UPDATE: St. Louis DA to charge couple. Old white couple point guns at protesters

They brandished their weapons which is a crime in Missouri which is probably why they are being charged. Open carrying is not illegal in Missouri but they should've kept the barrels pointed either up or to the ground.

I am sympathetic to the concern of a property owner in these times but at the same time they seem like some of the gung ho guys in the WR who love the idea of using their guns against protestors or home intruders. That said its not like we're talking about someone who pulled out their gun in the middle of an argument at a bar, these are trying times and I think they had some reason to be worried so I hope that even if they are convicted that they're not punished too harshly.
Did you just take a sensible, nuanced stance on this issue? How dare you, sir. How. Dare. You.

Better listen to this totally neutral and objective poster @lfd0311. He once enlightened me about those people protesting SAH orders, so they could earn a living. Turns out, they were just out there because they wanted a haircut. @Kafir-kun just really knows how to cut out the partisanship, and give good, honest, and most importantly, neutral perspectives on any given topic...
OK since you're a paragon of impartiality, let's try this. Please read this post...

I think they are morons but id have a hard time convicting them for several reasons. 1 no one got hurt .....2 if that is a crime just about every cop in america should be charged for it and 3 even though i think ol dude and his wife did the wrong thing in the situation .... a large group of protesters gathering near by is a cause for alarm and feeling threatened. They didnt know if shit was gonna get ugly and weve all seen the news recently.

I think they are foolish and made the wrong decision but its not hard to sympathize with them......or the protesters .... theres more than enough anxiety to go around at this moment in history.
Then please read this reply...
The cops are all unanimously wrong, and so are these people who had the audacity to defend their property. Got it. Makes total sense.
And tell us your opinion on whether you think it was a coherent and rational interpretation and retort.

st-louis-couple-guns-rt-jt-200629_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

hypatia-h_bee727f9e6f4db80a0a9141c9c021346-h_58143290f08321bf11c36b17e1135657.jpg

Uhhh....

Bro???
She's not pointing at anyone in the picture, it's a pretty obvious distinction.

Unfortunately though for these people they destroyed property to get onto private property.

What is it with you motherfuckers thinking anyone is afraid of black people? Need the false ego boost?
You equated a peaceful protest walking through a neighborhood to "500 BLM protesters at your doorstep." Sure sounds like fear to me. Also what do you mean by "you mfers" aka "you people?" Just because people don't look or sound like you, that doesn't mean that they mean you harm, ok little buddy?

You equated a peaceful protest walking through a neighborhood to "500 BLM protesters at your doorstep." Sure sounds like fear to me. Also what do you mean by "you mfers" aka "you people?" Just because people don't look or sound like you, that doesn't mean that they mean you harm, ok little buddy?

Keep reachin dude, you'll touch those toes someday.

BLM have murdered people and destroyed property with their rioting.

You're soooo tough, too, btw. I can tell by the way you type.

Unfortunately though for these people they destroyed property to get onto private property.

Are you a mentalist? Do you actually believe what you just wrote?

Keep reachin dude, you'll touch those toes someday.

BLM have murdered people and destroyed property with their rioting.

You're soooo tough, too, btw. I can tell by the way you type.
So what do you mean by "you people?" And yes I am tough, thank you for noticing.

Her finger is not even just on the trigger, it actually goes all the way through the trigger guard lol.
What if she slips?

But what about riots and looting in other places? Sure those people are just walking by but in other cities stuff happened! If they HADNT pointed guns at them, they would have been raped and murdered for sure. #MAGA. /s

Yes I'm sure she's pointing the gun at a duck target across the street whilst having a breezy conversation with her new friends.

Seriously why are you using this tactic, it's dumb, and taking into account eyewitness testimony, additional footage that is bound to come out, and common sense, it's a losing tactic legally. If I were her lawyer I'd use a defense centered around her emotional state at the time of the incident and argue that she was, from her perspective, in "reasonable fear for her life or the life of others (her husband)". You might even be able to argue that her emotional state rendered her temporarily insane. Many people like myself have some level of sympathy for the fear this couple were in and how it could be a mitigating factor.

I have a feeling you're going down with the ship on this one, but I'm trying to help.

Or go outside, antagonize an angry mob who knows where you live and who will learn your names and your work and put it on the internet. Seems like a reasonable alternative.
You keep saying that like it's a threat.. In most places you'd rather people know you defend your property and family.
And despite your trying to make a point of this, I'd bet the mob will steer clear of that hood.
It's only a matter of time until someone lets go an AR on the "mostly peaceful protesters". You can only antagonize people so much before there being retribution.
"oh my god, burn my house, rape my wife, just don't dox me"... GTFO

Easy to pontificate when there aren't 500 BLM types outside your door step.

Of course ya gotta get the dig at the "white man", pussy boy.
Another option would have been to go talk to them ...

Back