Unsigned Light Heavyweights

Huebbe is going to be a killer, can't wait until he starts fighting again.

I heard he got to train with Jones a decent amount and gained a lot from Jackson MMA, but it just became too costly for him to train out there while not landing fights, as he had a pro fight get cancelled and another fight recently cancelled. He took a small bit of downtime as a result, but started the wheels back in motion. I'd expect for him to take a fight this summer.

Thiago Silva fights Marcus Sursa at Gladiator Cage Fights on 11/21 in St. Charles, Missouri. It's a part of some Blackzilians vs. Missouri event. Pretty solid regional card. Also the first post-UFC fight for Tom Watson.

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/36385-gladiator-cage-fights

Thiago Silva vs Marcus Sursa
Victor Moreno vs Valdir Araujo
Lucas Lopes vs Tom Watson
Josh Weston vs Andrews Nakahara
Rob Washington vs Yuri Villefort
Sal Woods vs Jake Constant
Chris Manuel vs Lucas Gwaltney
Zach Fears vs Cjay Hunter
Mike Carwile vs Montuelle Prater
Matt Murphy vs Gary Becker
Cory Lund vs Josh Epps
Chris Beal vs Ryan Sutton

Dalcha Lungiambula defeats Gideon Drotschie by submission due to strikes in round 4.
Tumelo Maphutha ruins Ruan Potts 205 debut and wins by decision.

That really derails EFC's 205 division.

Joachim Christensen defeated Jonas Billestein by TKO.
He is the only fighter defeated Puetz.
Should get some interests from bigger organizations.

Ray Sloan was signed by Bellator and will debut on 121 undercard!

That would actually be a really good rematch in M-1, but they probably want a Russian to have the belt instead.

Joaquim Ferreira submits Pavel Snigur in the second. Denis Goltso also defeated Roy Boughton, I felt this needed mentioning since they have both fought at 205 recently.

I feel like lhw may be the shallowest division. There is always people posting in Paul L's heavyweight thread. But this one is so stagnant.

Dalcha Lungiambula defeats Gideon Drotschie by submission due to strikes in round 4.
Tumelo Maphutha ruins Ruan Potts 205 debut and wins by decision.

That really derails EFC's 205 division.

As if that division wasn't bad enough already. I suppose they could give Tumelo the title shot, even though he just lost to Drotschie.

He's got a pretty nice streak going. If he doesn't do a Puetz rematch I would like to see him get the call up.

I feel like lhw may be the shallowest division. There is always people posting in Paul L's heavyweight thread. But this one is so stagnant.

It is a tough weight class, but it's got some nice prospects though. It's also got a lot of fighters better suited for middle weight, and some that prefer to fight up at heavyweight.

I would also like to add that Tomasz Narkun avenged his controversial loss to Goran Reljic by becoming the first man to ever stop him. Very impressive striking to add to his ground skills.

man, explode fight series and can crushing

his opponents records 8-10, 1-3, 0-6, 0-16, 2-3, 0-3

He should still be brought along slowly, 5 of his wins were in 2013. His opponent is 2-1 so it looks like he'll most likely stay undefeated.

Artur Astakhov won the Pro Fc light heavyweight against Davor Vidović instead of his originally planned match with Max Nunes. Hopefully they can reschedule that fight.

Matej Batinic (12-1)fights next week at FFC vs Ivan Brkljaca

Last edited:
Not sure if they've been mentioned or not yet. A couple of young LHW's to keep an eye on are Tassilo Lahr and Everton Dos Anjos. Neither are anywhere near ready for the big league's yet, but could be players in the future.

Tassilo Lahr, 20 years old, 4-1-0 record. He's a small LHW though and will probably drop down to MW in the future.
Everton Dos Anjos, 21 years old (turned 21 last week), 4-0-0 record. All wins in 1st round. Unlike Lahr, he is a big LHW and could move up to HW as he gets older.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tassilo-Lahr-122613
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Everton-dos-Anjos-139589

How do you feel about Lins opponent. He's not even an honorable mention here

Matej Batinic (12-1)fights next week at FFC vs Ivan Brkljaca

Glad to see Batinic staying active, he's still young enough to round out his skills before hitting a main stage.

I haven't been on this thread in a while so I have some updates. Adul-Kerim Edilov picked up a TKO win over Fernando Almeida. On the same card, 10-3 Gadzhimurad Antigulov won the Absolute Championship Berkut light-heavyweight tournament. There are also a few interesting match-ups scheduled. Jake Butler faces Mohamed Ali at OneFC 18: War of Dragons on July 11th, Stephen Puetz rematches Viktor Nemkov at M-1 Challenge 50, also on the card 12-1 Luis Fernando Miranda faces 7-2 Artur Astakhov.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back