UK Gracie Invitational @ SENI Show 26-27th April

i'm going but sadly i'm not competing this year because of injurys. So just going down to give some moral suport to the guys form the gym... you see a good looking guy with a pedro bessa jiu jitsu t-shirt on shouting at people, thats me!

Don't think i'll be competing now :( Really cant afford it and i got my ass handed to me last night by white belts below and at my weight...

I'm waiting for a good no-gi tourny to come up.

Cause Birmingham sucks ass. :p

went there for work at the NEC... food was just as expensive, the ppl talked like they need to say a thousand words per second or they die and business is much less.

Glad its in London and glad this thread came up, cause I almost forgot
I think London is just as expensive--- the tourneys were

Slidey: you competing? I am giving some thought to going.

I won't be competing, but I will be there helping out. Not quite sure what Jude wants the RGA helpers to do yet, so should be interesting. I'll be the small guy with big sideburns. :wink:

I look out for you! Man your job is gonna be feeding the fucking Brazilains!!! thats all tey do all day is judge and ref and eat pizza while walking around looking cool with glasses and backwards baseball caps!!! Bastards - I wanna be that cool and eat pizza and shit - Not fucking celery and protein shakes!!!

Il be there to watch, but im not competing as i dont really have anywhere to train bjj in a gi and I wouldnt know what level to enter.
Anyone here fighting on the saturday, thats when il be there.

I've changed my mind again! Will now be fighting for sure, white belt 76kg.

All paid up and ready to go, touch wood i get no injuries in training or the comp itself!

masterfighter if you see a guy with an afro from braulios academy then that would be me ;)

I've changed my mind again! Will now be fighting for sure, white belt 76kg.

All paid up and ready to go, touch wood i get no injuries in training or the comp itself!

masterfighter if you see a guy with an afro from braulios academy then that would be me ;)

Good luck dude, kick some ass.

Hey what's up. Glad you decided to sign up. It looks like it will also be my first tournament and I'll be in the same weight category as you. (Assuming I can shed a pound this week) Having trained since the beginning of February, I'm not the most confident about my skills but I can take some reassurance in the fact that I have trained against opponents who are invariably better and heavier than I am. Seems like you are in the same boat as me. It'll be a great experience. At least that's what Marcio Gomes told me. Best of luck,

Eric

Good luck to you too mate, we may even meet on the mat!

My biggest problem at the moment is the fact that i am useless at stand-up. No-gi i'm not so bad as i've been training that consistently but put a gi on me and i'm pretty much lost! I don't know any judo type throws so will likely stick with a single leg if i feel a bit confident.

Got a few days to work on pulling/jumping guard though, gonna need it too!

Yeah same, we train a few judo takedowns but anything could happen from standup so far as I'm concerned.

Wow, thats alot of competitiors. Anyone know when Monsons fight is? Please tell me its the saturday..

That's not even half of Gracie Barra Birmingham's turnout on there! There are at least 25 guys from our club signed up.

That's not even half of Gracie Barra Birmingham's turnout on there! There are at least 25 guys from our club signed up.

Yeah it's elimination

I'd like to win my first fight, i'll be happy with that as i'd rather not go out in the first round (touch wood)!

Anything else would be a bonus but we shall see what happens!

I guess it has to be elimination with that many entrants but it must really suck to pay 30 quid plus travel from up north and hotel room, just to be eliminated in the first round!

Back