Unarmed man killed by police after reaching into waistband

If you have a facebook account, you should follow the page "Surviving the streets: A page for cops" I believe it's called. They always post these types of videos when they come out. You can find the video on there.

Anyway, the video doesn't show much. You can't see anything about what's going on in the car. You can only see the officer, and he's not keeping his cool at all. He's yelling to the point of shrieking "Put your fucking hands up Richard! I'll fucking shoot you!" over and over and over again. And at some point he gets on the radio and says in a panicked voice, "Dispatch, I have Richard Ramirez here, you guys need to step it up and get here!"

So anyway, you have a cop here who sounds pretty on edge. But understandably so, considering that the officer is alone and Ramirez is a shooting suspect who keeps reaching for something.

I do not have a facebook account. I think there is simply too much risk associated with both the temptation to post stupid stuff that would get them into trouble(mainly, arguing with copblock idiots), and with people getting a peak into your personal lives. Sure, you can make it private, which I have considered, but I just prefer to stay away from it. I use my wife's account, and was having a grand old time peeking into the lives of stupid thugs in my area. Then I learned that when you visit someone's facebook page, facebook will suggest you as a possible friend to them. So now, it looks like my wife is trolling for gang members. I have ask her about that, and she of course, denies it.

Reaching for the waistband seems like a pretty low threshold for shooting someone.

Moral of the story: don't scratch your scrote around a cop.

Come on, man. Totality of the circumstances.

When the cops want you for a shooting the night before, and you have a cop pointing his gun at you screaming at the top of his lungs "I'LL SHOOT YOU IF YOU DONT PUT YOUR HANDS UP" 5 times over, then yea, don't scratch your scrote. Bad idea.

Back