Unarmed man killed by police after reaching into waistband

I haven't seen the video on this shooting, but if you're pissed that a guy who brandished a BB gun was shot by police then you're going off the reservation a little. Most BB guns look quite a bit like a regular gun and besides you'd have to be either suicidal or an idiot to pull out anything that resembles a firearm when a cop has his drawn on you.

I think you automatically have to be suspicious of any officer that shoots an unarmed person, especially one involved in another fatal shooting. The previous incident involved a man reaching for a replica bb gun. That shooting was ruled justified as well. I tried to find the video of the more recent incident, but could only find still shots of the incident.

A man with enough meth in his system to kill a horse is not likely to make sound decisions, and reaching in your waistband while an officer with his weapon drawn is ordering you to show your hands will likely get you shot.

You get a pass for that. Those replica's are so real looking that it is very difficult to determine if they are real or not in the amount of time that the police officer has.

This can't be true, I thought it only happened to blacks?

This Richard Ramirez guy had quite the criminal history too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ramirez

COURT+TV+CRIME+STORIES+-+RICHARD+RAMIREZ9.jpg

I'm not surprised at all. US cops are trained to shoot and ask questions later and don't get punished for wrong judgements at all.

killed 2 unarmed people in 5 years, not a good record, he needs to be kept away from the public.

killed 2 unarmed people in 5 years, not a good record, he needs to be kept away from the public.

The kid with the BB gun would only be considered unarmed by a retard and the guy quickly reaching into his jacket would be presumed armed by everyone on earth.

The kid with the BB gun would only be considered unarmed by a retard and the guy quickly reaching into his jacket would be presumed armed by everyone on earth.

Not to mention the fact that the second guy was suspected in an armed confrontation the night before.

The guy had an object (bb gun) that looked strikingly like a real firearm...let alone being on meth...

You afford way too much symphathy to criminals sometimes...

Not getting killed by cops is pretty easy. don't reach for your waist band when cops tell you not to, and don't point guns/toys that look like guns at Cops.

When a cops screams let me see your hands it's a good idea to do so, especially if you are known to be armed.

I think you automatically have to be suspicious of any officer that shoots an unarmed person, especially one involved in another fatal shooting. The previous incident involved a man reaching for a replica bb gun. That shooting was ruled justified as well. I tried to find the video of the more recent incident, but could only find still shots of the incident.

If you have a facebook account, you should follow the page "Surviving the streets: A page for cops" I believe it's called. They always post these types of videos when they come out. You can find the video on there.

Anyway, the video doesn't show much. You can't see anything about what's going on in the car. You can only see the officer, and he's not keeping his cool at all. He's yelling to the point of shrieking "Put your fucking hands up Richard! I'll fucking shoot you!" over and over and over again. And at some point he gets on the radio and says in a panicked voice, "Dispatch, I have Richard Ramirez here, you guys need to step it up and get here!"

So anyway, you have a cop here who sounds pretty on edge. But understandably so, considering that the officer is alone and Ramirez is a shooting suspect who keeps reaching for something.

It annoys me, if people like this actually obeyed the officers instructions there wouldn't be a story.

Reaching for the waistband seems like a pretty low threshold for shooting someone.

Moral of the story: don't scratch your scrote around a cop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back