• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unless Ngannou lands a lucky punch

Francis will waltz into the pocket and decapitate Gane. Lol at people thinking that Gane is actually going to commit to strikes like he did with Lewis and Volkov

Guys these threads are so stupid. First of all MMA is completely unpredictable. Think of all these threads before gsp vs Serra. Holly vs Rousey. Conor vs Nate. The list goes on.

Secondly we all know Francis could put anyone out and none of us have really seen Gane take a good shot. We also haven't seen either really come back from adversity. It's an intriguing match up for sure but to act like any of us have a clue what's really going to happen is silly. Guess it's fun to speculate though.
Conor vs Nate 1 was not surprising at all lol.

Gane wins 7 out of 10 times, maybe 8 out of 10 imo.

Gane has the skillset to take Ngannou out, however everyone is getting way ahead of themselves by thinking Ngannou is some 1 rd brawler like Lewis. Ngannou has never been taken the distance standing and outpointed before standing. Ngannou has cheat codes in his hands that are 1 hit KO mode unlike any fighter I've seen. I don't see Gane as a HW Machida that can't be hit, he will be. He's a big guy and we don't know how his chin is, if it's good he should push the fight to later rounds and take over. But if Ngannou gets him good it's over.

You forget the Lewis fight?

He didn't fear the power of Lewis though.

Gane has proven to be better in 3 and 5 round fights than Francis.

I agree the longer this goes the better it is for Gane.

Ngannou doesn't sit back and look for a giant counter the way Lewis does. Lewis is plodding and slow, Francis is at least mobile (nowhere near gane), and he comes forward with multishot combinations far more often (than lewis)

It is an interesting fight for sure, I'm 60/40 Francis.

Until last Saturday I thought Ngannou would just rush Gane and starch him, but I've changed my mind.

Ngannou isn't even gonna get to have one defense. Gane will be at the top for a long long time.
I like Cyrils style. Aside from Overeem we dont have anything like this. He super technical and has cardio for days. Reem is a technical fighter but he doesnt have endless cardio.

VS Stipe we saw an insanely improved toolkit from Ngannou:

* IMPROVED TDD and wrestling, dude was trying to take down Stipe at one point

* More variety of kicks. Ngannou used to only really throw leg kicks, here we saw some high kicks and a front kick.

* A jab. Rarely saw Ngannou use a jab despite his ridiculous power and long reach.

* Level changes. Pretty crazy seeing Francis Ngannou of all people feinting the takedown. Don't know if they had any material effect, but they were there.

Patient, gameplan Ngannou is a fucking monster. What we saw from him in his last fight was a professional MMA fighter. Not just a guy throwing haymakers. Gane ain't ready for him now. His rise has been too fast.

And lastly, ya'll need to put some MF respect on Stipe's name. Im not even sure Gane gets past him at this point.
This is true, although no way stipe beats Gane. Stipe struggled with old man dc.

Until last Saturday I thought Ngannou would just rush Gane and starch him, but I've changed my mind.

Ngannou isn't even gonna get to have one defense. Gane will be at the top for a long long time.

So, you believe a win over Lewis is more impressive than a win over Volkov? lmao, what a casual.

We will have a new heavyweight champion. Gane has all the tools and abilities to beat Ngannou. Who do you think wins?

Gane doesn’t hit hard enough his greatest chance is him injuring Francis with low kicks but I have feeling Francis will do this to him to slow him down Francis doesn’t just punch harder he kicks harder 2

Ngannou has a tremendous chin and Gane isn’t known for one punch KO

I haven't felt the way about Gane since I saw Dominic Reyes, after both of their UFC debuts I felt like they'd be a future champion.
So expect Gane to win 3 ronds, lose a decision then get KOed brutally in his next few fights...

Francis has won his last 5 fights in about 9 minutes combined. At what stage does it become not a “lucky punch”.

GTFO with Ngannou landing a lucky punch
He is a KO artists in the truest sense

People don't realize it is going to be a chess match, maybe the most tactical fight in UFC HW history.
It went unnoticed but Ngannou completely controlled the range, the location and the pace of the fight against Stipe. He will have to do it again, against Gane, who is the master of exactly that.

The fight will certainly take place in the large octagon (unlike Ngannou-Mioci 2), which is in Gane's favor. Ngannou will work to cut the escape routes, while Gane will have to never get trapped anywhere.
Can Gane press Ngannou backward? He would be the first, but he was also the first to do that to Volkov.
There will be a battle of leg kicks too. Ngannou will try to catch Gane's leg when he is circling away. Can it make enough damage to cripple Gane's footwork?
Gane may try his own leg kicks, and Ngannou will try to counter them with decapitating punches.

Then there are body strikes. Ngannou's midsection seems carved out of concrete, he can definitely take more than your average fighter. Punches and liver kicks will expose Gane to deadly counters, he got caught by JDS trying to punch the body. Teeps are the safe option.

I see them being even in the clinch. Gane was not able to work Volkov, and Ngannou is certainly not weaker. Gane has nasty elbows, but I am pretty sure Ngannou has his own elbow game that we haven't seen yet.
In wrestling and grappling, they will be on par. I think they both have better TDD than offensive wrestling so good chance it stays on the feet, but they may try to catch each other by surprize there.

Gane has better cardio, but to make it count, he will have to push the pace to a point he has the advantage.

GTFO with Ngannou landing a lucky punch
He is a KO artists in the truest sense
He is a brawler at best with freakish power. His technique is atrocious, add poor cardio and ground game. The only reason he has made it this far is by fighting fighters on their way out. The heavyweight division has been poor and stagnant for so long.

Back