SuperNerd

Playoff Mode.
@plutonium
Reaction score

Sonnen's 3 picks:
Alexander Gustafsson
Murilo Bustamante
Maurice Smith

Before I clicked the video, I was hoping he would list Bustamante. He's on top of mine.

Bustamante was ranked #1 P4P at some point.

Underated AF indeed.

Last edited:
Severely OVERated fighters in UFC history:
1. Chael "The Snitch" Sonnen

Bustamante was #1 P4P at some point.

Underated AF indeed.

Only made this thread for a reason to talk aboot Bustamante in 2020

method=get&s=bustamante-murilo.jpg
> Hendo
tumblr_otai83lcY91qd4esao1_400.gifv

Sonnen clearly studied his fights
BelovedImmaterialArgentineruddyduck-max-1mb.gif

Props to Chael for giving Bustamante cred.

Properly rated to some. Overrated to some.

I can't stand this fucking guy, lol.

Bustamante is a great shout.
Igor

I don't agree with Gustaffson at all. He's way overrated. His best win in his entire career was a 29-28 against the ghost of Shogun yet people say he's up there or better than some of the GOAT LHWs.

Imo Gus had two tough losses to the two best and people overhyped him based on that.

Guy Mezger
  • His "loss" to Saku was absolute bullshit resulting from Japanese officials inexplicably stepping in and changing the contracted fight agreement on the fly after Mezger was up on points at the end of regulation
  • Was winning his Wand fight until he got put on queer street by an illegal headbutt immediately followed by a ko
  • Dropped Chuck and nearly finished him in late in the 1st before Chuck rode it out to the bell. Chuck came out and finished him in the 2nd tho fair and square
  • Lost a very controversial split dec to Arona after clearly winning every aspect of the fight's first 17 mins before Arona got his lone TD and laid on Mezger for the final 3 mins
So between the fuckery in the Saku/Wand/Arona fights and some bad luck/timing vs Liddell, Mezger came within a crooked asshair of having one of the best LHW resumes in early MMA history

Sonnen's 3 picks:
Alexander Gustafsson
Murilo Bustamante
Maurice Smith

Before I clicked the video, I was hoping he would list Bustamante. He's on top of mine.

He forgot to mention himself. Undisputed, undefeated.

Matt Lindland was... Thoroughly unlikable in every way though, so nobody will ever credit him.

I used to love watching him get KO'd towards the end of his career.

SerpentineLawfulAnteater-size_restricted.gif

81BrSTK.gif

Leg twitching like Elvis.

Nobody talks positively about the guy now, all his friends left him, he tried to screw over Hendo, he has no prospects, and is a forgotten figure... And nobody cares.

Last edited:
Underrated per Sherdog's opinion?

Daniel Cormier

Conor McGregor

Both top of the list. They get no respect here at all. DC is a top 10 all-timer easily, and McGregor is probably top 15 all-time pretty easily yet half the people here would scoff at those clear facts.

Rich “Ace” Franklin

Nate “The Great” Marquardt

Mike Thomas Brown

Guy Mezger is underrated too.

Guy Mezger
  • His "loss" to Saku was absolute bullshit resulting from Japanese officials inexplicably stepping in and changing the contracted fight agreement on the fly after Mezger was up on points at the end of regulation
  • Was winning his Wand fight until he got put on queer street by an illegal headbutt immediately followed by a ko
  • Dropped Chuck and nearly finished him in late in the 1st before Chuck rode it out to the bell. Chuck came out and finished him in the 2nd tho fair and square
  • Lost a very controversial split dec to Arona after clearly winning every aspect of the fight's first 17 mins before Arona got his lone TD and laid on Mezger for the final 3 mins
So between the fuckery in the Saku/Wand/Arona fights and some bad luck/timing vs Liddell, Mezger came within a crooked asshair of having one of the best LHW resumes in early MMA history

Came here to say this. He was so close.

I'd have to mention Miguel Torres
Good one -- I'll never forget Torres winning the WEC title. Chase Beebe dominated Rani Yahya from rounds 2-5 on the ground after losing the first round to defend his title (after winning it against Eddie Wineland). Miguel Torres then goes out there and submits Chase Beebe in the first round. He went downhill not too long after but damn he had a great career. I also felt he beat Demetrius Johnson (even though I made money on that fight).

Underrated per Sherdog's opinion?

Daniel Cormier

Conor McGregor

Both top of the list. They get no respect here at all. DC is a top 10 all-timer easily, and McGregor is probably top 15 all-time pretty easily yet half the people here would scoff at those clear facts.
McGregor is the most overhyped and possibly over rated fighter in UFC history.

I'm not sure about underrated, but I strongly feel that Tim Sylvia is very underappreciated.

Back