Crime Updated - Hundreds (751) of unmarked graves found at Saskatchewan Residential School

Your link is using fucked stats then. In high school they taught that way higher numbers than that passed away and were acknowledged.

Then show it. It's from a wiki on the TRC.

I don't know Catholic school. I went through provincial school shit in New Brunswick in the 90s and we covered the last of the Beothuks style stuff and a lot of topics in social studies. everything from Catholic school forced integration to diseases that wiped out tribes and caused these mass graves. Its not new news.

Nah. its the same stuff we learned in school 20 years ago. People are trying to act like these mass graves are something more than we already learned, which just isn't the case.

It is odd. We genocided these people and stole their land. Did people think we did that nicely?

I'll start taking people seriously when they donate their house and cars to one of the native bands. Or when Trudeau steps down and let's a native guy be PM. Or we give back all the crown land. Until then it's all just virtue signaling as usual.

If we're really sorry, let's donate all our wealth and leave and go back to our ancestral homelands as bankrupt refugees. All of us. That might actually almost make up for what we did to these people. Almost.

It is odd. We genocided these people and stole their land. Did people think we did that nicely?

I'll start taking people seriously when they donate their house and cars to one of the native bands. Or when Trudeau steps down and let's a native guy be PM. Or we give back all the crown land. Until then it's all just virtue signaling as usual.

If we're really sorry, let's donate all our wealth and leave and go back to our ancestral homelands as bankrupt refugees. All of us. That might actually almost make up for what we did to these people. Almost.
To the Indigenous People, it sucks to suck.
You know what you do to invaders? Defeat them or lose everything. This talk about reparations and whatever is fucking stupid. Making people who weren't born yet pay People who weren't there for something that happened hundreds of years ago is asinine.

But any way you cut it, abusing and killing kids is fucked.

To the Indigenous People, it sucks to suck.
You know what you do to invaders? Defeat them or lose everything. This talk about reparations and whatever is fucking stupid. Making people who weren't born yet pay People who weren't there for something that happened hundreds of years ago is asinine.

But any way you cut it, abusing and killing kids is fucked.

My point is a 'day of listening' on the radio and flying the flag at half mast for a week is just empty gestures as usual.

What was done to the natives was awful. These empty gestures do nothing to fix it.

If you want to feel better about what happened, your going to have to sacrifice something real. Something that makes you personally suffer. Let's start with everyone who supports this crap gives up their homes.

I’m really sorry guys, I’ve read through some of the thread, but I am swamped with work and can’t really dedicate too much time to Sherdog right now.

Can someone provide a quick TLDR?

I am curious if they know how old the grave was? For instance, is this something that happened 100 years ago? Or recently?

Multiple graves?

I see it was at a catholic school, is the impression that it was done BY The Catholics?

I’m really sorry guys, I’ve read through some of the thread, but I am swamped with work and can’t really dedicate too much time to Sherdog right now.

Can someone provide a quick TLDR?

I am curious if they know how old the grave was? For instance, is this something that happened 100 years ago? Or recently?

Multiple graves?

I see it was at a catholic school, is the impression that it was done BY The Catholics?

Sorry, my friend. This is a pressing matter that requires some serious effort, on behalf of yourself, to grasp the reality of the Residential School era. Take some time.

All I am saying is these graves were not some new news. We were legit taught about this shit in high school and it's not some surprise discovery nobody ever expected

Because you were taught this doesnt mean everyone else was as well

Nice to see some people arent jumping to conclusions yet, also amusing to see people are getting their excuses ready for why these mass graves are there.

Wait it out instead of trying to steer a narrative.
Staying neutral is the safest bet for you I suppose. I guess it can be hard to believe children were murdered by their caretakers, huh?

Another 160+ undocumented / unmarked graves found in BC at site of former residential school.

"The Penelakut Tribe in B.C.'s Southern Gulf Islands says it has found more than 160 "undocumented and unmarked" graves in the area, which was also once home to the Kuper Island Residential School."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6100201

My research is on boarding schools here in the US, but I came across a document once in which the school administrator was excitedly talking up how their work was proceeding very close to schedule because there hadn't been any deaths for a couple months. I've read much darker documents from boarding school archives, but for some reason the sheer callousness of that one really stuck with me.
Anyhoo.

Is this another hoax?

Yes and no. There are mass graves out there, but the people in them died from disease, and not by CaNazi bullets. The Natives still have legit beef over being put through that system, but the whole "Every school was just executing all the Native children, and throwing them away like garbage", like the narrative is trying to paint, is bunk.

What point do you think you're making here, exactly, sharing the New York Post's bullshit on this subject?

A reasonable point would be that this country absolutely is not prepared to discuss that it wholeheartedly bought into absolute nonsense in the form of fabrication and obfuscation in regards to this entire story.

All of our media is aware of it, which is why they have almost entirely walked back sure language and replaced it with “supposed” and other such indeterminate phrasing, but none of that matters of no one is saying anything.

National monuments were destroyed over this, people’s communities were severely damaged, crimes were committed and have gone effectively un-investigated. And worse than all of that, in the minds of the vast majority of people, this is all still “true”.

That makes everything here worse. It poisons the minds of our people and has a terrible effect on relations between this country’s people.

Back