legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Just caught that on Fox Sports 2.
giphy.gif

Just caught that on Fox Sports 2.
giphy.gif
Well yeah most of Aldo's great moments were in the WEC, not the UFC. He turned into a decision machine point fighter that pulled out of fights all the time once he got to the UFC then got KOd in 7 seconds by McGregor. Ronda's UFC title reign, objectively, was ridiculous. If any dude had been on that championship streak, armbarring guys in the 1st round and snapping their bones in half more than once, he'd be up there too.

<mma3>

i am not amused

Well yeah most of Aldo's great moments were in the WEC, not the UFC. He turned into a decision machine point fighter once he got to the UFC then got KOd in 7 seconds by McGregor. Ronda's UFC title reign, objectively, was ridiculous. If any dude had been on that championship streak, armbarring guys in the 1st round and snapping their bones in half more than once, he'd be up there too. Like a non-retarded, but more emotionally unstable, champ level Palhares on armbars.

<bball1>

he had 2 title defenses in the "wec" shut your dumb ass up

Thats so disrespectful to Aldo, and i like wmma and Ronda.

Can you post the whole list?

Pretty disgusting that Rousey isn’t 1.

Whats wrong with that?

It's only 1 fight more in favour of Aldo, and Ronda's was by far more significant.

Slap in the face - Aldo's run was absolutely fantastic considering who he fought. Ronda was great too don't get me wronf but she's no Jose Aldo

What's the problem?

A champion's reign is based on relative dominance over the rest of the division, and Ronda was way more dominant during her UFC reign.

How her division is in the absolute sense doesn't matter, Aldo's contenders would get their asses kicked by run of the mill MW, LHW and HWs too.

Wtf? Aldo title reigns is at least top 4 just based on pure title defense

Last edited:
Can you post the whole list?
I found the video TS is referring to, it's on Fight Pass. The list is:
1. Anderson Silva
2. Jon Jones
3. Demetrious Johnson
4. Georges St-Pierre
5. Ronda Rousey
6. Matt Hughes
7. Jose Aldo
8. Chuck Liddell
9. Tito Ortiz
10. Joanna Jedrzejczyk

<mma3>

i am not amused

<bball1>

he had 2 title defenses in the "wec" shut your dumb ass up
AnHlkNBCQAAjKWN_medium_medium.jpg

Rousey-Tate-16-finish.slo.pt2_medium.gif

Rousey-Tate-17-tate.taps_medium.gif

20120303_pjc_ab8_601.jpg

How quickly we forget.

You can do so much amazing shit in MMA then fans just pretend you always sucked. DC will lose his last fight at 40 years old and fans like you will say he was never that good. Just a gatekeeper.

The bitch went on a judo + arm snapping rampage. Come on, to pretend that she doesn't deserve to be up there with Aldo and other greats is just some stupid shit that makes MMA fans look like assholes.

lol

its easily anderson and gsp at the top, with jones and aldo next. ron de rousey and demetrious above are a joke. dj has lost twice and almost lost 2 other times (mccall and torres) when hes fighting top guys. a resume with the best wins being dodson and benavidez and a green cejudo doesnt rank him above a guy like gsp or aldo. thats madness lol

I found the video TS is referring to, it's on Fight Pass. The list is:
1. Anderson Silva
2. Jon Jones
3. Demetrious Johnson
4. Georges St-Pierre
5. Ronda Rousey
6. Matt Hughes
7. Jose Aldo
8. Chuck Liddell
9. Tito Ortiz
10. Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Thanks!

I'd put Jones over Silva tho.

lol

its easily anderson and gsp at the top, with jones and aldo next. ron de rousey and demetrious above are a joke. dj has lost twice and almost lost 2 other times (mccall and torres) when hes fighting top guys. a resume with the best wins being dodson and benavidez and a green cejudo doesnt rank him above a guy like gsp or aldo. thats madness lol
In all honesty, I feel like, ironically, the UFC actually DID try to promote him, and it just wasn't successful. Commercials, rankings, TUF... they tried harder for him than most of their non-favored fighters.

AnHlkNBCQAAjKWN_medium_medium.jpg

Rousey-Tate-16-finish.slo.pt2_medium.gif

Rousey-Tate-17-tate.taps_medium.gif

20120303_pjc_ab8_601.jpg

How quickly we forget.

You can do so much amazing shit in MMA then fans just pretend you always sucked. DC will lose his last fight at 40 years old and fans like you will say he was never that good. Just a gatekeeper.

The bitch went on a judo + arm snapping rampage. Come on, to pretend that she doesn't deserve to be up there with Aldo and other greats is just some stupid shit that makes MMA fans look like assholes.

I love Ronda, and I went and saw her fight Miesha for the belt in strikeforce live, and ive bought all her ufc ppvs (usually buy them all anyways but still...) but come on, Aldo's reign was longer and was against a deeper talent pool.

Ronda for sure derserves to be on this list, but under Aldo.

Back