UFC's Top Title Reigns of All Time. They have Aldo at #7 and Ronda at #5

To be fair, if Aldo experienced the same skill disparity with his opponents as Ronda did, he could have done the same thing easily.
If he fought an entire crew of guys that work at game stop, he could have won them all by first round leg kicks.
1FB58D31-CACA-4E04-A2A1-5081486FA4DE.jpeg

Both Aldo and Hughes need to be above Ronda, otherwise I don't really disagree. Hughes had Sherk, GSP, Royce Gracie, and BJ Penn in that streak. Multiple championship belt holders, hall of famers, and a potential GOAT. Can't get much more decorated of a run than that.

Last edited:
If he fought an entire crew of guys that work at game stop, he could have won them all by first round leg kicks.
View attachment 423209

Sure, or people who got into the sport to get into shape and end up in the ufc a couple years later going 9-0 before facing Ronda with maybe one of the technically shittiest styles in the company. That says it all right there. Ronda was very good, no doubt but most of her competition was not so good with a few exceptions.

UFC also has Conor-Nate 1 & 2 as the top 2 fights of all time. I thought we knew not to put any worth in their lists

1. Anderson
2. GSP
3. Jones
4. DJ
5. Aldo
6. Chuck
7. Hughes
8. Stipe
9. Tito
10.Ronda

Just beating Chad and Edgar is enough for Aldo to shit in the entire Ronda title reign

I'm a huge Aldo fan but this doesn't surprise me at all. Ronda was destroying everyone in front of her in spectacular fashion and doing it quickly too, she could be as high as 3rd (behind Silva and Jones) based on what she did to her challengers. GSP and Aldo are both phenomenal but their reigns are pretty forgettable.

I’d put Mighty Mouse #1; GSP #2

Not just because of the length of their reigns but how far above the pack they looked vs everyone else.

After Mighty Mouse’s first title defense he basically went unscathed for the next 5 1/2 until Henry gave him his first close fight since January 2013.

From April 2008 to November 2013 GSP was almost untouchable having only the Condit kick as the sole moment his title reign was in doubt until the Hendricks fight.

Anderson and Jones were both great champs but both looked more vulnerable then GSP/Mighty Mouse during their reigns IMO.

Also PED’s violations makes me retroactively knock them down a peg.

Yeah... I'm not a Ronda Fan... but I'm ok with her being above Aldo. Absolutely Love Jose... but in my mind significance & length of title reign + the way opponents were defeated, regardless of who they were, trumps the # of title defenses. And they're pretty close anyway with 7 defenses for Aldo, and 6 for Ronda in the UFC. Aldo's a legend... but Ronda was WMMA!

I'm a huge Aldo fan but this doesn't surprise me at all. Ronda was destroying everyone in front of her in spectacular fashion and doing it quickly too, she could be as high as 3rd (behind Silva and Jones) based on what she did to her challengers. GSP and Aldo are both phenomenal but their reigns are pretty forgettable.
Lol forgettable?

Matt Hughes was a bad motherfucker and everyone seems to forget. I dont really like him and I guess his reign was split up, but damn he beat Newton, GSP, Penn. Needs to be higher.

I can think of 10 Fights off the top of my head that were WAYYYY BETTER!
That was my exact point lol. Conor-Diaz 2 was a great fight but an all-time great fight? Eh that’s pushing it... my point was don’t trust any list made by the UFC. P4P included (even tho DC should be #1) lol

Lol forgettable?
Yeah forgettable. GSP vs Alves, Hardy, Koshcheck, Shields and Diaz were all very forgettable. GSP vs Fitch, Condit, BJ and Hendricks were decent though. Aldo vs Hominick, Florian, Korean Zombie and Lamas were all forgettable. Aldo vs Mendes (both fights) and Edgar were good. So over half their title defenses ended up being boring either because of skill disparity or they were too methodical and tactical to be compelling. I remember almost every detail of the way Jones, Silva and Ronda crushed their opponents but with GSP and Aldo there are fights that I even have trouble remembering any details of other than the result.

Well yeah most of Aldo's great moments were in the WEC, not the UFC. He turned into a decision machine point fighter that pulled out of fights all the time once he got to the UFC then got KOd in 7 seconds by McGregor. Ronda's UFC title reign, objectively, was ridiculous. If any dude had been on that championship streak, armbarring guys in the 1st round and snapping their bones in half more than once, he'd be up there too.
Aldo would finish his opponents even faster if he was fighting soccer dads...

Back