USA vs ISIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else watched the five part mini documentary that Vice News did on the Islamic State?

It pretty much backs up what Zankou was saying the other day. That the non radical Sunni population are actually starting to support ISIS in these regions. In part 5 Vice News are interviewing people at the Syria/Iraq border and all the people are saying they are happy with ISIS as now they can travel freely between the two states. Some of the other parts make an interesting watch as well.

Has anyone else watched the five part mini documentary that Vice News did on the Islamic State?

It pretty much backs up what Zankou was saying the other day. That the non radical Sunni population are actually starting to support ISIS in these regions. In part 5 Vice News are interviewing people at the Syria/Iraq border and all the people are saying they are happy with ISIS as now they can travel freely between the two states. Some of the other parts make an interesting watch as well.

At this point, do any Sunni's in the region have another choice?

News: North of Aleppo Islamic State soldiers killed several rebels from groups al-nusra and islamic front taking 2 villages.

Also Islamic State soldiers continues to battle Iraqi Army yesterday trapping an armored column. Islamic State main battle tanks and rocket troop barrages trapped Iraqi Armor column resulting in 100% destruction and capture of military vehicles and tens of thousands of ammunitions.

V87izxE.jpg

gbLn6Qr.jpg

vzZ7bVS.jpg

MFbBVqX.jpg

se4ylGK.jpg

Those vehicles in the images, are those actually ours that we gave to the Iraqis?

And man I just want to say, but unless Al Jazeera is faking all their reports from northern Iraq, there sure are a lot of northern european looking people native to the Middle East. I saw some dirty blondes, a really pasty faced and blue eyed little girl, and some.

At this point, do any Sunni's in the region have another choice?

They probably don't have much choice at this point, agreed. But all I am saying is that ISIS are doing things that don't just satisfy the Sunni extremists, they satisfy regular Sunni's as well. Also they are getting support in Iraq amongst the Sunni's because the Sunni's hated Al-Maliki that much they are seeing it as a change that cannot be any worse than what they previously had. This is why I said it confirms what Zankou was saying the other day, that it is going to be hard to get rid of ISIS quickly as their support in growing in these areas.

Anyone know what the Arab League has to say about all this? Can they provide leadership?

Just got done watching it....incredibly fascinating. I'm not sure if the Sunni pooulation are supporting isis out of fear or if they truly believe in them.

The American military isn't as tough as some of you guys think; you people watch too many movies; the media has brainwashed you too much.

They only seem invincible due to their superior technology and air power.

The only way to know for sure how tough the American military is; is if Americans put boots on the ground. I mean they fought alqaeda in iraq back in 06-07 and they suffered a lot of casualties and were only able to subdue them by paying sunni tribes to stab them in the back.

You are full of crap. AQ hide within civilians and plant IEDs. Pussies never had s stand up fight.

I'm blown away people think that Isis would be able to put up a fight against the US military. Know how people have the most success against US forces? Improvised explosives and ambushes. Isis is a STANDING army. All of those trucks liquidfire brags about, all those tanks, their numbers and the cities they hold, would all spell their doom against a superior fighting force.

Also I have a feeling they would turn and run if faced with another Shock and Awe.

Even the German green party is calling for the Luftwaffe to join the party now. Fucking lol!

Some of my Catholic friends are angry that the Pope did not officially called for a crusade.

Some of my Catholic friends are angry that the Pope did not officially called for a crusade.

nice.

So this thread has the Waffen SS getting involved and a crusade.

Sounds like PPV tv right here.

Like I said; if they hadn't disbanded my old mob back in 1307, they wouldn't have this problem now.:icon_twis

Profile of the Australian ISIS recruit who had his son holding a severed head.

But who is Khaled Sharrouf and how did he end up as the poster boy for Western jihadism?

His history reveals a very different picture – a drug-addled petty criminal whose substance abuse led to chronic mental illness.

"He was a drop-out at school. He was ultimately expelled at a very early age for poor behaviour," former Supreme Court justice Anthony Whealy said.

"He soon took up drugs and became involved in petty criminality and it seems that part of the people he started to mix with introduced to him a very extreme form of radical Islamic religion."

It was this that led to his first serious run in with the law.

In 2005 Sharrouf was charged, along with eight other Sydney men, over the biggest terrorism plot in Australian history.

He was charged with possessing items to be used for a terrorist act – six clocks and 140 batteries he stole from a Big W store.

Sharrouf a 'very ill man', had severe schizophrenia: judge

Justice Whealy presided over the terrorism trials and heard evidence from psychiatrists who diagnosed Sharrouf with chronic schizophrenia, likely caused by his earlier sustained use of LSD, ecstasy and amphetamines.

"He was very ill mentally. He had very severe schizophrenia, he suffered from delusions - every report was very clear on this point," Justice Whealy told 7.30.

"His symptoms were quite severe, he was quite delusional.

"He was overheard talking to other people when no-one was there. This was observed on quite a few occasions and it was a state of mind that persisted for some time."
On his release Sharrouf fell back into the criminal world.

Police say Sharrouf was carrying out violent extortions in the construction industry, while claiming a disability pension for his mental illness.

It was a dangerous game - a year ago his business partner, Vasko Boskovski, was shot dead in a suburban Sydney street.

Sharrouf threw himself back into hardline Islam.

He began attending the Al Risalah prayer centre in Sydney's west three years ago.

Last December Sharrouf slipped out of Australia, travelling on his brother's passport, headed for Syria.

"He's a very sad, pathetic figure. He remains a highly unintelligent man who has no perception of himself."
-Justice Anthony Whealy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back