UPDATE: St. Louis DA to charge couple. Old white couple point guns at protesters

Yes I'm sure she's pointing the gun at a duck target across the street whilst having a breezy conversation with her new friends.

Seriously why are you using this tactic, it's dumb, and taking into account eyewitness testimony, additional footage that is bound to come out, and common sense, it's a losing tactic legally. If I were her lawyer I'd use a defense centered around her emotional state at the time of the incident and argue that she was, from her perspective, in "reasonable fear for her life or the life of others (her husband)". You might even be able to argue that her emotional state rendered her temporarily insane. Many people like myself have some level of sympathy for the fear this couple were in and how it could be a mitigating factor.

I have a feeling you're going down with the ship on this one, but I'm trying to help.
Did they or did they not break property to get onto property?

You keep saying that like it's a threat.. In most places you'd rather people know you defend your property and family.
And despite your trying to make a point of this, I'd bet the mob will steer clear of that hood.
It's only a matter of time until someone lets go an AR on the "mostly peaceful protesters". You can only antagonize people so much before there being retribution.
"oh my god, burn my house, rape my wife, just don't dox me"... GTFO

This is absolutely the case. Citizens will soon start showing these mobs how peaceful they can be. It won’t take but a couple of these incidents, for the rats to disperse.

*Like*

Leftists want to abolish Police, take away your ability to defend yourself, and punish you if you defend yourself.

Enough is enough, and it is time for a change.
Don't worry , there's likely to be a change come November.

update, DA wanting to charge the couple over the violence they displayed towards the peaceful proesters

The protesters weren't even on their property.

lsW5MlC.png

Let me guess; DA is up for reelection? This shit is getting tossed, but it was nice of her to virtue signal for her constituents .

They escalated things? What do you call smashing down the gate and trespassing? Is that not escalation?

Of course it is. I never said it wasn't. Escalation can happen multiple times in the same encounter. Have you never seen a bump in a bar or a stupid comment escalate into a full fledged fight because both sides keep escalating?

The protestors were wrong. She escalated the situation by pointing a gun at them with her finger on the trigger.

Last edited:
Did they or did they not break property to get onto property?
Damn, that's all you could pull out of my post?

Yes, they did, which is why I suggested the "reasonable fear" defense in the first place instead of your dumb assertion that she wasn't pointing the gun at anyone. What do you think?

Another option would have been to go talk to them ...

If the mobs in the news recently have been non-violent like the media keeps telling us, then that would be an option.

But I get it. These people defended themselves via deterrence and that makes you mad.

Did the people defending their property break a law? we have to uphold the laws and if we don't agree with the laws we must change them, that's what allows for the progression of society... if mobs rule then we have confusion and chaos...

imo those people did what they thought they had to do to defend themselves and their property, they didn't harm anyone and had the mob not come to their yard there would have been no need to defend. In a time where police are either not doing their jobs or not being allowed to do their jobs who will protect the public? We have to... Those two guns wouldn't have stopped the mob had they wanted to advance but had the guns not been there whats to say the mob wouldn't have advanced?

They brandished their weapons which is a crime in Missouri which is probably why they are being charged. Open carrying is not illegal in Missouri but they should've kept the barrels pointed either up or to the ground.

I am sympathetic to the concern of a property owner in these times but at the same time they seem like some of the gung ho guys in the WR who love the idea of using their guns against protestors or home intruders. That said its not like we're talking about someone who pulled out their gun in the middle of an argument at a bar, these are trying times and I think they had some reason to be worried so I hope that even if they are convicted that they're not punished too harshly.
You don't think a gun should be used on Home intruders?

It's this crazy logic that you would rather have 100 cops killed by criminals resisting arrest over one criminal killed by a cop during the same process.

If the mobs in the news recently have been non-violent like the media keeps telling us, then that would be an option.

But I get it. These people defended themselves via deterrence and that makes you mad.
As I've said earlier I don't have a huge problem with them being armed and on their property but it wasn't very bright , the protesters were just walking past their house , the couple showed themselves to be cowardly if anything .

But hey continue with your whingeing

Damn, that's all you could pull out of my post?

Yes, they did, which is why I suggested the "reasonable fear" defense in the first place instead of your dumb assertion that she wasn't pointing the gun at anyone. What do you think?
From everything that I've seen in the court of law there is no proof that she actually pointed at any individual or group.

As I've said earlier I don't have a huge problem with them being armed and on their property but it wasn't very bright , the protesters were just walking past their house , the couple showed themselves to be cowardly if anything .

But hey continue with your whingeing
You idiots keep saying this I don't know why. They broke a gate to get onto their property.

Back