If you think gane did enough in the 5th against ngannou…

RonDante

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
….Then that means jones is the lineal heavyweight champion

I know I’ll get some replies like “no way you think gane win the 5th, ngannou laid on top of him for half the round!”
but I think at this point there are a lot more people who realise actual impact wins fights, not smudging

Gane had more strikes, a takedown, and a submission attempt. Ngannou had a reversal and a few mosquito punches on the ground

So if you think gane win the 5th, then that means gane won the belt that night, defended it against tuivasa, and lost it to jones

I’m not a jones fan, maybe one of you has argued with me about him and can attest to that

But I don’t think a reversal and half guard is worth more than what gane did

Jon is the Line heavyweight champion

Y2amvaA.gif

I thought Gane made 1 mistake that cost him the fight.

Always laugh at the “NNN won on a bad knee”. Dude showed zero signs of his knee being compromised and was shooting power doubles ffs.

Now I’m not disputing he needed a surgery (like many athletes do) just often they’re still able to compete and the entire “one knee Francis” is a major exaggeration to dismiss Gane winning on the feet.

He got the surgery he needed a month and a half after the fight. But the entire “he fought on one leg” was extremely hyperbolic by his camp. He made it through a 5 round fight showing zero signs of issues. We all know that the last thing you’ll do on bad knees is shoot doubles.

IMG_9874.jpegIMG_9878.jpeg

IMG_9877.jpeg
Francis was grinding his knees into the canvas quite a bit of the fight and bouncing around just fine on them. He wasn’t this fragile one legged Thiago Santos people made him out to be.

Last edited:
Yes, I do. Much like i thought royval did enough in the 4th against pantoja.

but personally i just hate seeing lay and pray work, It should never work with how the rules are written today.

Yes, I do. Much like i thought royval did enough in the 5th against pantoja.

but personally i just hate seeing lay and pray work, It should never work with how the rules are written today.
You mean Erceg right?

Here we go again, smdh. We know Jon would devastate every ufc HW that ever lived - just look what he did to Gane because Francis ducked Jon...
<{cruzshake}>

Yes, I do. Much like i thought royval did enough in the 4th against pantoja.

The shitty criteria have been re-written to dissuade judges from scoring useless takedowns with no control time, but they have not eliminated the scoring potential of significant control time.

Judges can't just ignore 4 minutes of control time to go searching for an extra jab and then start bleating 'damage-based scoring, bro', like so many MMA fans do now.

In rounds where fuck all happens, lay n pray is still effective scoring.

The shitty criteria have been re-written to dissuade judges from scoring useless takedowns with no control time, but they have not eliminated the scoring potential of significant control time.

Judges can't just ignore 4 minutes of control time to go searching for an extra jab and then start bleating 'damage-based scoring, bro', like so many MMA fans do now.

In rounds where fuck all happens, lay n pray is still effective scoring.
Pantoja landed ZERO strikes in round 4. He was outstruck 0-7. I dont care how much control time you have. No submission attempts, no damage done at all, Round SHOULD be lost.

Pretty sure most people accept gane literally gave away that fight to ngannou from being an idiot combined with having no ground game.
That’s not what I’m saying, I’m saying that valuing SOMETHING over NOTHING, then gane won, defended against tuivasa, and lost his belt to jones, making all the jones Francis talk completely unnecessary becuase jones is the real heavyweight champion

I know I’ll get some replies like “no way you think gane win the 5th, ngannou laid on top of him for half the round!”
but I think at this point there are a lot more people who realise actual impact wins fights, not smudging

Gane had more strikes, a takedown, and a submission attempt. Ngannou had a reversal and a few mosquito punches on the ground

So if you think gane win the 5th, then that means gane won the belt that night, defended it against tuivasa, and lost it to jones

I’m not a jones fan, maybe one of you has argued with me about him and can attest to that

But I don’t think a reversal and half guard is worth more than what gane did
If you "Think" you can fly and then jump off the grand canyon it doesn't make you Superman. Same thing applied to thinking someone won a fight they lost.

Francis was setup to loose to Gane IMHO fighting with a serious knee injury against a fellow striker yet still won.

Totally standard Dana tactics to try and make sure a fighter who may leave does so on a loss.

A striker vs a striker is a bad match up?

Ummmm Ngannou’s weakness is wrestling.

Back