UPDATE: Darren Till now the betting favorite (-140) against Tyron Woodley (+110) @ UFC 228

Not enticing enough to throw down on Woodley. Basically Even money.

Although this is about to be GSP/Hardy 2.0.

Till looked a wee bit nervous at the staredowns... This could be a toss-up, but you gotta throw down on the champ if he's an under-dog

I guess now we know who won the stare down.

Not surprising there. Darren till is a weight class bully that is size of middleweight and can fight at light heavyweight

I think the bookies and people putting money on Till are forgetting that this fight won't be a striking match with MMA gloves, which Tyron would still be very dangerous in. He can, ya know, wrestle? Something Till hasn't show he's particularly proficent in.

Maybe due to how drawn Twood is looking?
Yeah wtf, Till looks better than T-wood. I always had Till winning though. T-Woods got the rust, and he's coming back from an injury. T-Wood is no Dom Cruz.

This is CRAY CRAY! Till has beat no one, almost certainly lost to WB, has never been tested by a wrestler and Tyrone is a phenomenal, top class fighter who outstruck WB, melted Robbie in a punch, beat Gastelum. Who are these idiots putting all their money on a guy who got his ass whooped by Nicolas Dalby?

Woodley is 36, much smaller, coming off surgery, hasn't fought in a year and is either sick or struggling with the cut. That's a bad combination of things. I'd Till doesn't go blind this time he's gonna have pretty much every advantage.

British fans have a history of losing tons of money betting on mediocre fighters. Anyone who was a fan of boxing knows how much they bet on guys like Frank Bruno.
It's the whole British Isles. They bet with their heart and not their head. They made Conor a +300 dog vs 49-0 Mayweather, even tho he had NEVER boxed professionally in his life. It is great when their beloved fighters do fight, as it is a chance to win some 'easy money'.

Woodley is 36, much smaller, coming off surgery, hasn't fought in a year and is either sick or struggling with the cut. That's a bad combination of things. I'd Till doesn't go blind this time he's gonna have pretty much every advantage.
why u say he's struggling with the cut? He looked way more healthy than Till at the media day face offs to me, but I don't follow all the news so maybe he is

Definitely throwing some cash on T-Wood for this one.

giphy.gif

Same, I'm already dropping 100 on a KO Line because I'm that confident, but I'll definitely be taking a stab at the main line now.

As for him becoming the damn underdog, that's bullshit and very disrespectful. I get Till's got that confidence, and the hype behind him, but he hasn't really been tested against the best outside Cowboy, and Stephen Thomspon, and with that fight you could argue he was gifted a decision.

I'm a fan of Till, but Woodley's the more proven fighter with more tools to get the job done. Till's got the better striking, but Woodley is the more complete fighter with a far better resume, how they managed to make him the Underdog amazes me. He's got the speed, power, and the wrestling over Till.

The MMA Community in general has been poking the wrong sleeping bear in my opinion. Come Saturday night Woodley's gonna be looking to make a statement.

"He's old" "It's Till's Time" "Tyron's not a dominant Champ" Gonna be interesting to see how this dynamic changes when he wins.

Last edited:
Both miss weight and die.

Crazy
I made a thread on it this morning and I'm a little biased but it shits on this one

why u say he's struggling with the cut? He looked way more healthy than Till at the media day face offs to me, but I don't follow all the news so maybe he is
Check the first page of the thread. He sounds horrible in interviews. I did say he's either sick or cut isn't great. Could be either.

I think it's a great matchup stylistically for Till, purely based on their styles and Woodleys ego.

Woodley could easily mix up faints with level changes, shoot for explosive doubles and control Till, en route to A decisive decision, we have seen better strikers than Till have their offence completely negated because they're petrified of the TD shot as they throw their strikes.

We won't see that though, because Woodley has done a Dan Henderson/Justin Gaetjhe, he had some success on the feet, knocked a few guys out and has fallen in love with his boxing, making him one dimensional, more importantly he isn't using his best attribute, wrestling.

Because TWoods ego will make him stand, I see Till using effective kicks, jabs and footwork to make it look like Woodley vs McDonald

It’s because he’s black.

Racist motherfuckers

Check the first page of the thread. He sounds horrible in interviews. I did say he's either sick or cut isn't great. Could be either.
Thanks, brother man, will do. BTW, my Dad worked the night shift at a CVS in Harvard Sq. and Brady and Gisele came in last year. He said Gisele was a literal Amazon woman, absolutely huge, almost as tall as T-Brady. He talked to them for a bit too (he is biggest Pats fan ever, followed them from the time they were in Boston) and said they were both very down to earth and super nice.

Back