Unsigned Light Heavyweights

^ This. If he's throwing around these HW/SHW, think of what he could do to some light heavies!

I like it but he's staying in Asia, OneFC NEEDS to sign this dude, plus they like multiple division champs so he'd could be the 205 and 265 champ

I like it but he's staying in Asia, OneFC NEEDS to sign this dude, plus they like multiple division champs so he'd could be the 205 and 265 champ

I don't see anyone at 205 or up, in One, that could beat Ishii.

Couple of weeks ago Nick Biron won his pro debut by TKO.

Prospect vs prospect match, Artur Astakhov (12-3) vs. Max Nunes (16-3), for the ProFC Light Heavyweight title! Happens November 8th.

Jeremy Osheim vs Todd Stoute on the 30th. Two interesting looking prospects.

Sorry I've been a little M.I.A guys, the holiday seasons at work mixed with finals at school have been taking a toll on me. I'll be a lot more active here after Monday.

Now as for fight news:
Stephan Puetz lost by decision in the rematch against Viktor Nemkov. Disappointed, but I can't help but think we'll see a rubber match down the line.

Andy Clamp was scheduled to fight Łukasz Klinger on the 5th, but I'm having trouble finding results.

Carlos Eduardo and Ednaldo Oliveira are both fighting on 1° Round Combat today, against seperate opponents.

Also very excited for the upcoming Rizin tournament. Very good considering how shallow 205 has been outside of the major promotions. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Jiří Procházka victorious, definitely the dark horse.

Next week at Fight Nights: Battle 20 event first mma fight of Dmitriy Minakov, brother of Vitaly gonna happen. His opponent is Aleksey Sidorenko and they are fighting at catchweight (95 kg) but I think he is gonna move down to LHW someday.

Jeremy Osheim vs Todd Stoute on the 30th. Two interesting looking prospects.

I really like Osheim, although he's still extremely unproven. Should be interesting to see how he does.

Next week at Fight Nights: Battle 20 event first mma fight of Dmitriy Minakov, brother of Vitaly gonna happen. His opponent is Aleksey Sidorenko and they are fighting at catchweight (95 kg) but I think he is gonna move down to LHW someday.

Let's hope he has the same talents as his brother. Is he also from a sambo backround?

I really like Osheim, although he's still extremely unproven. Should be interesting to see how he does.

Win or lose, I could see both guys doing good things in the future.

These are the kind of prospect fights that I love and hate all at the same time. The winner should most likely move to the UFC. They're both young though, so a loss for either shouldn't set them back too far.

This fight is off, Rakic popped his knee in training as per his facebook.

From what I've read, it looks like Lukasz Klinger beat Andy Clamp by 1st round arm bar. Another disappointing loss for a prospect.

Carlos Eduardo got back on track, beating Kleber Silva by 2nd round keylock. Ednaldo Oliveira's fight was apparently cancelled for some reason.

Prospect vs prospect match, Artur Astakhov (12-3) vs. Max Nunes (16-3), for the ProFC Light Heavyweight title! Happens November 8th.
Nunes should take it, but he got a bad habit of losing when he gets close to a UFC contract.

Sucks for Clamp, hopefully he learns from that.

I thought Nemkov was injured, but I would like this rematch to happen sooner rather than later so I'm ok with it.

I think Nemkov just can't train for the fight in October because of health issues/sickness.

clinton williams 7-2 vs jake heun 8-4 added to wsof 26 dec 18th

Yay, my 1st Sherdog post. Keep an eye out for my MMA return. I've competed 8 times within the last 12 months in bjj, mma, boxing, and kickboxing. I will return to MMA after I win Legacy's first kickboxing title. Who would you like to see me fight when I Cum back?

TS, a bit unrelated but any guys you expect to try out for TUF 23? LHW will be cast.

I'm expecting guys like (and would be happy with):

Josh Stansbury
Jeremy Osheim
Jesse McElligott
Myron Dennis
Everett Cummings
Mike Fannon
Trevor Carlson
Mo DeReese
Karl Moore
Andy Clamp
Jordan Johnson
Karl Albrektsson
Alex Nicholson
Devin Clark
Cory Hendricks
John Lair
Paul Craig

There'll be the usual 8-5 or whatever guy who slips through the net but a cast involving some of those guys could be solid.

TS, a bit unrelated but any guys you expect to try out for TUF 23? LHW will be cast.

I'm expecting guys like (and would be happy with):

Josh Stansbury
Jeremy Osheim
Jesse McElligott
Myron Dennis
Everett Cummings
Mike Fannon
Trevor Carlson
Mo DeReese
Karl Moore
Andy Clamp
Jordan Johnson
Karl Albrektsson
Alex Nicholson
Devin Clark
Cory Hendricks
John Lair
Paul Craig

There'll be the usual 8-5 or whatever guy who slips through the net but a cast involving some of those guys could be solid.

If most of those guys were involved that would be the most stoked I've ever been for a TUF. I think it would be nice to have a nice mix of prospect (Mo De'Reese, Dominick Reyes, Jordan Johnson, etc.), a few more established fighters (Myron Dennis, Raphael Davis, Marcel Fortuna), and big middleweights or smaller light heavyweights who stay around 205 (Khalil Rountree, Devin Clark, Jesse McEligott). I think Josh Stansbury could get another chance as well, he got a raw deal the first time around. I'm excited to see how this season plays out.

a couple of these guys competing on MixFighter Season 4

Gadirov Fuad, Baku, Azerbaijan
Anton Nazarenko, Minsk, Belarus
Vahabov Vagab, Makhachkala, Russia
Isaev Abdul g Makhachkala, Russian
Mikhail Bureshkin, Minsk, Belarus
Pavel Tretyakov, Minsk, Belarus
Alibulatov Arthur, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Eslemesov Arslan, Moscow, Russia
Alexander Barbaryan, Rostov-on-Don, Russia

Yay, my 1st Sherdog post. Keep an eye out for my MMA return. I've competed 8 times within the last 12 months in bjj, mma, boxing, and kickboxing. I will return to MMA after I win Legacy's first kickboxing title. Who would you like to see me fight when I Cum back?

If this genuinely is Myron Dennis, I'm honored you would pick my thread to debut on Sherdog. As for your question, if you are still fighting for Legacy I would like to see you fight a guy like Aaron Rosa, Matt Thompson, or a Buentello rematch. If you are a free agent I would personally like to see a fight against either an ex UFC/TUF/Bellator guy like Ryan Jimmo, Kelly Anunderson, Cody Mumma, Dan Spohn, or Matt Van Buren, or a fight with a prospect like Mo De'Reese, Jeremy Osheim, Marcel Fortuna, or Josh Stansbury if he isn't signed off a win in his next match up. Good luck on fighting for the Legacy KB belt, and hope to see you post some more around here.

clinton williams 7-2 vs jake heun 8-4 added to wsof 26 dec 18th

I'm glad Jake has gotten to fight a few lower level guys honestly. He's still got some skills he needs to round out.

Mokhnatkin now fights with UFC vet Edinaldo Oliveira.

I like that fight, it's a good test against a ex UFC guy. Didn't even know Oliveria had returned since his release!

Also would like to add that Evgeniy Egemberdiev beat Cameroonian Donald Njatah Nya to improve his record to 4-0. With this win, he will move into the honorable mention section. I would like to see ONE look into signing him after another win or two to continue their trend of signing fighters from Kazakhstan.

Wouldn't mind seeing Nikola Dipchikov (14-3) get signed up by someone.

Won 13 straight fights, only 2 of his 17 fights have gone to a decision, and in his last 2 he's beaten Danny Mitchell (15-6) & Dmitry Samoilov (18-7).

Though he has been fighting at 195 pound & 200 pound catch weights a lot, so probably more of a middleweight than LHW.

If this genuinely is Myron Dennis, I'm honored you would pick my thread to debut on Sherdog. As for your question, if you are still fighting for Legacy I would like to see you fight a guy like Aaron Rosa, Matt Thompson, or a Buentello rematch. If you are a free agent I would personally like to see a fight against either an ex UFC/TUF/Bellator guy like Ryan Jimmo, Kelly Anunderson, Cody Mumma, Dan Spohn, or Matt Van Buren, or a fight with a prospect like Mo De'Reese, Jeremy Osheim, Marcel Fortuna, or Josh Stansbury if he isn't signed off a win in his next match up. Good luck on fighting for the Legacy KB belt, and hope to see you post some more around here.

That's a great list. I'll see if I can make some of these happen. I'm not signed any promotion because a lot of them wouldn't let me do boxing/kickboxing outside of them. Seems like more shows are starting to do mma/kickboxing events. Legacy is pretty cool for staying active though. Thanks for the kind words!

Good job on this thread so far.

I have a running list of my Top 25 Light Heavyweight Prospects at:
http://rankingmma.com/mma-prospects/light-heavyweight/

Paul L's Heavyweight thread has been excellent resource, so hopefully you keep this up!
Anyone know what's up with Brandon Ropati? Rumors of him on TUF 19 proved untrue. Upcoming UFC Fight Night in New Zealand, I thought he had a chance at getting signed...

That's a great list. I'll see if I can make some of these happen. I'm not signed any promotion because a lot of them wouldn't let me do boxing/kickboxing outside of them. Seems like more shows are starting to do mma/kickboxing events. Legacy is pretty cool for staying active though. Thanks for the kind words!

Nice one Myron, get yourself a pro-fighter tag so we can easily keep up with your progress.

Good job on this thread so far.

I have a running list of my Top 25 Light Heavyweight Prospects at:
http://rankingmma.com/mma-prospects/light-heavyweight/

Paul L's Heavyweight thread has been excellent resource, so hopefully you keep this up!
Anyone know what's up with Brandon Ropati? Rumors of him on TUF 19 proved untrue. Upcoming UFC Fight Night in New Zealand, I thought he had a chance at getting signed...

Ropati doesn't seem to have fought for ages. Regardless, if the UFC wanted to sign a Kiwi for the NZ card, Ropati was their man, not Daniel Hooker!

Mokhnatkin defeated Oliveira by sub.
He should be in bigger organization.
But Joe Silva dislikes -30 years old heavier fighters and Bellator isn't interested in Russians anymore.
WSOF or Rizin?

Jason Huebbe He's listed under heavyweight prospect thread, but he's a 205lber now.

I saw that Jonas Billstein and Joachim Christensen are fighting eachother for the GMC Light Heavyweight title at GMC 7 on November 7th.

The event also has Djamil Chan in his first Post-TUF appearance and the return of Bellator fighter Mikkel Parlo.

Some good fights!

Mokhnatkin defeated Oliveira by sub.
He should be in bigger organization.
But Joe Silva dislikes -30 years old heavier fighters and Bellator isn't interested in Russians anymore.
WSOF or Rizin?

Mokhnatkin is 25.

Back