USA vs ISIL

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by liquidfire, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saanen vaeltaa

saanen vaeltaa Orange Belt

Fair enough. Many of those traits - light skin, obviously, but even the more unique, specific ones like blonde hair - aren't unheard of in non-European ethnic groups. Two groups with surprising large frequencies of blondes (still comparatively small amongst larger populations, but larger than expected) are Berbers in North Africa and some Nuristanis in Afghanistan.

2. GhostZ06

GhostZ06 Steel Belt

3. Cuzcatlan

Cuzcatlan Bénir Henry

Is not the direction he inteded. But sometimes it feels that the death of brown people means less than white looking people. In America, middle eastern people are portrayed as dark and evil in the media.
    So its surprising seeing so many light skin middle eastern people for Americans.

[​IMG]

4. logos

logos Black Belt

Great, now this thread is going to be over run by a ridiculous race debate...thanks.

5. Cuzcatlan

Cuzcatlan Bénir Henry

Nope! More technical pics!
    I wonder if I call the Toyota dealer for the best truck to mount a 50 cal, I get put on a list?

[​IMG]
    This might be a shopped pic.

[​IMG]

6. zulqarnayn

zulqarnayn Green Belt

Ya there is a lot of people in the Middle East that are fair and have colored eyes; especially in Syria and Palestine.

7. Videer

Videer Black Belt

It appears that Special Elite Bliztkrieg ISIS forces forgot their equally elite air defence units.

8. GhostZ06

GhostZ06 Steel Belt

lol according to liquidfire your wrong

9. MANIAC123

MANIAC123 Yolo Belt

I haven't seen liquidfire for a couple of days.........I wonder if he got took out by a US airstrike?

10. Videer

Videer Black Belt

Naah, give it a day or two and he'll come back with a new round of even more incredibly unbeliable propaganda.

11. Orgasmo

Orgasmo Silver Belt

BREAKING NEWS!

The elite "Fabulous Rainbow" battalion of the International Pride Army has successfully invaded liquidfire's home, causing massive damage to liquidfire's backside. The keyboard jihadist is now crying in his home over the fact that he secretly enjoyed the invasion.

Could this be the end?

12. Cuzcatlan

Cuzcatlan Bénir Henry

Free Syrian Army - FSA- The A Team - Syrian Army

Its not ISIS but still funny.

13. saanen vaeltaa

In fairness to Squabs in hindsight, I believe it was just an aside. I saw his first comment followed by a post that could have been a pseudo-conspiratorial response by someone else and thought thread was going in starting to go in that direction.

No race debate. It was just an aside.

14. Flamma

Flamma Blue Belt

I'm still unsure what Barry's strategy here is, these IS scum are still massacring away and what is he doing exactly?

15. Cuzcatlan

Cuzcatlan Bénir Henry

Barry is In a tough spot here. The only real response is military intervention if the Iraqi army can't do the job. Sending Apache attack helicopters and A-10 will cause serious problems to ISIL but are more susceptible to being shot down. This would be one of the few times I would support a full fledged military intervention. I believe ISIL is partially our fault. By overthrowing Saddam and supporting rebels in Syria we left a huge power vacuum.

16. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Steel Belt

If we do go in full force and oust ISIS, the indigenous may see us more favorably this time around, and be more cooperative with us during this second round of occupation, and eventual westernization, and democratization.

17. saanen vaeltaa

No, ISIS is not our fault. We overthrew Saddam Hussein and actually we did it about 12 years too late. The problem was over-deBaathizing Iraq. We completely disenfranchised many of the people who had any experience in running the country's military, government, and social institutions. And what made the situation even worse was as we did this, we didnt secure the various arms caches across the country because we were too busy looks for WMDs which had already long been destroyed. So, to review, we pissed people off and made sure they were armed.

And then Zarqawi and then it was ISI (or Al Qaeda in Iraq) facilitated sectarian civil war, attracted jihadists to Iraq. But this new strain of ISIS is the fault of al Maliki and the sectarian, divisive government. When we left Iraq and gave the keys to al Maliki and company, post surge, Iraq was in pretty good shape. Al Maliki went and disenfranchised everybody all over again, driving the Kurds and Sunnis off. The Kurds, to be fair, have been trying to fight ISIS, but the Sunnis by and large, figure, why bother? Hopefully al-Abadi is much more inclusive and can help bring the Sunnis and Kurds back together.

With the U.S. and now France, and maybe soon E.U./U.K. helping arm and supply Kurdish Peshmerga and with Iran helping Shia Iraqis, hopefully moving forward...with the occasional U.S. drone strike for some of the ISIS leadership, we can see some progress against ISIS. Like all these groups, eventually their barbarism will be a major factor in their downfall. Islamofascist groups like ISIS are innately self-destructive. They make more enemies than friends. It's just a matter of arming and equipping those enemies.

18. faustian

faustian I'M NOT A MONSTER Platinum Member

If ISIS truly is backed by Saudi Arabia, then that might explain why the US is kinda handcuffed. The Saudis are America's most important ally in the region

19. Zankou

Zankou Bringing peace and love Staff Member Senior Moderator

20. Orgasmo

Orgasmo Silver Belt

Don't tell it to the people that think everything will heal after Maliki is gone. They're still wishing for that elusive Shiite-Sunni reconciliation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.