USADA is a facade until fighters get tested 4+ times a month.

Like I said.

A level athletes in the NFL/ Soccer move to places because they have to.

MMA fighters could be required to do that as well.
Reebok payouts will cover the massive relocation expense and CoL hike.

That's like a dozen birthday parties for Dana's son. No way can anybody afford that ... Oh, wait.

Tell the facade to stop fucking up fights or have GSPs doctors available for the roster to consult with.

Of course they CAN afford it, it's just not necessary and why spend 20x the money on something if you don't have to?

Random testing works because it is random. There isn't some safe buffer zone where you won't be tested. It is the constant threat that you will be tested that is a deterrent.

Of course they CAN afford it, it's just not necessary and why spend 20x the money on something if you don't have to?

Random testing works because it is random. There isn't some safe buffer zone where you won't be tested. It is the constant threat that you will be tested that is a deterrent.
Under the cage?

Like I said.

Jesus fucking Christ...

No. The UFC is doing global expansion. They have events in China, Europe, Australia etc. But every fighter should move. Then travel back to their home country to fight. And then travel back again.

You obviously lack logic.

Look at the list...Most fighters are tested like 3-4 times in 8 months.

Some fighters are tested a shitload, but Im sure you can find correlation as in, fighters who fight more frequently get tested more and closer to the fight...does its best to roid in the off season.

The system has a pattern and it isnt that hard to fool if you actually see it.

As I have explained.

To do what you are suggesting would

1) Involve knocking down the UCLA lab and rebuilding it in a completely new location (its not big enough to handle 3x the number of samples)

2) Involve SMRTL and other labs doing major building work and in some cases trebling their staff to handle the new number of samples)

3) Involve the UFC paying out around $45 million a year in anti doping costs

Logistics wouldnt be unfeasible....If NFL/Soccer teams can make A level fighters relocate where they live....UFC can get fighters to be tested that often and be required to be in places where they can get that often tested.....Its very fucking possible.

The NFL can't do that. Players relocate to where they play because they are constantly playing, practicing and doing media in one location for a big chunk of the year. UFC fighters fight 2-3 times a year, each time in a different place. It doesn't make sense for them to move anywhere.

And there were go! My figure was a very quick Google search, I'm sure you know this a lot better than I do!
yeh, i dont know the exact cost, but digging through usada's financials from 2012 to 2017 Ive managed to pinpoint it as between 2.5 and 3.0 million per year (they dont seperate the UFC program cost in the financials)

at the moment they pay around $2.5m for 2700 samples per year, so around 1000 per sample (but thats also including cost of administering the program, educational resources etc etc etc)

What TS Is suggesting is 4 visits by testers per month per athlete.

600 athletes on the roster.

4 visits per month, that's 48 visits from testers per year.

Lets presume that 50% of those visits are for a urine sample only and 50% of those visits are for both blood and urine.

Thats a total of 72 samples per fighter per year

for 600 fighters that is a total of 43,200 samples per year

total cost

$43,200,000 per annum at the price they are currently paying

FORTY THREE FUCKING MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR

Thats before we even look at the logistics of that....

The two wada labs in the US currently handle around 20,000 samples per year..

Just shy of 10,000 in LA (9,990 per wada 2016 anti doping reports)
Just over 10,000 in SLC (10,637 per wada 2016 anti doping reports)

So TS is proposing increasing the number of samples processed by those labs from 20,000 per annum to OVER 60,000, effectively TRIPLING the number of samples they process.

Both labs would need to be massively expanded, in fact UCLA lab would probably need to move to a totally new site and rebuilt. Both sites would need to at least double their number of staff (but probably treble the number of staff) as well as anti doping agencies worldwide significantly increasing the number of staff they employed..

So what TS Is proposing would

1) Require knocking down the UCLA Lab and moving it to a brand new site and building
2) Both UCLA and SMRTL as well as labs worldwide increasing their staff, in some cases tripling
and
3) would cost the UFC around $45 million dollars per annum...
Make the letters bigger so u can get ur point accross.

$43 million isnt shit for a $4 billion company!!!!Cut Dana's bonus so we wont be able to buy snow for his las vegas driveway!

As for the logistics...its possible but yes hard.

Its time for the UFC to invest more in drug testing...drug testing, with the investment/frequency will eventually make the cost of each test go down over time.

USADA is just pure shit at this juncture!

Like I said.

A-level athletes in the NFL and soccer make 8 figures and are tested nowhere near four times a month, wherever they happen to live. Meanwhile, half the fighters on the UFC roster work a day job in addition to fighting.

There's a huge gulf between "the UFC should test its fighters for PEDs more often" and "we should make Brazilian fighters making 16 and 16 move to a different country."

Like I said.

we then get into the other debate.

If someones biological profile over three years of the program shows no signs whatsoever that they are doping.

Their endocrine and steroidal levels remain constant and within normal paramaters. their blood data if anything is a little low showing no signs of manipulation.

If after three years in the program, everything about their past sample history suggests they are competing clean, what would be the point in testing them four times a month? And utter waste of everybodys time and money.

I DONT SAY THIS LIGHTLY,

BUT THIS IS MAYBE THE DUMBEST IDEA IVE READ IN MONTHS

$43 million isnt shit for a $4 billion company!!!!Cut Dana's bonus so we wont be able to buy snow for his las vegas driveway!

Its time for the UFC to invest more in drug testing...drug testing, with the investment/frequency will eventually make the cost of each test go down over time.

...You do realise that $4 billion was the purchase price, not their earnings right?

It's really easy to be spend-happy and not care about cost/diminishing returns when you aren't the one writing the check, isn't it?

:rolleyes:

so your suggestion is that the University of California knock down their lab and build a brand new, massive lab off campus, and that SMRTL in Salt LAke City, the ABCD Lab in Rio, as well as other labs around the world do major building and restructuring work, trebling the capacity of their labs...

And then what happens when the UFC cancel their contract with USADA?

UCLA are left with a fuck off massive lab they cant afford and dont need and have to lay off 70% of their staff...

Genius idea..

Again..its not that random!

Look at the usada list......most people get tested 3-4 times in 8 months...and Im sure it correlates with how much ffigjt in a year.

So knowing this...and Fighters who have already been tested, know patterns as well.

You can bet your ass that you can "risk" it and roid the day after the tester test u...and u have 99% chance of not being tested the next day.

That its not a good system...its a risky system and much better than the old scheduled piss test.

But like I said, the odds are you wont be tested the next day after ur tested.

Cost and logistics make this really difficult. It's not like team sports where they can go around and grab everyone at once. These guys live on 6 different continents and travel a lot.

Again..its not that random!

Look at the usada list......most people get tested 3-4 times in 8 months...and Im sure it correlates with how much ffigjt in a year.

So knowing this...and Fighters who have already been tested, know patterns as well.

You can bet your ass that you can "risk" it and roid the day after the tester test u...and u have 99% chance of not being tested the next day.

That its not a good system...its a risky system and much better than the old scheduled piss test.

I've actually read that one of their favorite methods is to come back a day or two after testing for a second test. But only if it's someone they suspect is gaming the system. Plus money issues almost certainly mean they're not coming back a 3rd time right away.

I've actually read that one of their favorite methods is to come back a day or two after testing for a second test. But only if it's someone they suspect is gaming the system. Plus money issues almost certainly mean they're not coming back a 3rd time right away.

I can tell you countless fighters that have been.

Jones, they tested him one day, went back next day
Brock, they tested him one day, went back next day (twice)
Cowboy, earlier this year, tested one day, went back a couple of days later
Rashad, earlier this year, tested one day, went back a couple of days later
Claudia Gadelha, tested on day, went back two days later
Cormier, three times in six weeks visited with no fights booked...

the list goes on, they are just the ones I remember off the top of my head... theres plenty more.

But they do it when the fighters physiological profile, when their bio passport, suggests that something is amiss.

its completely pointless doing it to someone whos passport profile suggests they are totally clean.

A-level athletes in the NFL and soccer make 8 figures and are tested nowhere near four times a month, wherever they happen to live. Meanwhile, half the fighters on the UFC roster work a day job in addition to fighting.

There's a huge gulf between "the UFC should test its fighters for PEDs more often" and "we should make Brazilian fighters making 16 and 16 move to a different country."
I said its possible because somebody mentioned that chinese/brazil labs cant be trusted.

I dont have problems with wada testing labs in brazil...or any wada approved lab.

Back