• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unless Ngannou lands a lucky punch

Dude's a trained MMA fighter, if a punch lands, luck won't be the reason why.

There is no lucky punch in a fight, thats BS that Rogan madeup. That being said Gane totally dominates him. Anyone like Ngannou who loads up and loads and loads up will be cannon fodder for Gane

Rogan made that up? Really? Wasn't it around before him?

I'd like to see Ngannou try to wrestle him. He has some submission wins and it would be a good time to showcase that again.

Lmao. A ko punch is now a lucky punch….. love sherdog.

Francis should just be training to blast double legs from here until the fight happens.. All that explosion in a TD?!.. GnP Francis would be scary!

Get on the phone with GSP, Francis!

There are no "lucky punches." People throw with the intention of landing. That's the point of throwing a punch. To hurt someone.

Guys these threads are so stupid. First of all MMA is completely unpredictable. Think of all these threads before gsp vs Serra. Holly vs Rousey. Conor vs Nate. The list goes on.

Secondly we all know Francis could put anyone out and none of us have really seen Gane take a good shot. We also haven't seen either really come back from adversity. It's an intriguing match up for sure but to act like any of us have a clue what's really going to happen is silly. Guess it's fun to speculate though.
MMA can be very predictable... having intimate knowledge of a fighter and good visualization skills can take you a long way

MMA can be very predictable... having intimate knowledge of a fighter and good visualization skills can take you a long way

Yea tell me all the thousands you won from parlay bets or better yet show me on the next ppv.

Ngannou hits likes a fucking truck and he s a fast Athletic heavyweight.

You re not talking Roy nelson here.

There is no lucky punch in a fight, thats BS that Rogan madeup. That being said Gane totally dominates him. Anyone like Ngannou who loads up and loads up and loads up will be cannon fodder for Gane

There are some but really the issue is repeatability isnt it and Ngannou has shown he had land big shots early often.

I think its really still quite tough to know just how good Gane's defence is because he's never really had to deal with someone dangerous forcing him into aggressive exchanges.

There are some but really the issue is repeatability isnt it and Ngannou has shown he had land big shots early often.

I think its really still quite tough to know just how good Gane's defence is because he's never really had to deal with someone dangerous forcing him into aggressive exchanges.
I know Ngannou has put guys away in UFC but the problem is they are all old and flat footed and very slow. Someone younger who is fast and accurate with a high skill level could clown him badly I feel, because Ngannou does load up a lot.

We will see what happens when they fight, but I just won't be surprised at all if he can't hit Gane flush and gets tired and beaten up

Lucky punch? The wind from one of Ngannou's punches knocks people out. Gane has been hittable, also. JDS landed some shots that, had they been shots from Ngannou, would have ended the fight.

This isn't a clear win for either man on paper. Good matchup.

I know Ngannou has put guys away in UFC but the problem is they are all old and flat footed and very slow. Someone younger who is fast and accurate with a high skill level could clown him badly I feel, because Ngannou does load up a lot.

We will see what happens when they fight, but I just won't be surprised at all if he can't hit Gane flush and gets tired and beaten up

Really though I think its quite hard to judge because thus far Gane has avoided much aggressive boxing, can he do the same against Francis and if not how will he fair? If he'd seen say opponents charging at Gane and his putting them down with powerful counters I would be more confident of him beating Ngannou.

The flipside I spose is Francis hasnt faced someone with Gane's technique and speed at range, we don't know how well his bullrush tactics will work in that situation although I would say the Stipe rematch was a positive step in his being effective without having to chase as much.

I think both mens superiority over the rest of the division and how little they've been pushed out of their comfort zones makes it quite hard to gauge there level and all round skill sets.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Ngannou try to wrestle him. He has some submission wins and it would be a good time to showcase that again.
3 months in Dagestan couldn't hurt. Frank needs to show up with a couple new tricks.

Gane has the skillset to take Ngannou out, however everyone is getting way ahead of themselves by thinking Ngannou is some 1 rd brawler like Lewis. Ngannou has never been taken the distance standing and outpointed before standing. Ngannou has cheat codes in his hands that are 1 hit KO mode unlike any fighter I've seen. I don't see Gane as a HW Machida that can't be hit, he will be. He's a big guy and we don't know how his chin is, if it's good he should push the fight to later rounds and take over. But if Ngannou gets him good it's over.

Back