UPDATED 9/23: Training with White Belts...

thaiboxgrappler said:
Do you train?

Of course he doesn't.

That's why he's lost the entire context of what is being said here.

Wasn't it obvious he didn't train? I knew it the first time he posted.

sellout007 said:
Have I? Yes. Do I now? No.

Now please in your infinate wisdom tell me what that has to do with what I am saying?

Just asking a question, kiddo. By the way, your spelling is atrocious.

So you have. What in? Where? For how long? Why did you stop?

SamboKing said:
Of course he doesn't.

you wrote a misleading story. You should have said this kid is screwing around on the mat doing all sorts of shit, almost fucked up someones ankle, and THEN he kicks me in the head.

All you said was, some kid kicked me in the head and he apologized. I want to kick his ass. Your a shitty storyteller no offense. I'm not suprised people are flaming you.

SamboKing said:
Of course he doesn't.

Keep showing your ignorance, you wear it well. For someone that has been training for 5 years, you sure are bitching about getting poped in the face. Your also bitching an awful lot about a new kid on the block. You figure in 5 years you would have encountered this plenty of times and figured out how to deal with it.

I have been training judo for 6 years and mma/bjj for a bit over a year now.
Some newb's come in and do dumb shit. Not everyone, but a certain percentage. They think watching mma makes them know how to fight. For the vast majority you can just pull them aside and talk to them, explain that training is not a tournament, and that they need to chill the fuck out. If you approach them like a fellow human, a good proportion will ease up.

Some people are just fucktards though. You can talk to them a dozen times and they still don't get it. You will see them trying heelhooks they saw on a UFC, tossing girls on their head, etc. Thes people will continue to be unappologetic and continue their antics until they are taught a lesson. When you see people like this, and they don't stop doing dangerous shit, you have to beat the crap out of them. It is a moral obligation. Usually these guys quit at this point, since the vast majority are pussies, and will never become fighters or martial artists of any repute. If they still don't get the message after the beating, you need to remove them from your club.

bal541 said:
you wrote a misleading story. You should have said this kid is screwing around on the mat doing all sorts of shit, almost fucked up someones ankle, and THEN he kicks me in the head.

All you said was, some kid kicked me in the head and he apologized. I want to kick his ass. Your a shitty storyteller no offense. I'm not suprised people are flaming you.

Actually just you, sellout (non training newbie), the last 2 pages are basically people who have trained and know what I'm talking about.

Nice try, good luck with the double yellows kiddie. :redface:

bal541 said:

Exactly my point. He bitches about something, then people harp on him, then he changes his origional argument. Then ignores comments and acts childish. Whats he expect? haha

DonkeyPuncher said:
I have been training judo for 6 years and mma/bjj for a bit over a year now.
Some newb's come in and do dumb shit. Not everyone, but a certain percentage. They think watching mma makes them know how to fight. For the vast majority you can just pull them aside and talk to them, explain that training is not a tournament, and that they need to chill the fuck out. If you approach them like a fellow human, a good proportion will ease up.

Some people are just fucktards though. You can talk to them a dozen times and they still don't get it. You will see them trying heelhooks they saw on a UFC, tossing girls on their head, etc. Thes people will continue to be unappologetic and continue their antics until they are taught a lesson. When you see people like this, and they don't stop doing dangerous shit, you have to beat the crap out of them. It is a moral obligation. Usually these guys quit at this point, since the vast majority are pussies, and will never become fighters or martial artists of any repute. If they still don't get the message after the beating, you need to remove them from your club.

Oh crap, it's like you KNOW this guy.

He DID toss a girl on her side, and she got winded. That happens a lot actually, but the fact that it happened that night makes me think this guy is just an asshole.

SamboKing said:
Well, do what you're best at!

Hold on let me go call my 5 year old cousin so she can give me a good comeback. *shakes head*

Im taking my leave as the intelligence lvl from the thread starter is serious lacking. Instead of insults, maybe try and have an actual intelligent conversation. Guess your abocve that right?

SamboKing said:
I think for any of us who have attained any sort of rank in a martial art (JJ, Judo, Sambo, etc), we can all relate to the point about to make next.

I fucking hate training with white belts.

Friday nights I train Judo at a local club, but Sambo, JJ guys come over to train take downs and ground work as well. I'm a brown belt in Judo, Purple belt in Jiu-Jitsu, and wrestled for over 5 years, and what happened to me on Friday hadn't happened to me in all those years of grappling.

We were doing standing randori, and this cocky white belt bjj kid "attempts" to do a flying armbar, and ends up "kicking" me in the fucking head because he does the move incorrectly (kicked up to get his legs high instead of jumping to the correct height). Later on he apologizes and says he wanted to try it "because David Camirillo did it on TV", I wanted to put his head into a wall. Just 15 minutes before he tried an illegal leglock he "also saw on a highlight clip" on a white belt nearly breaking his ankle.

Honestly, I've trained with multiple degree BJJ and Judo artist before and have never come home with a huge knot on my head. I think I'd rather train against a BB who can tap me at will than any white belt just for the fact that white belts do some stupid shit and getting hurt by "stupidity" is probably more frustrating than getting tapped anyday. I have fought some evil thoughts the past day or so, but now I'm pretty controlled (I still want to crank his arm in newaza just to send a message).

As it is, please comment if you feel the same way (MMA/vale tudo people too).

what a sob story

SamboKing said:
I think for any of us who have attained any sort of rank in a martial art (JJ, Judo, Sambo, etc), we can all relate to the point about to make next.

I fucking hate training with white belts.

Friday nights I train Judo at a local club, but Sambo, JJ guys come over to train take downs and ground work as well. I'm a brown belt in Judo, Purple belt in Jiu-Jitsu, and wrestled for over 5 years, and what happened to me on Friday hadn't happened to me in all those years of grappling.

We were doing standing randori, and this cocky white belt bjj kid "attempts" to do a flying armbar, and ends up "kicking" me in the fucking head because he does the move incorrectly (kicked up to get his legs high instead of jumping to the correct height). Later on he apologizes and says he wanted to try it "because David Camirillo did it on TV", I wanted to put his head into a wall. Just 15 minutes before he tried an illegal leglock he "also saw on a highlight clip" on a white belt nearly breaking his ankle.

Honestly, I've trained with multiple degree BJJ and Judo artist before and have never come home with a huge knot on my head. I think I'd rather train against a BB who can tap me at will than any white belt just for the fact that white belts do some stupid shit and getting hurt by "stupidity" is probably more frustrating than getting tapped anyday. I have fought some evil thoughts the past day or so, but now I'm pretty controlled (I still want to crank his arm in newaza just to send a message).

As it is, please comment if you feel the same way (MMA/vale tudo people too).

I hate arrogant prick brown belts in judo who have been given their belt so they can compete and haven't earned it.

Maybe that kid is just an ass, so don't go blaming it on all whitebelts.

thaiboxgrappler said:

No answer?
Ok. I'll give you some credit and assume your trained in, oh, let's say American Karate for a good six months 5 years ago. You received your blackbelt from National Karate and decided that, since the world of martial arts abviously held no more challenges for you, you'd embark on a new journey, one full of such enriching pursuits as insulting people online and watching TV.

Close?

Let it go. If he's really causing problems someone will talk to him about it. Especially about the leg lock stuff. The best way to humble anyone is tap them out a few times in a row. The kick to the head? It is a combat sport. And I know for a fact that you've accidentally hit someone before....if not you're lying about your purple belt. You'll live....Less posting, more rolling plz.

thaiboxgrappler said:

Kiddo? Im older then you bub. not by much but I squeak by. O)

I have done a bit of judo, bjj, and some karate. I admit nothing super serious. A friend of a friend has his own school and I am always invited to go and join class and spar after class. I have seen my fair share of idiots. I stopped going because Im lazy and it was something I did as an activity and something I just enjoyed to do in my spare time. I go occasionaly for fun but nothing serious. Would I like to train more? Of course, but I have more important things I need to be doing.

BTW I never said I was a good speller, but its mostly due to my typing skills. I can type fast, my fingers sometiems out run my brain.

And this thread has run its course, im outta here as its 1am already. Im glad you at least could hold a conversation without turning into a 13yr old.

SamboKing said:
learn to spell.

Also answer thaiboxgrappler's question.

This coming from someone who has ignored every post of mine. Grow up, stop crying like a child. Youll get more respect.

sellout007 said:
Kiddo? Im older then you bub. not by much but I squeak by. O)

I have done a bit of judo, bjj, and some karate. I admit nothing super serious. A friend of a friend has his own school and I am always invited to go and join class and spar after class. I have seen my fair share of idiots. I stopped going because Im lazy and it was something I did as an activity and something I just enjoyed to do in my spare time. I go occasionaly for fun but nothing serious. Would I like to train more? Of course, but I have more important things I need to be doing.

BTW I never said I was a good speller, but its mostly due to my typing skills. I can type fast, my fingers sometiems out run my brain.

And this thread has run its course, im outta here as its 1am already. Im glad you at least could hold a conversation without turning into a 13yr old.

Whoops! *covers mouth*

thaiboxgrappler said:
No answer?
Ok. I'll give you some credit and assume your trained in, oh, let's say American Karate for a good six months 5 years ago. You received your blackbelt from National Karate and decided that, since the world of martial arts abviously held no more challenges for you, you'd embark on a new journey, one full of such enriching pursuits as insulting people online and watching TV.

Close?

No I had an asnwer, I just missed your post in the refresh. Calm down cowboy.

And no your completely off, but it was a decent attempt. I guess I was wrong about holding an intelligent conversation. Oh well, I tried.

But regardless, wether I trained or not, my comments still hold water and my training/non training have no bearing on anything I have said in this thread. Im sorry that you and samboking cant understand that. Its cool though, to each his own.

I got kicked in the face by a purple belt once... as he was passing his foot in front of my face for an armbar...broke my nose...I hate purple belts...LOL

I am thinking you have already complained to everyone you know in "real life" and they have told you to suck it up, and so you have to come on to the anonymous world of Sherdog and find if anyone in the rest of the world will give you some sympathy...

We were all white belts once...fact...one in ten is a dickhead...fact...you are overreacting...FACT... :icon_excl

Take a chill pill my man, and hold that next triangle on him just a little longer than you need to.

Can't we all just get along?

Back