Underrated Fighters in UFC History - Sonnen

12 wins straight, all finishes

and all anyone focuses on are 2 losses

ronda is underrated on this forum

IDK about Busta though.
He was a belt holder,he gave up on it to go to Japan and he was pretty well known and respected.
BTT top head.
GJJ LEGIT BB.
Crispy boxing.

Chael's performance against Stann was as close to flawless in a big fight as I remember. Then had the presence of mind to do his "Anderson Silva you absolutely suck" straight away to help set the rematch up, great performance all round.

That was talked about for years afterward. Similar to when Nick Diaz burst on the scene, most people just thought he was a skinny bjj fighter but turned out he had boxing skills too.

Busta was visibly undersized against Chuck but I remember giving him two rounds.

He really should have gotten the decision against Henderson the second time too. He combined his boxing and wrestling really well in that fight.

Speaking of Diaz the skinny bjj guy. I got that ppv too and we had a keg and we had all seen both before and we were all a bit tipsy to start the ppv. Remember, they used to have those interview things before the fight (and they added it in the ppv promo) ? Diaz was like "He thinks he's better than he is, i'm gonna stand with him and knock him out" and we were all laughing our asses off. The obvious thing was he was playing that game, the talk shit and then grapple thing, but nope, that first round was edge of the seat and Nick threw nice combinations, countered and frustrated Robbie. Then methodically closed the show. It was basically when I realized not to expect a certain outcome. It was beautiful :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back