Crime Updated - Hundreds (751) of unmarked graves found at Saskatchewan Residential School

It’s interesting that there is never any context given with these reports. 215 graves found, roughly 125 years old or 50 years old?

That's why i am perplexed. This stuff was regular class stuff in social studies from grade 8 up. We have known about it for a long time. Why is everyone acting like it is new info?
I went to Catholic school for one. They never mentioned it.

My Native Dad went to a boarding school and was kicked out for whooping a bunch of staff members asses. Got to feel for people but at the same time you’ve got to whoop some ass. Let this be a lesson.

its very sad and no doubt there will be more bodies, but this is no reason to hate Canada. I came to this country with hardly anything and ive made it. Where I was born my country has killed many people to get where we are and everyone is proud to be the victor. This is not the way in Canada that is something to be proud of so I will be doing Canada day and wearing orange.

Sure we were bub
<WhatIsThis>

I'm not sure what's so perplexing. The story isn't that what we were told happened is exactly what happened. The story is what appears to have happened is worse than what we were told.

I went to Catholic school for one. They never mentioned it.

I don't know Catholic school. I went through provincial school shit in New Brunswick in the 90s and we covered the last of the Beothuks style stuff and a lot of topics in social studies. everything from Catholic school forced integration to diseases that wiped out tribes and caused these mass graves. Its not new news.
<WhatIsThis>

I'm not sure what's so perplexing. The story isn't that what we were told happened is exactly what happened. The story is what appears to have happened is worse than what we were told.
Nah. its the same stuff we learned in school 20 years ago. People are trying to act like these mass graves are something more than we already learned, which just isn't the case.

I don't know Catholic school. I went through provincial school shit in New Brunswick in the 90s and we covered the last of the Beothuks style stuff and a lot of topics in social studies. everything from Catholic school forced integration to diseases that wiped out tribes and caused these mass graves. Its not new news.

Nah. its the same stuff we learned in school 20 years ago. People are trying to act like these mass graves are something more than we already learned, which just isn't the case.

How did you learn 20 years ago that the reported dead could be much less than the actual dead?

How did you learn 20 years ago that the reported dead could be much less than the actual dead?
Congratz on a post that makes no sense. We knew decades ago from classes about mass graves due to diseases Natives could not fight off and large body counts.

Congratz on a post that makes no sense. We knew decades ago from classes about mass graves due to diseases Natives could not fight off and large body counts.

The historically claimed and accepted figure was about 4000 deaths. They've excavated like 3 or 4 schools and already found about 1,200. There are over 150 schools.

The historically claimed and accepted figure was about 4000 deaths. They've excavated like 3 or 4 schools and already found about 1,200. There are over 150 schools.
<Dany07>
The Historically accepted figure was in the millions for deaths by disease during colonization bud.

Show me a single link stating only 4000 natives died during this period of time

<Dany07>
The Historically accepted figure was in the millions for deaths by disease during colonization bud.

We're not talking about colonization as a whole. We're talking specifically about the period involving the residential school system.

We're not talking about colonization as a whole. We're talking specifically about the period involving the residential school system.
In Which the number of deaths due to disease is still in the tens of thousands.

In Which the number of deaths due to disease is still in the tens of thousands.

The TRC report was that of 150,000 attendees, 4,100 did not return home. This is just not true, maybe you need to head back to school.

The TRC report was that of 150,000 attendees, 4,100 did not return home. This is just not true, maybe you need to head back to school.
Sure they are bud. feel free to post links and stats for fact checking. I mean links that run contrary to the truth and reconciliation stats already publicly available

Sure they are bud. feel free to post links and stats for fact checking. I mean links that run contrary to the truth and reconciliation stats already publicly available

What do you think TRC stands for in my post?

<Dany07>

"The report noted that an estimated 150,000 children attended residential schools during its 120-year history and an estimated 3200 of those children died in the residential schools. From the 70,000 former IRS students still alive, there were 31,970 sexual or serious sexual assault cases resolved by Independent Assessment Process, and 5,995 claims were still in progress as of the report's release"

My bad, they reported 3200 deaths, not 4100.

And you are unable to remain on topic. This thread is about the residential school system in Canada as operated by the Catholic Church and Canadian Government from late 1800's to late 1900's and the atrocities perpetrated on children as a result. Not the state of indigenous tribes and any inter-tribal warfare from the colonial era.
Just to add, there were Christian and Anglican operated Residential Schools as well.

Nice to see some people arent jumping to conclusions yet, also amusing to see people are getting their excuses ready for why these mass graves are there.

Wait it out instead of trying to steer a narrative.

What do you think TRC stands for in my post?

<Dany07>

"The report noted that an estimated 150,000 children attended residential schools during its 120-year history and an estimated 3200 of those children died in the residential schools. From the 70,000 former IRS students still alive, there were 31,970 sexual or serious sexual assault cases resolved by Independent Assessment Process, and 5,995 claims were still in progress as of the report's release"

My bad, they reported 3200 deaths, not 4100.
Your link is using fucked stats then. In high school they taught that way higher numbers than that passed away and were acknowledged.

Nice to see some people arent jumping to conclusions yet, also amusing to see people are getting their excuses ready for why these mass graves are there.

Wait it out instead of trying to steer a narrative.
All I am saying is these graves were not some new news. We were legit taught about this shit in high school and it's not some surprise discovery nobody ever expected

Last edited:
Back