USADA is a facade until fighters get tested 4+ times a month.

LMFAO.

As MMA fighters have that much leverage.

A level NFL/Soccer athletes bend over when their employer ask them to.....You're delusional if you think MMA fighters will join bellator over the frequency of drug testing lol.

Yes it is...read the title...4 times + a month, meaning it can be more than 4 times....but it should be minimum 4 times
a month.

It is 100% random because it wont be "every friday of the week" like you people think.

You can still randomly test them within that month....so 2 days in a row....then once next week.....then 3 times next week.

Thats way more random and its way harder to time it

"LMFAO"

First: that's absolutely ridiculous to expect fighters to be available for four random tests EVERY month, on a non-scheduled day, when they can be suspended just for missing these unscheduled appointments. It's logistically impossible.

Second: if for some insane reason the UFC decided to move forward with your plan, and pay approximately $43,000,000 per year to increase their testing to this level, it would only take a small handful of top fighters to refuse to accept the new terms to cripple them. This would constitute a change of contract, so a fighter like Conor McGregor would have a legal case for ending his contract, and signing with Bellator. There are plenty of fighters who are above just accepting whatever the UFC tells them to do, and some have walked already. The bottom 75% of the roster would probably bend, but a vast majority of the top paid fighters would refuse.

Third: what would the UFC even gain from this? The UFC doesn't actually care who takes steroids. They care who gets caught taking steroids, and that they take a firm position once someone is exposed as a cheater, but it doesn't matter who the fighter is, it negatively impacts the UFC every time any fighter tests positive for PEDs, especially when it's a star like Jones or Silva. They would essentially be paying an extra 40 million dollars to stick a dagger in their own backs. They benefit from appearing to be opposed to PEDs; they don't benefit from routing out every cheater on their roster.

I've actually read that one of their favorite methods is to come back a day or two after testing for a second test. But only if it's someone they suspect is gaming the system. Plus money issues almost certainly mean they're not coming back a 3rd time right away.
Lets say thats their perferred method.

Ok I get tested....I get tested tommorow.

Knowing I got tested twice.....and knowing they only test 3 times in 8 months....You can bet your ass off that you can roid for the nexy month and have 99% chance of not getting tested.

Easy as fuck to fool and time USADA....sure its a risk but not that big of risk, once you see the pattern.

"LMFAO"

First: that's absolutely ridiculous to expect fighters to be available for four random tests EVERY month, on a non-scheduled day, when they can be suspended just for missing these unscheduled appointments. It's logistically impossible.

This is another very important consideration.

You get 2 missed tests per 12 month period, miss a third and you are looking a suspension. Some fighters could rack up three strikes in a month.

half the roster would be suspended

I can tell you countless fighters that have been.

Jones, they tested him one day, went back next day
Brock, they tested him one day, went back next day (twice)
Cowboy, earlier this year, tested one day, went back a couple of days later
Rashad, earlier this year, tested one day, went back a couple of days later
Claudia Gadelha, tested on day, went back two days later
Cormier, three times in six weeks visited with no fights booked...

the list goes on, they are just the ones I remember off the top of my head... theres plenty more.

But they do it when the fighters physiological profile, when their bio passport, suggests that something is amiss.

its completely pointless doing it to someone whos passport profile suggests they are totally clean.

Ok lets say thats the pattern they test back to back days.....

Right after that, you can roid and its 99% chance you wont get tested 3 times.

The point is, that their is a pattern here and fighters can easily see this thru USADA, their testing, their teammates testing.

So knowing fighters get tested 3 times in 8 months....and if you got tested twice in a row...odds are, you aint getting tested for the next week, hell even the next month.....thus, you can risk it and have a high chance of not getting tested.

Do you not see the weakness of this testing? Its obvious as fuck.

Imagine hiring an actual statistician?...He can look at the patterns and tell u, the best time to roid with minimal risk.

Lets say thats their perferred method.

Ok I get tested....I get tested tommorow.

Knowing I got tested twice.....and knowing they only test 3 times in 8 months....You can bet your ass off that you can roid for the nexy month and have 99% chance of not getting tested.

Easy as fuck to fool and time USADA....sure its a risk but not that big of risk, once you see the pattern.
Yeah that's what I was implying. Once you know their favorite tricks you can probably start gaming the system for decent stretches. Unless they have a hardon for you like they apparently do with Costa and, for whatever reason, Cerrone.

There's usual drugs with half-life of few hours, like EPO, which makes it hard to find.

And then there's designer drugs which they didn't even discover yet.

Guys with lot of money will never get caught, if they're smart.

It's either biological passports or no control over doping, ever.

This is another very important consideration.

You get 2 missed tests per 12 month period, miss a third and you are looking a suspension. Some fighters could rack up three strikes in a month.

half the roster would be suspended
I would assume that if they moved to a system this frequent (lol, obviously never happening for financial and logistical reasons, but just hypothetically) they could and would change the rules of missed tests as well. People have lives. If you're making a weekly intrusion in their lives there would have to be more flexibility).

Ok lets say thats the pattern they test back to back days.....

Right after that, you can roid and its 99% chance you wont get tested 3 times.

no, its not a 99% chance.

Ask DC, he was visited for the third time in a short period last week.

You are completely ignoring the fact that USADA dont test randomly, they dont just turn up, test, go away. It is ALL intelligence based, using data from previous tests to specifically target people at certain times.

You make the mistake in your very first post saying "random testing"

there is NO SUCH THING AS RANDOM TESTING

It is called "strategic intelligence based unannounced testing"

4 times a month ain't going to do shit.

We need blood passports up in this bitch

Yeah that's what I was implying. Once you know their favorite tricks you can probably start gaming the system for decent stretches. Unless they have a hardon for you like they apparently do with Costa and, for whatever reason, Cerrone.

Cerrone got specifically targeted earlier this year but they've kinda laid off since then.

it could be something really simple. Maybe he had an injury, maybe an illness, something that caused one of his biological markers to go screwy, so they targeted him.

The target testing came up with nothing so they have laid off again.

Its pretty common for athletes to be targeted and very often it can be perfectly innocent (which is why context is always very important when looking at the published numbers)

an example of context when it comes to usada.

the usada website details "samples collected" not "test sessions"

So an athlete could have 8 samples on his record, but only have been visited by testers four times (collecting blood and urine on all four occasions). Another athlete could have only 4 samples on his record, but also been visited by testers four times (providing urine sample on each occasion)

Context is very important. How many times have they actually been visited by testers, how many times have they fought in that period, at what level have they fought (main card, title fight etc).

People cite Romero as an example saying hes been tested 12 times or something.

NO.. HE HASNT.. Hes been visited by testers 8 times... collecting 12 samples

Which considering he has been in two title fights this year, I would say 8 visits from testers if anything is a little low...

All about context..

no, its not a 99% chance.

Ask DC, he was visited for the third time in a short period last week.

You are completely ignoring the fact that USADA dont test randomly, they dont just turn up, test, go away. It is ALL intelligence based, using data from previous tests to specifically target people at certain times.

You make the mistake in your very first post saying "random testing"

there is NO SUCH THING AS RANDOM TESTING

It is called "strategic intelligence based unannounced testing"
Of course it's not 99% chance...That's an expression...but the odds of you getting tested after that, are low as fuck........DC is a rare exception, and it's odd as fuck that they did...This is why you remember that fact. For most fighters, they don't test em 3 times that fast, and you know this!

They test in a pattern...there is a pattern here and fighters will know this thru their own testing/team testing/ seeing the USADA site.......So yes, you can take risk, you time it and minimize your risk.

It might be "strategic intelligence based unannounced testing" for guys highly suspected of using...Guys like Yoel.....it will make the patterns harder because they test him more frequently but I guarantee you that their is a pattern.

For guys not suspected to be on roids....It's easier because they don't get tested as frequently thus it's easier to see the pattern and minimize risk.

usada run both blood passport and steroidal marker passport

Nah

Fuck USADA. Bunch of corrupt motherfuckers. As long as Novitzky has those fuckers on speed dial they are not to be trusted. If Jones fights this year their credibility is non existant.

maybe they could be even tougher but they've already caught some of the best cheaters of all time

if UFC were a higher profile sport and didn't already have a reputation when it comes PEDs it would've been an absolutely massive scandal

what you are describing isnt random
of course it fucking is.

increasing the frequency of testing somehow makes it less random? what the hell kind of logic is that?

Jon Jones...Known/Confirmed roider...Only tested once this year.....8 months into the year...thats a lot of time to roid.

Conor..tested 3 times a year.....8 months into the year...lots of time to roid.

Yoel romero...has been tested once a month......once a month LMFAO.

Brock, career roider....comes back from PED suspension and gets a title shot asap.

USADA is a joke....its just virtue signaling that they are anti-roids but its #1 bullshit.

If WME/UFC truly care, they need to test fighters 4+ times a month...then we will know they are serious and not virtue signaling cunts.

no jones jones is the joke.

I mean, the UFC went from being the Wild West in terms of coordinated testing (usually just having samples before and after bouts, and not even the entire card), to being one of the most tested sports - period. Literally. The fact that it's handled by an outside agency like USADA and not state commissions is huge.

No one is pretending like it is perfect. However, the jump that was made in quality and frequency of testing in a very short amount of time is astonishing. So, if it's already among the most tested sports now, why would they raise their expenses 20 fold to make it far and away the most tested sport several times over? More lucrative sports like Football aren't expected to because frankly, it's kind of stupid.

of course it fucking is.

increasing the frequency of testing somehow makes it less random? what the hell kind of logic is that?

its not random to start with. nothing is random

you think usada just stick a pin in a list of names each morning?

TS is an absolute jackass with no concept of reality.

Back