like, but it happened.
He didn't convincingly beat him. A lot of people thought Burns won.
You might've thought it was convincingly but not everyone agrees with you.

What I don’t get is why is Leon “super deserving” with an uninspiring decision win over Nate Diaz, while khamzat beating burns is “his stock going down” he put on a fight of the year with burns, I just don’t see how that warrants criticism
Leon deserved a title fight WAY before the Nate fight. Leon was supposed to fight Usman but then the shut down happened and Burns ended getting the chance because Leon got stuck in England. That's how long Leon was waiting for his shot.

This really hurt Usman’s legacy. If he’d beaten Leon and pressed on as champion he could have decorated his reign more, but 2 bs matches with masvidal have lessened the achievement of 5 title defenses.

at least he beat masvidal very convincingly both fights
Yep agree. Usman should've fought Leon earlier. Usman probably wins as his knees aren't as shot as they were later on.

oh yes lets discredit Usman's adaptability and flexibility in that fight. if only Burns could wouda shouda
Burns lands a HK. Hurts and wobbles Usman and instead of pressing the action he literally flops on his back giving Usman the needed time to recover. How is Burn's showing of extreme low first IQ an example of Usman's adaptability and flexibility?

He didn't convincingly beat him. A lot of people thought Burns won.
You might've thought it was convincingly but not everyone agrees with you.
He convinced 3 judges and won unanimous decision.

regardless the fight is debatable, yes, but I’m simply saying his stock went up not down.

maybe ppl saying he was invincible lost so stick in him but that was just when he was being overrated

Yep agree. Usman should've fought Leon earlier. Usman probably wins as his knees aren't as shot as they were later on.
I believe Usman’s wrestling game was strong enough to beat Leon during his prime. However, the effects of the elevation in Salt Lake City made it a questionable result, along with the condition of Usman’s knees. Leon won the trilogy but some significant factors made it a close result and hard to say for sure.

ultimately, Leon gets to live with the victory though

Maybe an unpopular opinion...

Prime Usman smokes him at 170....

Now... Khamzat gives him a GSP / Fitch beating

Now at 170 (due to the weight cut,) I’d strongly disagree.
Based on everything we’ve seen to this point (although at his age it can change very quickly; so not a hill I’m willing to die on) Usman beats him soundly.

That said, there’s no way to dispute* that the pendulum swings a little further toward the Chechen every single day.

Only on Sherdog can an active champion avoid somebody who isn't even a contender yet.

God everytime I forget how nauseating Khamzat fans are they always find a way to remind me.

Funny enough (considering that this is a martial arts forum,) it’s* always the fanatics who’ve never (or hardly ever) stepped on a wrestling/grappling mat, in a boxing* ring, etc… in a proper gym let alone ever actually competed.

Funny enough (considering that this is a martial arts forum,) it’s* always the fanatics who’ve never (or hardly ever) stepped on a wrestling/grappling mat, in a boxing* ring, etc… in a proper gym let alone ever actually competed.
Yeah good point. I've noticed it tends to be people who are superfans of a certain or specific fighters moreso than fans of the sport itself. They enjoy the sport but follow it for specific fighters and then their interest cools off when they aren't active. Or until they finds somebody else to stan for.

Yeah good point. I've noticed it tends to be people who are superfans of a certain or specific fighters moreso than fans of the sport itself. They enjoy the sport but follow it for specific fighters and then their interest cools off when they aren't active. Or until they finds somebody else to stan for.

If this forum didn’t have an ignore option, it’d be insufferable.

Burns lands a HK. Hurts and wobbles Usman and instead of pressing the action he literally flops on his back giving Usman the needed time to recover. How is Burn's showing of extreme low first IQ an example of Usman's adaptability and flexibility?

If he went for the "finish" Usman would have took him down or buy enough time trying.
He did his best not panic and showed Burns hes was not as helpless as he thought he was.

Last edited:
Bragging about winning fights that will never happen lol, he might as well keep talking about how he would knock out Canelo & Jan too.

Maybe the usman that fought burns, the usman that fought edwards beats khamzat by decision.

80rs5t.jpg
Masterful

Prime Usman was a monster and would molest Khamzat.
He was a cardio machine with power and an extremely versatile skillset.

Current Usman... yeah, maybe not. I dunno, man.

Khamzat with the best potential career and the best career mismanagement in UFC history

You have to get to the championship rounds for that to matter, and I don't think he gets out of the 2nd.

You do realize Usman took for a full 15 minutes in their fight, so he made it well past the 2nd.

Back