Unsigned Light Heavyweights

1-0 Mo De'Reese is fighting 5-6 Rashaun Spencer at WSOF 11. It's good that they're possibly trying to build some guys in that division.

Latifi is in need of an opponent after Tom Lawlor dropped out of their fight.

The fight is taking place in Ireland, but considering there are very few notable Irish Light Heavyweights beyond Chris Fields (TUF 19), I'm hoping Maxim Grishin, Tomasz Narkun, or Stephan Puetz gets the last minute call.

The fight is taking place in Ireland, but considering there are very few notable Irish Light Heavyweights beyond Chris Fields (TUF 19), I'm hoping Maxim Grishin, Tomasz Narkun, or Stephan Puetz gets the last minute call.

As far as I know, Grishin is still injured. Which sucks, because I want to see him in the UFC the most. Fields seems the most likely due to it being in his neck of the woods. Karl Moore is the only other Irish light heavy I know of. 4-0, and last fought in December.

Last edited:
It'll have to be a European and laughably, it's gonna be Chris Fields I agree.

He's an awful fighter, as his performances on TUF have shown. Suppose it would help them give a fun, marketable LHW another win.

Grishin is injured, Narkun is under contract with KSW, Puetz is under contract with M-1.
I think Iain Martell is ideal cause he is UK fighter (Please, no Chris Fields).

What do you guys think of Zoumana Cisse as a replacement? He's 10-0, from France, and has looked impressive even against heavyweight opposition.

Grishin is injured, Narkun is under contract with KSW, Puetz is under contract with M-1.
I think Iain Martell is ideal cause he is UK fighter (Please, no Chris Fields).

Forgot about Martell, he deserves a shot, exciting style - he'd make for some fan-friendly fights.

What do you guys think of Zoumana Cisse as a replacement? He's 10-0, from France, and has looked impressive even against heavyweight opposition.

No he's not ready for it yet. I don't really see him fitting into the UFC now either. France has very little talent and he'll be the next big thing to come out but he still needs to develope.

22-2 russian kickboxer Vladimir Mineev makes his MMA debut at Fight Night: Battle of Moscow 16. He's only 24, so i'm excited to see how he makes the transition.

Tanner Boser vs. Denny Houle set for Unified MMA 20 on September 26th. The fight is set for heavyweight, but Boser usually fights at 205 and the lower end of heavy so I felt like it was worth a mention.

Ireland's own, Karl Moore is returning at Cage Warriors Fighting Championship 70 against 8-7 Llyod Clarkson. Moore is 3-0 as an am and 4-0 as a pro, and with a few more wins I could see him getting the call up since the UFC has Irish fever now.

Ireland's own, Karl Moore is returning at Cage Warriors Fighting Championship 70 against 8-7 Llyod Clarkson. Moore is 3-0 as an am and 4-0 as a pro, and with a few more wins I could see him getting the call up since the UFC has Irish fever now.

I would hope they'd ask Moore to get better experience under his belt than 8-7 Lloyd Clarkson, before signing him to the big leagues and tossing him to the wolves. Coz even guys like Cody Donovan and Richardson Moreira are alpha dogs compared to that level of competition.

I'd like to see him fight the better UK LHW's - a fight with Iain Martell would be quality. I suppose he beat 3-0 (at the time) Riche Knox which by UK 205lb standards, is one of the better dudes.

Promotional newcomer Cully Butterfield (13-3) has agreed to step in on short notice and face Ronny Markes (14-3) at WSOF 12.

MMAjunkie today learned from WSOF President Ray Sefo that Roufusport fighter Butterfield has agreed to take the matchup, completing the night

I would hope they'd ask Moore to get better experience under his belt than 8-7 Lloyd Clarkson, before signing him to the big leagues and tossing him to the wolves. Coz even guys like Cody Donovan and Richardson Moreira are alpha dogs compared to that level of competition.

I'd like to see him fight the better UK LHW's - a fight with Iain Martell would be quality. I suppose he beat 3-0 (at the time) Riche Knox which by UK 205lb standards, is one of the better dudes.
Agreed, I think with at least 2 or 3 more good showings after his next bout he should be ready. Martell on the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing on the next UK card.

Promotional newcomer Cully Butterfield (13-3) has agreed to step in on short notice and face Ronny Markes (14-3) at WSOF 12.

MMAjunkie today learned from WSOF President Ray Sefo that Roufusport fighter Butterfield has agreed to take the matchup, completing the night’s NBCSN-broadcast five-fight main card, which airs at 10 p.m. ET (7 p.m. PT local time).

Is Cully a natural 205er?

Last edited:
Back