UPDATE: Darren Till now the betting favorite (-140) against Tyron Woodley (+110) @ UFC 228

The line has moved because of how bad Woodley looks. I can't believe people are so dumb as to not realize this.

Till actually doesn't look that bad. Don't get me wrong, he looks drawn as hell, but his mood and cognitive ability isn't Holloway-like, which is NOT the case for Woodley.

Woodley looks sooo bad. He's extremely irritable and was yesterday, too. I keep saying it, but he looks jaundice (yellow), which is a sign his liver is in serious stress.

He either misjudged the cut or is ill. It's weird because Woodley said he was already in the 70s yesterday when Till was 182.

Gut keeps telling me Till is going to pull it off this Saturday.

Just watched some interviews with Woodley from yesterday and it seems like this weight cut is worse than the previous ones. Can't remember Woodley looking and sounding as bad as he does before a fight. Interesting.

Except the Maia fight, Woodley has always been the underdog for the last 5 fight, and he beat them all

117159a9a34dfba0d4c0a9f37d85cced.png

Woodley was snapping at a reporter for asking him whether he'd use his offensive wrestling against Till. Woodley was saying he won't use his offensive wrestling, which seemed a strange admission of gameplan to me. Didn't get the feeling he was bluffing, either.

Don't just look at Woodley, actually watch his interviews both yesterday and today. He had to hold back from wanting to fight reporters for asking him questions and would ask them their own questions right back to them. He's in a real bad place.

Don't just look at Woodley, actually watch his interviews both yesterday and today. He had to hold back from wanting to fight reporters for asking him questions and would ask them their own questions right back to them. He's in a real bad place.
Yeah I can't remember Woodley looking this uncharacteristic before a fight. He's been out for more than a year and he's 36. We know he's a big WW. I'm not sure how bad Woodley will look tomorrow.

Woodleys injured, bookies know, odds have shifted?
Maybe that's why till kept talking about his injuries? So Woodley couldn't fire it out as an excuse after or use them to pull out?

images (9).jpeg

If I were gambling, I'd put money on Woodley now while the odds are good. The one xfactor that would have me nervous is, Till is the guy the UFC wants as champ.

And if it goes to decision, we know for sure who is going to get that "split" decision.

Honestly this fight is a toss up. If Woodley uses his wrestling though he can win.

Im pretty sure Dana swayed that betting line with his overhyped lies.

Except the Maia fight, Woodley has always been the underdog for the last 5 fight, and he beat them all

It's fucking ridiculous. The guy may be annoying but he is very likely the best welterweight that has ever existed: stud wrestler, beat the shit out of Thompson AND Till on the feet, outgrappled Maia, killed unkillable Robbie, yet he gets NO love. Any shortcoming he once had, he sured up by now. I would definitely take him over a Prime SP.

Last edited:
Honestly this fight is a toss up. If Woodley uses his wrestling though he can win.
With hindsight 20/20 now, it never was a toss up in my view. Till got wildly over hyped and even yours truly got honeydicked a wee bit. Till may be back, he is young and all, but he will have a harder climb now and may have to fight wrestlers like Uzzie & Colby. Also, how long can he stay at WW.

Wow, talk about being underrated! :O

I think it's a great matchup stylistically for Till, purely based on their styles and Woodleys ego.

Woodley could easily mix up faints with level changes, shoot for explosive doubles and control Till, en route to A decisive decision, we have seen better strikers than Till have their offence completely negated because they're petrified of the TD shot as they throw their strikes.

We won't see that though, because Woodley has done a Dan Henderson/Justin Gaetjhe, he had some success on the feet, knocked a few guys out and has fallen in love with his boxing, making him one dimensional, more importantly he isn't using his best attribute, wrestling.

Because TWoods ego will make him stand, I see Till using effective kicks, jabs and footwork to make it look like Woodley vs McDonald

Yikes

Woodleys injured, bookies know, odds have shifted?
Maybe that's why till kept talking about his injuries? So Woodley couldn't fire it out as an excuse after or use them to pull out?

View attachment 432583

The bookies didn't shift the line. The late money on Till did.

I'm assuming that people in the UK bit hard on the promos that BT Sport was running.

I'm assuming that people in the UK bit hard on the promos that BT Sport was running.

Exactly books dont shift lines. The gamblers do.
But it wasnt the late money that did it. Woodley actually shortened before the fight. Till had been getting bet since he opened at 2.4 went to evens a couple times before going to around 1.8 and back near to evens on weigh in day. Definitely a lot of scouse/uk/euro money on top of the rest on till. Size difference was a big reason along with woodleys layoff and questions about his cardio.

Same old story, us brits always get blinded by patriotism lol.
Worked well for me though, I backed Woodley sub (small) and Woodley outright big...
Next up, mcg Khabib... I got mcg at 6:5, now I need the line to shift for mcg and get similar odds for khabib

Back