Urijah Faber is a great fight for Alex Caceres

Caceres got outpunched by a flyweight in Pettis till Sergio got tired and submitted by being 10kg lighter and 3 inches smaller, the only question about this fight is if Faber knocks him out, knocks him down then submits him or just submits him.
He stands no fucking chance in hell

Actually, according to fightmetric, Caceres outstruck Pettis in that fight 53 to 49. And he was the only one to score a knock down.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/6a7f68feb5c0755d

Faber is going to give Caceres a one-sided beating.

This is simply a gimme fight to give Faber an easy win.

Age can hit a fighter out of nowhere and Urijah been at this for a long time.

Actually, according to fightmetric, Caceres outstruck Pettis in that fight 53 to 49. And he was the only one to score a knock down.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/6a7f68feb5c0755d

fightmetric....the system that scores touching the same as a knockdown punch....great

I SAID TILL SERGIO GOT TIRED. No wonder Caceres landed later on, on that walking mummy.

For the record, I really like Caceres and watched him on tuf.
But he can only gain a concussion in that fight.

He had a hard time with Baby Pettis... Faber will destroy him

fightmetric....the system that scores touching the same as a knockdown punch....great

I SAID TILL SERGIO GOT TIRED. No wonder Caceres landed later on, on that walking mummy.

Well, which one them landed that knock down? :icon_twis

2-12.gif

I like Sergio Pettis a lot, but he got outstruck, dropped & submitted in that fight. Sergios sig. str. % was actually lower than Alex's. Only place where Sergio was winning that fight clearly before the sub was Joe Rogan's commentary & maybe aggressiveness.

well, which one them landed that knock down? :icon_twis

2-12.gif

i like sergio pettis a lot, but he got outstruck, dropped & submitted in that fight. Sergios sig. Str. % was actually lower than alex's. Only place where sergio was winning that fight clearly before the sub was joe rogan's commentary & maybe aggressiveness.
burn!

I honestly think Caceres is improving fast enough that he'll be able to keep Faber at range. I don't think he'll win, but I think it'll be an entertaining fight and a HUGE learning experience for Caceres that will vault him further ahead in knowledge.

I wouldn't be surprised if a year from now the same match can be made and people will think Caceres could take it.

Faber is going to bull doze him. Rag doll him. He can beat leroy no matter where the fight goes.

Why would you give a guy who's never fought a top 10, the number 2 BW?!

Just a another reason why the UFC's matchmaking is poor.

The division is just so screwed up right now, given who Faber has and hasn't beat.

I have no problem with this fight considering what is available.

Crazy match making!
I love both of these guys but this is insanity. If faber hasn't suddenly gotten old in the last months this is gonna be unbettable. Bruce Leroy in the 1000s?

there really arent fights left for faber at 135. he beat bowles, wineland, mizugaki, assuncao, etc. already fought cruz and barao, and i dont see him fighting tj unless there is good money for him

I had Pettis up 2 rounds when he got finished by Caceres. That's not a knock on Caceres, as Pettis is solid and Caceres hung in there and did great.

However, Faber is too big, too strong for Bruce Leroy. This is a horrible fight for him. Caceres is great at range and on the ground. However, Faber is a better grappler and will shoot in and outgrapple him with superior skills. Slim chancethat Caceres will outstrike Faber who (once) survived 5 founds against Barao, but there's always a possibility. I just don't see an upset happening.

Faber is kinda stuck in limbo, as he has lost to both the BW and FW champions and a rematch (or third fight) with either of them is out of the questions... still, Caceres is just a major step down. There's some good fights for Faber at 145 and I would love for him to move up.

In the future Faber/Penn would be a great retirement fight for either, or both of these guys.

To everybody who say he should destroy bruce leeroy....did ya'll just not see top 5 bw wineland get ko'ed by JOHNNY EDUARDO, and i think Caceres is better

I feel like as long as he can avoid the power shot and stuff a couple tds by keeping him off balance with jabs kicks and movement he can when a decision

P.s remember when everyone said edgar couldnt beat sherk?

Thay have to keep the rest of the top ten away from Faber because he probably beats them. If Alex pulls off the upset you have a brand new contender.
Sadly Faber is going to be in Rich Franklin land unless he starts a massive win streak or Renan loses the belt.

Faber will crush him and does nothing for him, he has more to lose than to gain

faber is 0-world in title fights in the ufc in two weight classes. I don't think hes in a position to demand meaningful fights.

Urijah by Shouryuuken

I agree with this being a mismatch. Urijah is gonna destroy Alex. However, I really don't think it matters. Urijah is in a weird spot. He's way better than anyone except the champion...but I would say barao beats him 99 times out of 100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back