Unpopular Opinions: UFC

-Dominick Cruz is a top 5 GOAT and it's criminal that he isn't mentioned as much in the GOAT talks.

-Darren Till would be MW champ if he ever decided to move up.

-Iaquinta beats T Ferg and everyone else at LW besides Khabib.

-Tyron Woodley is underrated and not as boring as people think.

Shoot.
giphy.gif

Agree with the woodley one which is what I immediately thought of, honestly never found any of his fights boring.

Imagine what khabib would do to bj penn

B.J. Penn won the Welter title by submitting the then Welterweight GOAT, Matt Hughes. Imagine Khabib trying to do that. Oh yea, that's right, Khabib will never fight at 170 pounds.

Khabib is way overhyped. Guys best win is RDA for crying out loud. That puts him roughly at Colbys level...
Khabib's victory over RDA as far as I recall was a tedious Khabib-esque fight.

So it was about twice better than Colby, who did nothing but hold RDA against the grid.
Can't even call RDA vs Colby a fight, honestly speaking.

mmmm
Let's see

1 - top 10 maybe, top five no
2 - lol no
3 - nope
4 - also no

There's a reason why these opinions are unpopular

-Dominick Cruz is a top 5 GOAT and it's criminal that he isn't mentioned as much in the GOAT talks.

-Darren Till would be MW champ if he ever decided to move up.

-Iaquinta beats T Ferg and everyone else at LW besides Khabib.

-Tyron Woodley is underrated and not as boring as people think.

Shoot.
giphy.gif

My unpopular opinions:

WMMA is an embarrassment and UFC should run away from it.

My understanding of GOAT- what they mean to say is "pound for pound GOAT". When I hear "Greatest fighter of all time", I think of the man who would beat any other man on the planet. Fedor is miles ahead of anyone else who has ever competed. To have someone like GSP on the same list is a tremendous insult to Fedor. GSP is very talented but certainly not among the best fighters of all time. He would be lucky to crack the top 100. I guess this is why I view the HW division as so much more important than the lower weight classes.

I think there should be tournaments. No more choosing who and when you fight. Fight your scheduled opponent on the scheduled date or fuck off. I think that a fighter should be ready and be able to adapt to different opponents.

Fighters should fight more often, as often as possible. Sometimes they only fight once per year.

UFC roster should be cut. UFC used to be about the best vs the best and their current roster has way too many people on it.

Weight cutting needs to go. Fighters should have to make weight as they walk into the cage. If they want to look for an advantage and be stupid and cut weight right before a fight, it's on them.

Purses should change from the current structure of 50% to show and 50% to win. It should be 50% to show and 50% to finish their opponent. Finishes should be encouraged as much as possible.

There should be more draws. Any close fight shouldn't go to a decision. A decision victory should only occur when one opponent has very obviously outperformed their opponent.

Should allow knees on the ground and soccer kicks.

Cruz is arguably for the back end of the top 10. Seven title fight wins is awesome, but others have eclipsed it, often in more demanding and popular divisions to boot. I would have liked to have seen an alternate reality where he didn't get injured and got to fight continuously from 2012 onward like a more regular fighter.

Jones, GSP, Fedor, Silva, and Aldo. Who is getting bumped for Cruz? And that's just the bare minimum without getting into the Hughes/Henderson/DC/Nog's of the game.

Till would 100 percent not win a title at 185, with the exception of a very short and generous path to the title, ala Bisping.

Agree about Woodley though. To my eyes, clearly the 3rd best WW in history by accomplishment, although hit or miss in terms of exciting fights.

Khabib's victory over RDA as far as I recall was a tedious Khabib-esque fight.

So it was about twice better than Colby, who did nothing but hold RDA against the grid.
Can't even call RDA vs Colby a fight, honestly speaking.

People like to act like khabib finished rda.. yeah, sure it was a dominant decision but rda looked unscathed and landed the harder shots on the feet.. then back to slowly working his way from being wrestle fucked.. repeat..

I'm not questioning the victory at all but i never felt like rda was in any kind of trouble, just fighting a really boring and unrewarding fight that he couldn't win..

Looked like "fuck, back to this shit again when taken down"..

Miesha Tate looks like a dumpster cat that scavanges for food at night and Ronda Rousey in all forms beats her looks wise and fight wise.

Everyone just gasses her in spite of their hate for Ronda’s personality, which I somewhat accept cos ugly personalities can make beautiful people ugly... but to say this spunk monkey is the Aphrodite of MMA is fucking hilarious. Saggy homegirl needs some shampoo and Lynx Africa.

View attachment 561617

Omg this is so accurate! I don’t think all of his is an unpopular opinion; there’s lot of people that think like us. She always has dirty hair, I don’t think she showers frequently.

Thanks for making me choke on my lunch with those last two sentences <45>

Vitor and Griffin got robed against Tito.

There's been like four entertaining WMMA fights ever.

Noone below 185, maybe even 205, should be considered in GOAT talks.

Conor would have had great run at LW in the UFC if he hadn't made so much money and gone on a break after the Eddie fight.

MMA will never be as big as the current mainstream sports.

UFC will be better when Dana fucks off.

Honda is the GOAT.

Chuck poked Tito in the eye.

Lord Chael threw the Anderson fight to make Andy a bigger star after the Maia debacle.
Chuck was notorious for his thumbs sticking out and gouging eyes in exchanges. Did it to Randy too in their second fight shortly before the finish. Gets lost to history to most though.

Miesha Tate looks like a dumpster cat that scavanges for food at night and Ronda Rousey in all forms beats her looks wise and fight wise.
What I would give to scavenge her dumpster and lick the tuna off her can

I agree about Al, he probably would beat everyone not named Khabib. Al would be a bad match up for Tony. Tony gets hit too much to fight Al.

I thought your AV was Miesha Tate until I read this and looked more closely.

Back