Undefeated boxing champs laugh at Conor's showing against Mayweather

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by SSgt Dickweed, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Kingz Gold Belt

Conor made more walking to the ring than these guys will make in their careers combined

2. SSgt Dickweed Red Belt

What a dumbass assumption. Both guys have the trajectory to at least reach Mikey Garcia paychecks (same trainers). Kind of early to call but they can possibly reach Canelo-level status.

3. Jesus ODI White Belt

lol just the reality bro maybe u live ina very
    gangsta? nah bro on the contrary i try to avoid street "no rules fights" cause i have seen people get stabbed, or shot for their cocky stupidity whats gangsta with that lol

4. Mga223 Steel Belt

Not true but whatever helps you sleep at night.

5. Steve-French What A Rush!!!

Wrong... Even before he boxed Conor was of the top paid athletes in the world. When all is said and done he makes around 20 million a fight in the UFC.

What does this matter for anyway. People will always bring up the fact the top boxers make more, but Dana and the rest of the UFC brass's salary shits all over what any other boxing promoter makes.

6. Cariñito Broner Brodie/Canelo Cartel/Errol Express/

There are too many MMA fighters, just on YouTube alone, losing real fights/not handling them very well.
    You dont see that shit with boxers. It just doesn't happen.
    Maiquel Falcao, BJ Penn, Don Frye, Jason Knight, Cody Gibson,
    Unsanctioned real fight, these guys are mediocre when there isnt a ref letting them go to their corners.
    How does Jason Knight get into a slugfest with two guys in a bathroom and nobody is hurt? Had to get broken up.
    Screenshot_20210113-233747_YouTube.jpg
    I dont see that shit happening to Canelo or Errol Spence which are around Jason Knights size I believe, comparably.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Jesus ODI likes this.
  7. Broke Lester Brown Belt

Really? That's the reality bro? Keep focused. We are talking about 2 pro fighters. 2 guys that have dedicated their lives to training hand to hand combat and somehow you think these guys would throw that all away and agree to a street fight with weapons? Yah bro, that's so realistic. Maybe I live in a very what?

8. eddymotto Red Belt

It was an exhibition fight that lots of suckers paid for

it was obvious that Floyd was carrying him

don’t take it personally. It was just business. The rubes enjoyed it & if they felt that got their money’s worth, that’s awesome. No need to be defensive.

& obviously both fighters got paid

9. IsoManatee Brown Belt

Conor did do well you broke back bitch. I laugh at anyone who sits on there couch and say Conor did terrible against Mayweather. Like was he supposed to win?

10. Jesus ODI White Belt

exactly thats why is stupid to think about them in a no rules street fight , ur kinda proving my point brah

11. Jesus ODI White Belt

oh theres actually a few stories down here in Mexico about some street fights of Canelo, when was very young ofc, long time ago he got sued by an amateur boxer who said canelo beat the crap out of him because of a girl lol

12. PrideUltimate Orange Belt

This ruins this sport. We need to aknowledge boxing is always superior. We like this human cockfighting. MMA ruined Vale Tudo. No brutal sport, just fancy pancy sport for you that competes against olympic sport.

13. Jesus ODI White Belt

sorry brah couldnt finished lol so i was about to say maybe u live in a place where kinda everyone knows each other or there is a culture of a one on one fight but not to death just for sport or a way to aliviate tensions bro but well where i am people who like to fight a lot on street fights , get shot or stabbed, ofc fighting skills matters but yeah i have seen that so many times

14. Cariñito Broner Brodie/Canelo Cartel/Errol Express/

Mayweather allowed it.
    At any point Floyd couldve ended the fight.

15. Do better Blue Belt

Box him then

16. fightfan70 Brown Belt

true story hard to beat a boxer at his own game.
    if there isn't any takedown threat it's usually game over.
    *tim sylvia poor guy was never the same after the fedor fight.
    and i cant believe don frye is stilll alive. talk about cte..

froggyluv likes this.
  17. LostMyBlackBelt Red Belt

Kylie Jenner has made more this year than you and every one of your living relatives will make in their lives, many times over.
    So does that make her a million times better than you?

18. Ironnik94 Perdition Belt

You did, well done man!
    Of course there's room for a variety of very slight but important technicalities in boxing as well!
    I just think that in sports like boxing and wrestling, you're (relatively!) fast at a point where progress will only come in super tiny portions from there on, whereas i'd say you could take any MMA champ and immediately point to an area in fighting where they've got a significant amount of room to improve, you know what i mean?
    I find the archetype thing cool as well, though i can also appreciate fighters who more or less started in MMA/started in several combat sports to immediately achieve a certain level of well-roundedness.

I don't blame you for wanting to see guys like Shabazyan fail too much, lol.<45>
    100% fair mate.
    I wouldn't advise any striker in MMA to use head movement to an extent where they'd lean back or so to crazy extents because i think it leaves you open for several things (basically also making it potentially super stupid in a RL scenario) though i absolutely love seeing boxers do it and very narrowly but in the end clearly dodging punches!
    It's an interesting topic overall and there are a lot of arguments for viewing it through either lens i think.
    Oh and i would love for knees to the head on the ground to be allowed!
    Same here man. Enjoy the talk with you really i must say.
    {<redford}
    I can only imagine what those knuckle-conditioning-drills look like... ouch.
    That's another reason why i'm a fan of open hand strikes or hammerfists, like you.
    They provide the majority of characteristics that a regular punch does but with dramatically decreased risk to hurt your hands.
    Those hammerfists from Dustin came out of nowhere, right?
    Recently watched that fight and liked them too.
    Appreciate the apology, i admittedly found it a bit strange the way you called me out, but i didn't take it personal or so, so no worries there man.

You're welcome and thank you too, as previously mention i really enjoyed it!
    <RomeroSalute>

19. Lee_ Yellow Belt

Tom Brady should not accept a challenge for a 1:1 basketball game with Lebron James. I wonder why.

20. Bowel-forged Stool Manlet belt Platinum Member

What use is KOing an old guy in a bar if you could instead make enough money to buy the old guy a bar